Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 (Mostly) Post-Spellplague Arunsun Family Lore
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2009 :  06:30:48  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I should have been clearer in my scroll title: this is a request for lore, sources, and/or theories. I'm far too busy with my own Realmslore projects to invent details for canonical characters that should (barring NDAs) be readily accessible.

1. Where are the stories of Krehlan's succession to Blackstaff and his death told?

2. For the designers: Can anything be said yet about his NDA'd sibling?

3. Has the story of Sarael "Trollscourge" Arunsun yet been told?

I have a whole lot of other questions regarding this family pre-Spellplague. If I had the time to create Arunsun lore for myself, I wouldn't even bother asking, but I'm busy enough creating lore for the Realms personages of my own creation.

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.

Edited by - Jakk on 22 Aug 2009 06:34:58

Lirdolin
Learned Scribe

Germany
198 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2009 :  11:36:50  Show Profile  Visit Lirdolin's Homepage Send Lirdolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Krehlan's ascension and death probably have yet to be described in full and have only been hinted at in Blackstaff Tower.
Same for Sarael I presume.

To add something to your list:

Vajra ‚Blackstaff’ Safahr
Blackstaff from 1479 onwards
Her aunt was Mynda Gyrfalcon-Thann
Khelben's ghost can sense "his and Gamalon's blood" in her. BT253

Edited by - Lirdolin on 22 Aug 2009 12:09:22
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2009 :  19:22:25  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Lirdolin! I'm hoping to squeeze some more information out of the esteemed Arunsun sage Schend, but I'm not expecting much; I've asked him about this before, and I suspect that what isn't protected by NDA directly would provide hints to lore that is under NDA, which is why none of it can come to light at this point.

To Mr. Schend: Write more Blackstaff novels, Steven! Fill them with lots of tasty bits of retrospective lore! Please and thank you!

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2009 :  14:00:09  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Really can't help here, Jakk. NDAs keep me from saying anything about the Arunsun lines; professional courtesy AND NDAs keep me from adding any notes about the Thann family lines as well. The answers for all three of your questions are simply: Everything that exists that can be discussed is in BLACKSTAFF TOWER. I really cannot add any more until I have both time and the approval of WotC to reveal or discuss more, and neither will be forthcoming any time soon. Sorry.

Steven
www.steveneschend.com

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2009 :  05:01:40  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Steven; understood. I'll see what I can put together from what's discussed in the 1E-3.5 sourcebooks and novels. Here's to hoping that we see some light shed on some of these matters at some point.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000