Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 FR homebrew Paragon Path and Epic Destiny
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2010 :  13:57:49  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was going over your list and one that I think I already sorta converted was the Divine Champion. I created the Holy Champion that sorta incompasses the Divine Champion and the PrC that dedicated to Tyr from the Player's Guide to Faerun (can't remember the name right now).

Other than that, I'll see what I can come up with. I really have to rely on special class features to make some of these work, so conversions like the Red Wizards is going to be difficult.
Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
498 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2010 :  17:40:53  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diffan

I was going over your list and one that I think I already sorta converted was the Divine Champion. I created the Holy Champion that sorta incompasses the Divine Champion and the PrC that dedicated to Tyr from the Player's Guide to Faerun (can't remember the name right now).

Other than that, I'll see what I can come up with. I really have to rely on special class features to make some of these work, so conversions like the Red Wizards is going to be difficult.

The Tyr PrC was called the 'Justiciar of Tyr.' And seeing how in your PM reply you said that the Elven High Mage was already covered for an Epic Destiny, that makes sense. Shows me how behind the times I am with Dragon Magazine since the actual printed issues stopped.

Me, I think I'm going to try tackling the Orc Warlord at some point.

Galuf's Baldur's Gate NPC stats: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8823
Galuf's 3.5 Ed. Cleric Domains: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14036
Galuf's Homebrew 4th Edition Races: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13787
Galuf's Homebrew Specialty Priest PrCs: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14353
Galuf's Forgotten Realms Heralds and Allies thread: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8766
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2010 :  04:21:46  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's an epic destiny I created a while back, enjoy:

NETHERESE ARCANIST

Prerequisites: 21st level, any arcane class; must be affiliated with Netheril

NETHERESE ARCANIST PATH FEATURES
Arcanist Power (21st level): At the beginning of each day, choose one daily attack spell that you know (and have prepared today, if you prepare spells). You get a +2 bonus to attack with that spell and the effects are maximized, as though the attack were a critical hit against each target. This does not trigger magical items with critical properties.
Arcane Resistance (26th level): Choose a damage type keyword. From now on, you have Resist 10 against that keyword. In addition, you may spend an action point to end any ongoing effect that targets you. Whenever you take an extended rest, you may change the damage type.
Ritual Artisan (30th level): You gain a +5 bonus to any key skill check made to perform a ritual. Also, casting rituals takes you half the time indicated by the ritual.

NETHERESE ARCANIST SPELL

Spellmantle; Netherese Arcanist Utility 26
Daily * Arcane
Immediate Interrupt; Personal
Trigger: You are hit by an area or ranged attack
Effect: Chose one effect:
Absorbtion: Treat the attack as a miss and suffer no after effects.
Counter-strike: Use any at-will power you know as an immediate reaction.
Recall: Regain one encounter or utility power you have already used since your last extended rest.

EDIT: Changed the prereqs to those that come from Netheril or have relations/influences in Netheril. Not everyone should be able to become a Netherese Arcanist I think.

Edited by - Diffan on 25 Aug 2010 15:18:41
Go to Top of Page

Kilvan
Senior Scribe

Canada
894 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2010 :  13:48:30  Show Profile Send Kilvan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If I ever make the step to 4th ed mechanics (which I'm probably going to try at lest once someday) I'm definately going to try a few of these. Unfortunately, I do not know enough about this edition to actually comment your ideas, but I like the fact that they exist. Keep it up Diffan.

Edited by - Kilvan on 25 Aug 2010 13:48:49
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2010 :  15:16:27  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kilvan

If I ever make the step to 4th ed mechanics (which I'm probably going to try at lest once someday) I'm definately going to try a few of these. Unfortunately, I do not know enough about this edition to actually comment your ideas, but I like the fact that they exist. Keep it up Diffan.

Thanks buddy. I've loved the flavor and depth that FR has had and I hope that has trasnfered into my conversions. I have a few more on my hard-drive that I'll post soon. I'll hopefully be making more in the near future.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2010 :  02:14:46  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's another one, though not FR specific. It could easily be used in any campaign that has knights and so-forth:

CAVALIER
“For the glory of battle, Charge!”

Prerequisite: Fighter, Paladin, or Warlord; Mounted Combat feat

You represent the ultimate in combat warfare. Your charge is among the most devastating weapons any culture can hope to field. Often you command from your steed in open battle against your enemies and charge first into the fray with valor and steel. Your combat skills rely heavily on mobility, harrying your opponents with quick passes through their lines to scatter their defense. When room restricts your movement, you charge into their ranks and hack at them from your mighty mount, giving you an advantage against lower adversaries.

