Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Legacy of the Green Regent Modules
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2014 :  22:32:12  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hashimashadoo

There are brief synopses of each module on the wiki, including what little can be gleaned about the ones that were never published from the sparse details given in the other modules.

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Extermination

The campaign starts at the above link and each module is posted in order of release. The in-universe resources at the link Bakra posted are far more detailed but don't mention the unpublished modules at all.

The LGR campaign has been a pet project of mine for a couple of years now. I don't think there's much available info I don't have without talking directly to the authors. If there are specifics you are having trouble with then please feel free to either drop me a PM or continue on in this thread.

hashimashadoo, what can you tell me about the Campaign Standards mentioned in Getting Started was this some sort of campaign guide?

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Edited by - Fellfire on 16 Oct 2014 22:36:36
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2014 :  23:14:22  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eeorey

quote:
Bomma boyz, or something like that.

OrK Stormboyz, the ones with single-rocket jetpacks that kamikaze from time to time, though they usually try to get some "blud on'ur choppaz".

I thought of them, but the boyz aren't the source of the detonations.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2014 :  01:24:00  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fellfire

quote:
Originally posted by hashimashadoo

There are brief synopses of each module on the wiki, including what little can be gleaned about the ones that were never published from the sparse details given in the other modules.

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Extermination

The campaign starts at the above link and each module is posted in order of release. The in-universe resources at the link Bakra posted are far more detailed but don't mention the unpublished modules at all.

The LGR campaign has been a pet project of mine for a couple of years now. I don't think there's much available info I don't have without talking directly to the authors. If there are specifics you are having trouble with then please feel free to either drop me a PM or continue on in this thread.

hashimashadoo, what can you tell me about the Campaign Standards mentioned in Getting Started was this some sort of campaign guide?

I have a lot of materiel to slog through, but after a quick skim several questions spring to mind immediately. The Order of the Jade Blade, is this just nomen mysticum? I think this deserves a PrC (even if it's only 5 lvls.) Also the Jade Blade itself. I'd like to see stats on this mythical sword. And finally, for now, the Velti'Enorethal? Sorry to dump all this in your lap, but you did claim to be the expert.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Edited by - Fellfire on 17 Oct 2014 02:34:54
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2014 :  02:35:31  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love elven secret societies

Misanthorpe

Edited by - Fellfire on 17 Oct 2014 02:36:22
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2014 :  16:56:37  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
* Yes, the intent was to cure the orcs. Kalahar Twohands had issued the unpopular Decree of Reception which allowed orcs into Loudwater and gave them rights comparable to citizens. The disease, although originally introduced by the orc community, could be transferred to other races when the victim died, as pustulent bodily fluids would be expelled in a 20' radius burst(it was a variant of Slimy Doom created by a mad dwarf druid).
* The Campaign Standards was a short document re-released every now and then when the starting level for new characters (or 'level kick') was increased. It explained what races you could play, starting character level and gold, a little about the campaign factions and basic guidelines for behaviour at the table and in game. It couldn't really be described as a campaign guide.
* The Order of the Jade Blade wasn't a secret society but it was one of the factions that players could join. Unlike the other factions that a new PC could join at character creation, the Order could only be joined by completing XGR1 or LGR04 (though LGR04 was one of the unpublished modules) which involved rescuing a member of Lord Kalahar's family. Being a part of the Order meant that you were one of Kalahar Twohands' personal agents - essentially an unofficial troubleshooter for the city government.
* The Jade Blade was a jade bastard sword. I can't remember right now whether the sword was taken from the Renshas when they were overthrown in the War of the Returned Regent or whether it belonged to Nanathlor Greysword, but it was wielded by both High Lords. No stats for it were ever given.
*The Velti'Enorethal was a school of philosophy in the predominantly elven part of Loudwater. It is the building that the city grew up around. Arcane magic and the faith of Labelas Enoreth were also taught here, as was elven history and traditions. It was only open to elven nobles and those that they personally vouched for however.

Any more for any more?

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/

Edited by - hashimashadoo on 17 Oct 2014 16:58:57
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2014 :  17:07:20  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's it for now. Thanks for clearing those up for me. So the Order of the Jade Blade could have been more than what we have. Boy that is frustrating

Misanthorpe

Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2019 :  16:39:15  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyone know where to get LGR19 - Difference of Opinion these days? I lost my PDF staff of LGR modules.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2019 :  17:36:53  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

Anyone know where to get LGR19 - Difference of Opinion these days? I lost my PDF staff of LGR modules.

--Eric

PM me an email address, and I can send you a copy.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

doidgestar
Acolyte

Uruguay
1 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2020 :  17:02:38  Show Profile Send doidgestar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heya, actually looking for copies of these pdf's but cannot seem to find them anywhere. Mainly looking for The Ruins of Karse.
If anyone is willing to send me the pdfs I'd be very grateful :-)
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2020 :  18:20:40  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To Whom Possesses the Awesome,

I would as well like a copy if they are being provided! :)

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000