Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 (Mostly) Post-Spellplague Arunsun Family Lore

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jakk Posted - 22 Aug 2009 : 06:30:48
I should have been clearer in my scroll title: this is a request for lore, sources, and/or theories. I'm far too busy with my own Realmslore projects to invent details for canonical characters that should (barring NDAs) be readily accessible.

1. Where are the stories of Krehlan's succession to Blackstaff and his death told?

2. For the designers: Can anything be said yet about his NDA'd sibling?

3. Has the story of Sarael "Trollscourge" Arunsun yet been told?

I have a whole lot of other questions regarding this family pre-Spellplague. If I had the time to create Arunsun lore for myself, I wouldn't even bother asking, but I'm busy enough creating lore for the Realms personages of my own creation.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jakk Posted - 24 Aug 2009 : 05:01:40
Thanks, Steven; understood. I'll see what I can put together from what's discussed in the 1E-3.5 sourcebooks and novels. Here's to hoping that we see some light shed on some of these matters at some point.
Steven Schend Posted - 23 Aug 2009 : 14:00:09
Really can't help here, Jakk. NDAs keep me from saying anything about the Arunsun lines; professional courtesy AND NDAs keep me from adding any notes about the Thann family lines as well. The answers for all three of your questions are simply: Everything that exists that can be discussed is in BLACKSTAFF TOWER. I really cannot add any more until I have both time and the approval of WotC to reveal or discuss more, and neither will be forthcoming any time soon. Sorry.

Steven
www.steveneschend.com
Jakk Posted - 22 Aug 2009 : 19:22:25
Thanks, Lirdolin! I'm hoping to squeeze some more information out of the esteemed Arunsun sage Schend, but I'm not expecting much; I've asked him about this before, and I suspect that what isn't protected by NDA directly would provide hints to lore that is under NDA, which is why none of it can come to light at this point.

To Mr. Schend: Write more Blackstaff novels, Steven! Fill them with lots of tasty bits of retrospective lore! Please and thank you!
Lirdolin Posted - 22 Aug 2009 : 11:36:50
Krehlan's ascension and death probably have yet to be described in full and have only been hinted at in Blackstaff Tower.
Same for Sarael I presume.

To add something to your list:

Vajra ‚Blackstaff’ Safahr
Blackstaff from 1479 onwards
Her aunt was Mynda Gyrfalcon-Thann
Khelben's ghost can sense "his and Gamalon's blood" in her. BT253

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000