CAVALIER PATH FEATURES
Mounted Weapon Bonus (11th level): You gain a +2 bonus on attack and damage rolls when using a polearm or heavy blade while mounted.
Cavalier’s Action (11th level): When you spend an action point to make an attack and if your mounted, your mount can also make a basic melee attack against an opponent adjacent to you.
Cavalier’s Bond (16th level): When you are mounted, you cannot be immobilized and you and your mount receive a +1 bonus to saving throws.

CAVALIER EXPLOITS

Ride-by-Attack; Cavalier Attack 11
You ride into the thicket of your enemies, attacking as you pass through.
Encounter * Martial, Weapon
Standard Action; Personal
Requirements: You must be mounted
Attack: Strength vs. AC
Hit: 2(W) + Strength modifier damage.
Effect: You may shift 2 squares before and after you initiate this attack. Your mount may make a melee basic attack against the same target.

Healing Bond; Cavalier Utility 12
The healing you receive flows into your body and your mount gains health through the bond you share.
Encounter * Martial, Healing
Immediate Reaction; Personal
Trigger: You spend a healing surge
Requirements: You must be mounted
Effect: Your mount also regains hit points equal to your healing surge value.

Unstoppable Charge; Cavalier Attack 20
You charge into the enemies ranks with such valor and force that nothing can stand in your way.
Daily * Martial, Weapon
Standard Action; Personal
Requirement: You must be mounted and charging as part of this attack.
Attack: Strength vs. AC
Hit: 3(W) + Strength modifier damage and you knock the target prone.
Miss: Half-damage and you push the target back 1 square.
Effect: Make a secondary attack and shift 2 squares.
Secondary Target: One creature adjacent to the primary target.
Secondary Attack: Strength vs AC
Hit: 2(W) + Strength modifier damage.

EDIT: Only a minor change here, reworked Ride-by-Attack so that the effect is a shift 2 squares, not a move 2 squares.

Edited by - Diffan on 12 Jul 2011 19:27:10
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2010 :  04:41:17  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's another FR specific one from Faiths & Pantheons:

DWEOMERKEEPER

Prerequisites: Invoker or cleric and wizard, weapon proficiency (shuriken); must still worship Mystra.

DWEOMERKEEPER PATH FEATURES
Weave Devotion (11th level): Even though the weave is no more, you still pay it tribute. From now on, you no longer may cast spells with the Shadow keyword. For this sacrifice, when you spend an action point to take an extra action, you also gain a +4 bonus to attack rolls with an Arcane or Divine power source until the start of your next turn.
Darkvision (11th level): You gain darkvision, so as to better perceive the trecheries of Shar.
Mystra's Lingering Touch (11th level): A number of times per day equal to 1 + you Intelligence or Wisdom modifier (minimum once per day), you may place a magical aura on a mundane item. Though this item isn't magical, it seems to appear so through any dectection means. If someone attempts to identify the item (Arcana skill check DC 15 + item's level), they discover it's true non-magical nature. The item's level cannot exceed your own level.
Swift Mantle (16th level): When you first become bloodied in an encounter, you can use any utility power as a minor action. If the utility's required action is already a minor action, you may cast it as a free action.

DWEOMERKEEPER PRAYERS

Holy Star; Dweomerkeeper Attack 11
Encounter * Divine, Implement, Fire, Radiant
Standard Action; Ranged 20
Target: One creature
Attack: Intelligence or Wisdom vs. Reflex
Hit: 2d6 + Intelligence or Wisdom modifier fire radiant damage, and the target is marked until the end of your next turn.
Effect: For a number of rounds equal to your Intelligence or Wisdom modifier you shine, giving off bright light in a 5-square radius.

Spell Shield; Dweomerkeeper Utility 12
Encounter * Divine
Trigger: You are hit by an area, blast, or ranged attack.
Effect: You gain a +4 power bonus to all your defenses, and Resist 10 against a particular damage type chosen by you until the end of your next turn. Chose the damage type from the following list: acid, cold, fire, force, lightning, necrotic, poison, psychic, radiant, or thunder.

Mystra's Miasma; Dweomerkeeper Attack 20
Daily * Divine, Implement, Radiant, Zone
Standard Action; Area burst 2 within 20
Target: Each creature in burst
Attack: Intelligence or Wisdom vs. Will
Hit: 4d8 + Intelligence or Wisdom modifier radiant damage.
Effect: The burst creates a zone that siphons magic and blocks line of sight until the end of your next turn. Creatures that enter the zone or start their turns there take 10 radiant damage and a -4 penalty to attack rolls and damage rolls when using area, burst, or ranged attacks.
Sustain Minor: The zone persists

EDIT: Everything looks pretty solid here. Only a few minor tweaks with the wording and I took out the word shadow from the choice of effects from Spell Shield.

