Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 The quest for Races of the Wild Errata
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lunever
Acolyte

5 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2010 :  23:03:30  Show Profile  Visit Lunever's Homepage Send Lunever a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Does anyone know any source that contains errata for "Races of the Wild" or the "Arcane Hierophant" class?

Parting is all we know from heaven, and all we need of hell.

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2010 :  23:41:57  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's a list of all the official errata for 3.5 products. It doesn't look like any of the races books have errata, however.

3.0/3.5 Errata

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4430 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2010 :  04:26:12  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lunever

Does anyone know any source that contains errata for "Races of the Wild" or the "Arcane Hierophant" class?

What exactly about the class do you think needs errata? Granted, it's a very powerful PrC but it's flavor is unique and it follows the general pattern of other dual-spellcasting PrCs out there (except the dreadful Mystic Theurge).
Go to Top of Page

Lunever
Acolyte

5 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2010 :  08:17:07  Show Profile  Visit Lunever's Homepage Send Lunever a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, of course I already have checked the wizard's site and have downloaded all their published errata and searchd their forum. But these days you rarely find something useful there unless you consider 4e or dnd insider to be useful - which is why I'm glad for a forum like Candlekeep.

Regarding the information about the arcane hierophant I'm trying to find:

The class description repeatedly mentions that this class is mainly intended far wizard/druids, but also for wizard/rangers and specifically mentions, that druids or rangers can meet the class feature requirements.

Yet the class feature requirement is "Trackless Step", which is a class feature only for druids, but not for rangers. It is very probable, that the intention was to set "Woodland Stride" as a requirement, since it is a common class feature for both, druids and rangers.

I couldn't find any "Races of the Wild" errata, nor any articles about that issue. All I found are unanswered questions about that very topic. So if anyone knows some dungeon or dragon or dnd insider article or even just some IIRC discussion, please let me know.

Of course you can just say let there be a house rule, but usually I prefer not to unnecessarily bloat our house rules when there already is some adequate official source or errata.

Edited by - Lunever on 09 Jan 2010 08:40:07
Go to Top of Page

dwarvenranger
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2010 :  14:29:53  Show Profile  Visit dwarvenranger's Homepage Send dwarvenranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good catch, a ranger/wizard/arcane hierophant was something I wanted to try out, but haven't yet gotten a chance to. I'm afraid it's gonna end up a house rule.

If I waited till I knew what I was doing, I'd never get anything done.

Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4430 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2010 :  08:46:04  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would just change it to Woodland Stride. Since they (WotC) is probably never going to put out errata for that supplement, it's the eassies path to take and it makes sense. Besides, it's not like Trackless Step is all that game-breaking a feature and the flavor is still there with Woodland Stride.
Go to Top of Page

Lunever
Acolyte

5 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2010 :  16:05:21  Show Profile  Visit Lunever's Homepage Send Lunever a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I asked Skip Williams whether the original intention was to have woodland stride as the class feature requirement for the arcane hierophant instead of trackless step, so rangers can qualify as the descriptive text strongly suggest, and he said:

"Woodland Stride is certainly what I *meant* to write, Not sure how Tarckless Step got in there instead."

Go to Top of Page

woodwwad
Learned Scribe

USA
267 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2010 :  21:52:12  Show Profile  Visit woodwwad's Homepage Send woodwwad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lunever

I asked Skip Williams whether the original intention was to have woodland stride as the class feature requirement for the arcane hierophant instead of trackless step, so rangers can qualify as the descriptive text strongly suggest, and he said:

"Woodland Stride is certainly what I *meant* to write, Not sure how Tarckless Step got in there instead."

Well there you go, that errata seems pretty official to me. By the way, good job tracking that down

Check out my reviews on youtube of Forgotten Realms and other rpg products. http://www.youtube.com/user/woodwwad?feature=mhum
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4430 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2010 :  12:20:10  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've always wanted to try out this PrC but I've never had the chance. I could just see this guy with a huge famaliar/companion charging into the fray, unleasing spells I gave it then blasting away enemies from near-by trees. And doing it all in Dragonscale full-plate and wielding a huge ironwood Mallet, bwhahaha!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000