Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 question about dagger feats
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

woodwwad
Learned Scribe

USA
267 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2009 :  00:14:02  Show Profile  Visit woodwwad's Homepage Send woodwwad a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm in the process of making a dagger using pc for 3.5. I really like the idea of the weapon and am making the character a ranger/rogue blend. I'm looking for any feats that work well with dagger. Of course, I have weapon finesse, weapon focus, and knife fighter (out of the AEG feats book). I'm mainly looking for feats that are melee as opposed to ranged. Also, I'm considering the knife fighter (think that's the name) prestige class out of complete warrior. So any other good feats for a knife fighter would be helpful.

Check out my reviews on youtube of Forgotten Realms and other rpg products. http://www.youtube.com/user/woodwwad?feature=mhum

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2009 :  10:28:01  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Close-Quarters Fighting (CWar p.97): You receive an Attack of Opportunity when a creature attempts to Grapple you, even if the creature has Improved Grapple or an ability that lets its start a Grapple without an Attack of Opportunity. If you cause damage on your Attack of Opportunity, the Grapple attempt automatically fails unless the attacker has Improved Grapple or a similar ability. In this case, add you damage to the initial Grapple check to see if the creature starts its Grapple. This Feat does not grant an extra Attack of Opportunity.

Backstab (DR 340 p.85): You may make an Attack of Opportunity against an opponent that you flank who attacks a target other than
you.

Expert Tactician (CAdv p.109): If you hit a creature with an Attack of Opportunity, you and your allies gain a +2 Circumstance bonus on melee attack rolls and damage rolls against that opponent for 1 round.

Sneak Attack of Opportunity (DR 340 p.87): On your first Attack of Opportunity of the round, add your Sneak Attack damage to the attack’s damage.

Those are just some of the ones I looked through. I'd also suggest going the Greater Weapon Specialization feat as well as the Melee Weapon Mastery (dagger) feat progression. Since a dagger does little damage, you'll need all the help you can get. You can find alot more at Crystalkeep.com

As for a prestige class, If you using daggers then I'd suggest the Invisible Blade. If your looking to throw the weapons, then Master Thrower isn't a bad choice either. What exactly do you want to accomplish with this character and what would his role be to a party?

Edited by - Diffan on 28 Dec 2009 10:34:46
Go to Top of Page

woodwwad
Learned Scribe

USA
267 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2009 :  20:15:20  Show Profile  Visit woodwwad's Homepage Send woodwwad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Greater Weapon Specialization feat as well as the Melee Weapon Mastery (dagger)," I think these are both fighter only feats. I plan on making him an urban ranger/rogue. The damage will come from the sneak attack and two-weapon fighting. The character will be the group rogue. I plan on making him a holy warrior of Sune who uses his ranger and rogue skills to find and recover stolen or lost objects of art, or other things of beauty. The back stroy would take a long time to type out, so I'll just leave it at that. What is the book you refer to DR? That's not ringing a bell for me. I did plan on using the Invisible Blade for my first prestige class. I'll be mainly melee attacking. I'm just not big on throwing weapons, although, I'll likely get some of those feats at some point, as a lot of them are really nice.

Check out my reviews on youtube of Forgotten Realms and other rpg products. http://www.youtube.com/user/woodwwad?feature=mhum
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000