Edited by - Diffan on 12 Jul 2011 19:31:56
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2010 :  04:47:44  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This one isn't mine, so I can't take credit for it, but it might serve for those who play divine classes and worship Chauntea.

HARVESTER
The world has become an untamed field. Left fallow by darkness and villainy. I am here to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Prerequisites: Any divine class, must worship Chauntea

You are the voice of the Great Mother amongst the people. Everywhere her blessings bring prosperity and growth, you are welcomed. But in the years since the Spellplague, the world has grown wild. Foul beasts and aberrations encroach on even the most peaceful of lands, threatening to swallow whole the pastoral life that Chauntea holds dear. Only you stand between darkness and the simple folk.
You strive against the Spellplague, as it is an example of nature gone awry. The cults of Talona and Malar are to be opposed wherever they arise, as their "natural order" is nothing more than perversion designed to render nature back to chaos and destruction.
Harvesters are most often wandering priests, or servants of the land that minister to farm lands and rural communities. Generous and giving, they are often seen as healers of the land, whose arrival means good fortunes for crops to come. But when evil shows its face, many are shocked to find the Harvesters resolve as sturdy as the earth herself.

HARVESTER PATH FEATURES
Voice of the Great Mother (11th Level): You gain the ability to speak with and understand all creatures with the Plant or Earth Keywords, regardless of language. You gain a +5 power bonus to Diplomacy rolls with those creatures.
Lessons of Sap and Vine (11th Level): When you spend an action point, you gain +2 power bonus to Fortitude and Regeneration of 5 + your Wisdom modifier until the end of your next turn.
Fruits of the Great Garden (16th Level): You gain Resist Poison equal to 5 + your Wisdom modifier. You gain one additional healing surge per day. Additionally, you also gain a +1 bonus to saves versus effects with the Poison or Necrotic keywords.

HARVESTER PRAYERS

Mother's Embrace; Harvester Attack 11
The very ground beneath your enemies rolls and breaks, shooting up to trap them in twisted rock and vine.
Encounter * Divine, Force, Implement, zone
Standard Action; Area burst 1 within 10
Target: Each enemy in burst
Attack: Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma vs. Reflex
Hit: 2d8 + Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma modifier force damage and the target is restrained (save ends).
Effect: This power creates a zone of broken rocks and vine. All squares in the zone count as difficult terrain. Any enemy that ends it's movement in the zone or starts it's turn in the zone is restrained (save ends).
Sustain Minor: The zone persists

Breath of Life; Harvester Utility 12
Just as Chauntea breathed life into Faerun, you breathe renewal back into a fallen comrade.
Daily * Divine, Healing
Immediate Reaction; Close burst 10
Trigger: When an ally in the burst drops to 0 HP or below
Target: One ally
Effect: The target regains one healing surge as well as the use of their second wind. The also gain regeneration equal to one-half your level + your Wisdom modifier until the end of your next turn.

Reap and Sow; Harvester Attack 20
The air shimmers with ghostly scythes, slashing through the air as they reap the harvest of the unjust.
Daily * Divine, Force, Implement, Zone
Standard Action; Close burst 5
Target: All enemies in burst
Attack: Intelligence +2, Wisdom +2, or Charisma +2 vs. AC
Hit: 6d6 + Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma modifier force damage, and the target is knocked prone.
Effect: This power creates a zone of phantasmal scythes that slice at your enemies. Any creature moving into the zone or starting it's turn there takes 1d10 + Wisdom modifier force damage and is slowed.
Sustain Minor: The zone persists.

Edited by - Diffan on 26 Aug 2010 14:43:57
Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
498 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2010 :  15:27:51  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Almost finished with the Orc War Leader (my 4th Edition version of the Orc Warlord). Just have to finish with the Paragon Path Features and exploits.

Galuf's Homebrew 4th Edition Races: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13787
Galuf's Homebrew Specialty Priest PrCs: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14353
Galuf's Forgotten Realms Heralds and Allies thread: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8766
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2010 :  00:30:31  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Galuf the Dwarf

Almost finished with the Orc War Leader (my 4th Edition version of the Orc Warlord). Just have to finish with the Paragon Path Features and exploits.

