Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 HELP: I need a list of sources for the Cold Lands
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2010 :  19:34:16  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's because the 'restructured' the pages so the old links get redirected to the new page. You can still find some of the old stuff by doing Google site searches (XXXXXX site:www.wizards.com).

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2010 :  23:57:17  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wizards has a very bad habit of periodicly rearranging their site, without bothering to update any links. I don't think they've actually taken anything down, it's just that the links are no longer there. I know for a fact that the old Roll of Years file, first posted back in 2000, is still there on the Wizard site -- though the links leading to that file have been gone for five years or more. And I recently tracked down where they'd moved the old Spin a Yarn files, and also Elaine's "History of the Crinti" article.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

coach
Senior Scribe

USA
479 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2010 :  03:38:10  Show Profile Send coach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Demihumans of the Realms

has info about:
Arctic Dwarves living in the Great Glacier
Avariel living in Sossal
and mentions dwaven lorefinders seeking the 'lost halls of Dareth' (ancient Dareth kingdom located in what is now Sossal)

Bloodstone Lands Sage
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2010 :  07:00:24  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was looking through your list of sources here... and I couldn't find anything in the Dungeoneer's Survival Guide; just curious as to why it's on your list. I *do* love the mining rules from that book...

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.
Go to Top of Page

coach
Senior Scribe

USA
479 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2010 :  13:48:52  Show Profile Send coach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
it is one of the handful of "stretches" i made with canon in my project (along with keeping iyraclea alive LOL) in an otherwise 99.9% strict canon product

in a couple of Bloodstone Lands references, it is mentioned to use Deepearth as the underdark setting of the Bloodstone Lands. Deepearth is found in the DSG. It is sorta like the 3ed regular DnD sources that have the "...In Eberron" and "...In Faerun" sidebars , except this 'sidebar' was from 1st ed.

I'll try to find the exact references with page numbers

Bloodstone Lands Sage
Go to Top of Page

coach
Senior Scribe

USA
479 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2010 :  13:54:53  Show Profile Send coach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Book two of Lady Peninent series: Storm of the Dead

discusses the Acropolis of Thanatos, temple of Kiaransalee, in the city of V'eldrinnssharr (sp?) located in the underdark under the Galena Mountains

Bloodstone Lands Sage
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000