Awesome! Can't wait to see it.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2010 :  11:27:02  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's one more from the vault:

THAYAN SLAVER

Prerequisites: Human, rogue or assassin, any evil alignment, trained in Intimidate, affiliated with Thay

THAYAN SLAVER PATH FEATURES
Ruthless Beating (11th level): When you drop an enemy to 0 hit points or more but choose to render them unconscious, you gain a +2 bonus to each damage die until the end of your next turn.
Break Will (11th level): When you spend an action point to take an extra action, any attack you make with the rattling keyword imposes a -4 penalty to attack rolls until the end of your next turn.
Stunning Blow (16th level): Once per encounter when you successfully make a melee attack against a creature that grants you combat advantage, the target is also stunned and weakened (save ends).

THAYAN SLAVER EXPLOITS

Enervating Strike; Thayan Slaver Attack 11
Encounter * Martial, Rattling, Weapon
Standard Action; Melee weapon
Requirement: You must be wielding a light or heavy blade
Attack: Dexterity vs. AC
Hit: 2(W) + Dexterity modifier damage, and the target is weakened until the end of your next turn.

Incognito; Thayan Slaver Utility 12
Encounter * Martial
Free Action; Persoanl
Effect: You gain a +4 power bonus to your Bluff checks for the duration of any Skill Challenge or for 10 minutes.

Crippling Strike; Thayan Slaver Attack 20
Daily * Martial, Weapon
Requirement: You must be wielding a light or heavy blade
Target: One bloodied creature
Attack: Dexterity vs. AC
Hit: 4(W) + Dexterity modifier damage, and the target is immobilized and takes ongoing 10 damage (save ends both).
Miss: Half-damage, and the target is immobilized until the end of your next turn

Edited by - Diffan on 27 Aug 2010 11:30:28
Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
498 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2010 :  16:40:29  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After some consultation with Diffan, here's the finished product.

Orc War Leader

Prerequisite: Orc or Half-orc; Chaotic evil, evil, or Unaligned alignment

Orc War Leader Path Features
Death to Our Enemies (11th level): Whenever you spend an action point to make an attack, you gain a +3 bonus on attack and damage rolls against non-orc targets.
Orc Kinship (11th level): You gain a +2 bonus on Diplomacy and Intimidate checks when dealing with Orcs of Half-orcs.
At 21st level, this bonus increases to +4.
No Remorse (16th level): Whenever you bloody an enemy, that enemy now grants combat advantage to you and each ally within burst 5 (centered on the target). In addition, the target gains Vulnerability melee 5 until the end of your next turn.

Orc War Leader Exploits

Orc Savagery; Orc War Leader Attack 11
You show enemies of your kind how much you despise them.
Encounter * Weapon
Free Action; Melee weapon
Attack
: Strength +2, Dexterity +2, or Constitution +2 vs. AC
Hit: 2(W) + Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution modifier damage. If the target is not an orc then the target is also weakened until the end of your next turn.

Blood Fury; Orc War Leader Utility 11
You channel the fury within your bloodline into one fierce display.
Daily * Stance
Minor Action; Personal
Effect
: You gain temporary hit points equal 1/2 your level and a bonus to saving throws equal to 1/2 your Strength modifier.

Rally the Horde; Orc War Leader Attack 20
With a mighty battle cry, you and all orc-blooded allies around you gain a battle fervor that drives them further to conquest.
Daily * Stance, Weapon
Standard Action; Close Burst 3
Target
: You and all allies within burst.
Effect: On your turn, you and all allies within the burst are inspired into one bounding assault. Targets receive a +2 bonus to attack rolls and temporary hit points equal to 5 + Strength modifier (orc or half-orc allies receive a +3 bonus to attack and 7 + Strength modifier temporary hit points). In addition, once while in this stance you may make the following attack:
Requirement: You must charge as part of this attack.
Attack: Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution vs. AC
Hit: 3(W) + Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution modifier damage and the target is weakened (save ends) and knocked prone.

Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2010 :  14:11:15  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks good Galuf. Though you might want to add in another 11th level feature. Orc Kinship is a pretty interesting and flavorful feature, though I think it could use at least one more tactical ability. Maybe some benefit when you use your Orc or Half-Orc racial ability? I like this: "When you use your Furious Assault or Warrior's Surge racial power, you may add an extra 1(W) or 1d8 to the power's damage. And you could call it Orcish Onslaught or something like it.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2010 :  17:18:15  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's a total-homebrew one. I created this 3.5 prestige class called the Pegasus Knight of Cormyr for my character in the Shadowdale: Scourge of the Land campaign and I figured I'd convert it to 4e. Enjoy!

PEGASUS KNIGHT OF CORMYR
"Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood or to the last beat of the heart."

Prerequisite: Any non-evil alignment; Fighter, Paladin, Ranger with Beast Mastery class feature, or Warlord; Mounted Combat feat; affiliated with Cormyr.

Your apart of the pegasus knights, a tightly knit unit of Cormyrean military. Your purpose is providing air-cover to ground troops, scout out enemey encampments, and eliminate Shadovar air-calvery (usually Shades riding veserabs). The knighthood started with Commander Ivan Brightflame who aquired a helm able to bring forth a celestial pegasus. He knew Cormyr would be facing foes with the advantage of flight, namely Sky Mages of the Zhentarim and the newer arrivals of Shade Enclave. In 1382 DR, he started training purple dragon knights in the use of air-combat tactics and reconnaissance. The knighthood gained a large amount of respect from the Steel Regent and other purple dragon knights as the pegasus knight's won battle after battle. Almost a century has passed and the Pegasus Knights of Cormyr's fame has remained strong.

PEGASUS KNIGHT OF CORMYR PATH FEATURES
Pegasus Knight Action (11th level): When you spend an action point to make an attack, your pegasus can take a standard action or a move action after your attack. If the pegasus uses the action to attack, the attack deals 1d6 extra damage.
Pegasus Mount (11th level): You gain a pegasus as a mount. If your a Ranger, you can swap your current beast compainion for a Cormyrean Pegasus.
Magical Defenses (16th level): While mounted on your pegasus, you and your pegasus receive a +1 bonus to Fortitude, Reflex, and Will defenses. In addition, once per day you may re-roll a saving throw that you or your pegasus mount can make.

PEGASUS KNIGHT OF CORMYR EXPLOITS

Power Dive; Pegasus Knight Attack 11
You urge your pegasus into a dive, dropping down on your foes and striking them with blinding speed and power.
Encounter * Martial, Weapon
Standard Action; Melee or Ranged weapon
Requirement: You must be mounted and charging on a creature that is flying.
Primary Target: One creature
Primary Attack: Strength or Dexterity vs. AC
Hit: 2(W) + Strength or Dexterity modifier damage and the target is knocked prone. Your pegasus may make a secondary attack.
Secondary Target: One creature that was the primary target.
Secondary Attack: Beast's attack bonus vs. AC
Hit: 1(B) + Strength modifier damage
Level 21: 2(W) + Strength modifier damage.

Aerial Evasion; Pegasus Knight Utility 12
With a quick pull of the reins, you put your pegasus into a barrel roll, throwing off harmful attacks and making it harder for enemies to target you.
Daily * Martial
Trigger: Hit by an attack that targets you or your mount's Fortitude, Reflex, or Will defense.
Effect: Treat the attack as if it were a miss, including any miss effect the attack may have.
Special: You my expend 3 healing surges to regain the use of this power.

Strafing Run; Pegasus Knight Attack 20
Dropping out of the skies, you line up your targets and attack on the fly.
Daily * Martial, Weapon
Standard Action; Melee or Ranged weapon
Requirement: You must be mounted and charging on a creature that is flying.
Attack: Strength -1 or Dexterity -1 vs. AC
Hit: 3(W) + Strength or Dexterity modifier damage.
Effect: You can fly 3 squares and repeat the attack against a second target. You can then fly 3 squares and repeat the attack against a third target.
Special: Charging in this way does not require you to move in a straight line though it provokes opportunity attacks.

CORMYREAN PEGASUS STATISTICS
Ability Scores: Strength 20, Constitution 16, Dexterity 18, Intelligence 4, Wisdom 12, Charisma 8
Size: Large
Speed: 6 squares, fly 8 squares
Defenses: AC 12 + level, Fortitude 13 + level, Reflex 13 + level, Will 12 + level
Hit Points: 15 + 10 per level
Attack Bonus: Level + 4
Damage: 2d6
Melee Basic Attack: Hoof; level + 3 vs. AC; 2d6 + Strength modifier damage.
Mount: The Cormyrean pegasus is a mount.
Cooperative Charge: When the Cormyrean pegasus's rider charges, the pegasus can make a hoof attack as a free action in addition to it's rider's charge attack.
Trained Skills: Athletics, Endurance, Perception

Of course, if they come out with Offical stats for a Pegasus i'll replace the ones here with those. It pretty much reflects the Vadalis-bred Griffon stats from the Eberron Player's Guide.

Edited by - Diffan on 29 Aug 2010 17:39:45
Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
498 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2010 :  17:16:30  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh! I forgot that these PrCs still need to be converted.

Darkmask (Lords of Darkness)
Giant Killer (Silver Marches)
Gnome Artificer (Magic of Faerun)
Guild Wizard of Waterdeep (Magic of Faerun)
Harper Mage (Magic of Faerun)
Harper Priest (Magic of Faerun)
Horde-Breaker (Silver Marches)
Incantatrix (Magic of Faerun)
Mage-killer (Magic of Faerun)
Master Alchemist (Magic of Faerun)*
Mystic Wanderer (Magic of Faerun)
Orc Scout (Silver Marches)
Peerless Archer (Silver Marches)
Spelldancer (Magic of Faerun)
Spellfire Channeler (Magic of Faerun)**
Wearer of Purple (Faiths & Pantheons)
Wild Scout (Silver Marches)
Zhentarim Skymage (Lords of Darkness/Champions of Ruin)

Notes:
* = I don't know if rules for such exist in 4th edition
** = Spellfire wasn't destroyed with Mystra's death, was it?

Go to Top of Page

Cleric Generic
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
565 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2010 :  20:06:14  Show Profile  Visit Cleric Generic's Homepage Send Cleric Generic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think Spellfire pretty much went down with Mystra, but a lot of the various spell-plague related abilities are remarkably similar. Sufficiently so, I reckon, that you could just re-label the plague-changed PP as Spellfire Channeller (with a bit of imagination, of course) and be done with it.

Cedric! The Cleric Generic and Master of Disguise!

ALL HAIL LORD KARSUS!!!

Vast Realmslore Archive: Get in here and download everything! http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/archfr/rl

2e Realms book PDFs; grab em! - http://poleandrope.blogspot.com/2010/07/working-around-purge.html
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2010 :  21:47:39  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Spellfire is not synonymous with the Weave. So spellfire can be used and possibly is still being used with people of Faerun in 1479DR. There was a word document that was on the WotC boards for a homebrew Spellfire Channeler and Spellfire Warrior paragon path plus Spellfire abiities that worked much like being spellcarred. It works like Multi-classing (meaning you take feats to replace powers). Don't know how I could send the file I have to you though? I guess I could post it on here, but it'll take some time.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2010 :  04:20:28  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's another non-FR homebrew ~

WAR WEAVER

By weaving together strands of arcane power, war weavers become a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield. Instead of manipulating the battlefield to better uses, a war weaver boosts his or her allies first, considering them the true threat to the enemy rather than some offensive spells. This willingness to help others is what separates a war weaver from most of their fellow arcane spellcasters.

Prerequisites: Bard, Sorcerer, or Wizard

WAR WEAVER PATH FEATURES
Tapestry of War (11th level): When you spend an action point to make an arcane attack, you and each ally within 5 squares of you gains a bonus to attack rolls equal to your Wisdom modifier and can shift 1 square as a free action.
Defensive Weaving (11th level): Once per day, when you use a utility power, you may also have that power affect one ally within 5 squares. At 21st level, you may use this ability on a number of allies equal to your Wisdom modifier. Allies can't sustain this power, but you can sustain the effect placed on yourself.
Quiescent Weaving (16th level): When you renew your spells (or prepare them if your a wizard) after an extended rest, you may choose 1 utility spell you know to weave into an eldritch tapestry for later use. Releasing this spell is a free action. While this spell remains in the eldritch tapestry, it is considered used for the duration of combat, until discharged.

WAR WEAVER SPELLS

Cover Fire; War Weaver Attack 11
Bolts of fire leap from your hands, burning and distracting your enemy to give your allies a chance to move.
Encounter * Arcane, Fire, Implement
Standard Action; Ranged 10
Target: One, two, or three creatures
Attack: Intelligence or Charisma vs. Reflex, 1 attack per target.
Hit: 1d8 + Intelligence or Charisma modifier fire damage, and the target can't make opportunity attacks until the end of your next turn.

Quickening; War Weaver Utility 12
With a simple phrase, you and your allies act more quickly than normal.
Daily * Arcane
Standard Action; Close bust 5
Target: You and one ally, or two allies in burst
21st level: You and a number of allies equal to your Wisdom modifier.
Effect: Until the end of the encounter, targets gain a +1 bonus to AC and Reflex defenses. In addition, each target may make one melee or ranged basic attack as a Free Action.

Fog of War; War Weaver Attack 20
The spell clouds the minds of your enemies who enter it, while bolstering your friends.
Daily * Arcane, Illusion, Implement, Psychic, Zone
Standard Action; Area burst 2 within 10 squares
Target: Each enemy within burst
Attack: Intelligence or Charisma vs. Will
Hit: 3d6 + Intelligence or Charisma modifier psychic damage
Miss: Half-damage
Effect: The burst creates a zone of illusion that lasts until the end of your next turn. Allies within the zone gain concealment and a +1 bonus to attack rolls as long as they remain within the zone. Each enemy that enters the zone or starts it's turn there takes Intelligence or Charisma psychic damage and treats the area as difficult terrain.
Sustain Minor: The zone persists and you can enlarge the zone by burst 1 per round to a maximum of Burst 3.

EDIT: Changed quite a few things with this Paragon Path. Firstly, changed Defensive Weaving to affect more allies and not more times per day. Attempted to clear up the wording of Quiescent Weaving. Reduced cover fire's damage to 1d8 instead of 2d6. Changed the name of the 12th level utility to Quickening (was Haste, but haste is already a spell). Changed the target line, which now effects you and 1 ally or 2 allies. Also increased the number of allies effected at 21st level.

Edited by - Diffan on 10 Jul 2011 14:06:08
Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
498 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2010 :  16:12:13  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was thinking, Diffan: As far as the Runecaster PrC (FRCS/PGtF) is concerned, do you feel the Runepriest class from 4th Edition Player's Handbook II has enough flavor to substitute for, let's say, a Cleric/Runecaster from 3.X edition?

Edited by - Galuf the Dwarf on 09 Sep 2010 17:06:57
Go to Top of Page

Matt James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2010 :  16:46:55  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I really like your work, Diffan!
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2010 :  18:17:33  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I was thinking, Diffan: As far as the Runecaster PrC (FRCS/PGtF) is concerned, do you feel the Runepriest class from 4th Edition Player's Handbook II has enough flavor to substitute for, let's say, a Cleric/Runecaster from 3.X edition?

I think the runepriest pretty much fills any role the Runecaster would've made and it's mechanics work pretty well too. It could go as is.

quote:
Originally posted by Matt James

I really like your work, Diffan!

Thanks and much appreciated!

But to be honest I've not play-tested more than have of these classes so I can't rate if they're over- or under-powered. So If you've found problems, or loop-holes through their features/powers to make the game un-balanced please let me know and I'll work towards making them better.

I should be making another one by the end of the week.
Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
498 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2010 :  00:44:45  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just reviewed Arcane Power and Primal Power. Now sign of Realms-based Paragon Paths or Epic Destinies that I could see, even though the Swordmage Class was first featutered in the FRCG.

Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2010 :  18:30:02  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Just reviewed Arcane Power and Primal Power. Now sign of Realms-based Paragon Paths or Epic Destinies that I could see, even though the Swordmage Class was first featutered in the FRCG.

Yea your not going to find any more printed material involing Paragon Path or Epic Destiny specifically tailored to the Realms. There are some in DDI articles like the Luckbringer of Tymora and Draeven Marauder (anti-Cormyr pirate). Hopefully we'll get more official paragon paths/epic destinies for the Realms (or have my published .
Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
498 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2010 :  05:23:00  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, with how the Hammer of Moradin was converted in Divine Power, who knows what goes from Realms-specific to generic?

Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2010 :  14:45:34  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well, with how the Hammer of Moradin was converted in Divine Power, who knows what goes from Realms-specific to generic?

Well specifially the Hammar of Moradin was generic in nature. Nothing really Realms about that prestige class other than it was published in a FR book. Moradin was a deity in Greyhawk as well and maybe Krynn/Dragon Lance (I can't remember honestly).

I should put up a list on the first page as to what's been covered and what's not.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2010 :  20:32:05  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's a paragon path I made up at work. Inspired by my daughter and her complete love of bubbles, lol. Enjoy!

BUBBLE MAGE
"Three simple steps ~ lather, rinse, repeat."

Prerequisites: Sorcerer or Wizard

As wizards and sorcerers gain power they often incorporate strange materials into their spells and rituals called components. These components are exotic and common alike. And there are some mages who even find household items that can often have extraordinary benefits. One such mage is the Bubble Mage. They are the kind of arcanist that deals with soap in its various forms, from liquids to solids and in between. This type of mage specializes in controlling the battlefield and making his opponents fall to the floor.

BUBBLE MAGE PATH FEATURES

Wet Floor (11th level): When you spend an action point to make an extra action, one creature within 5 squares is knocked prone and squares that target occupied is treated as difficult terrain.
Slippery Tactics (11th levels): You may add your Intelligence modifier to your Acrobatics checks when escaping a grab.
Bubble Wand (11th level): You gain proficiency with wands. When you use a wand to make an attack with an encounter or daily spell, you may slide the target 1 square.
Bubbly Defense (16th level): When you move 3 squares or more on your turn, you gain concealment until the end of your next turn.

BUBBLE MAGE SPELLS

Slip’n Slide; Bubble Mage Attack 11
With a quick dash of water and a bar of soap, you chant arcane words and point the soap at a target or two. Releasing the spell causes the floor at the targets feet to become slick and the force of the magic throws them back along it's slippery track.
Encounter * Arcane, Implement
Standard Action; Range 10
Target: One or two creatures
Attack: Intelligence or Charisma vs. Reflex
Hit: 2d8 + Intelligence or Charisma modifier damage and the target is knocked prone and you can slide the target 2 squares.
Miss: Target is knocked prone and is pushed 2 squares.

Bubble Ward; Bubble Mage Utility 12
A few quick words of protection causes soap to liquify into a hardened bubble that surrounds you, giving you added protection and the ability to float.
Daily * Arcane
Minor Action: Personal
Effect: Until the end of the encounter, you gain Resist 5 All and fly 3 and can hover. While this spell is active, you cannot run, take a double move, or make melee attacks.

Foam Blast; Bubble Mage Attack 20
By scrubbing your hands vigorously with soap you gain a lather and with a shout of power throw the foamy substance towards your foes.
Daily * Arcane, Implement, Zone
Standard Action; Area blast 3
Target: Each creature in blast
Hit: 3d6 + Intelligence or Charisma modifier damage and target is knocked prone.
Miss: Half-damage and the target are knocked prone.
Effect: Each target within the zone is blinded. Each square in the zone is treated as difficult terrain. When a creature starts its turn in the zone or enters the zone, it must make an Acrobatics check (against the Bubble Mage’s Will Defense) or fall prone.
Sustain Minor: The zone persists.

EDIT: Change Foam Blast; now requires an opponent in the zone to make an Acrobatics check vs. the Bubble Mage's Will Defense. Also changed Slip'n'slide so that the mage can slide the targets, not push them but reduced the amount of squares from 5 to 2.

Edited by - Diffan on 12 Jul 2011 19:39:28
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2010 :  18:26:53  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So.....comments on the Bubble Mage? Do you think it's stupid? Funny? Playable?

And when I get home, I'll post the Spellfire Channeler.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2010 :  23:53:43  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is someone's take on a Spellfire Channeler for 4E though I don't know the person's name that created it. It uses the Multiclass mechanic of 4E that gives you Spellfire powers instead of powers associated with your base class.

SPELLFIRE CHANNELER

You have learned to harness your spellfire, but that dabbling has become a dedication as you push the limit of your abilities and hone your spellfire into spectacular art.

Prerequisites: Spellfire Wielder feat.

SPELLFIRE CHANNELER PATH FEATURES
Spellfire Action (11th level): Instead of taking an extra action when you spend an action point, you can regain one spellfire encounter power you have already used.
Raging Spellfire (11th Level): While you are bloodied you gain a +2 bonus to damage with spellfire powers..
Spellfire Flight (16th Level): As a move action, you may expend a healing surge to gain a fly speed of 8, for this move action. You can't use this ability if you have no healing surges left.

SPELLFIRE CHANNELER POWERS

Spellfire Burst; Spellfire Channeler Attack 11
You gather the spellfire within you and sling it across the battlefield where the bolts of blue fire explode.
Encounter * Arcane, Fire, Force, Implement
Standard Action; Area burst 2 within 10 squares
Target: Each creature in burst
Attack: Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma vs. Reflex
Hit: 3d8 + Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma modifier fire and force damage.

Crown of Fire; Spellfire Channeler Utility 12
A halo of blue and white fire circles your head, shielding you from attacks.
Daily * Arcane
Minor Action; Personal
Effect: You gain a +2 power bonus to all defenses and resist 5 all until the end of the encounter.

Maelstrom of Fire; Spellfire Channeler Attack 20
Your mastery of your spellfire allows you to create an explosion of blue and white fire that sears your enemies, but leaves your allies untouched.
Daily * Arcane, Fire, Force, Implement
Standard Action; Close burst 5
Target: Each enemy in burst
Attack: Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma vs Fortitude
Hit: 4d8 + Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma modifier fire and force damage, and ongoing 10 fire and force damage. In addition, the target is pushed a number of squares equal to your Constitution modifier and knocked prone.
Miss: Half-damage and the target is knocked prone.

Spellfire Wielder [Multiclass]
You are one of the fabled spellfire wielders.
Benefit: You can swap one at will attack power you know for the spellfire bolt or spellfire strike power, and you gain a +2 feat bonus to Bluff.

Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2010 :  18:47:00  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
RAINBOW SERVANT

Deep within the jungles lie magically hidden ziggurats where the winged serpents known as couatls teach their secrets to arcane students. In exchange for divine gifts, these students agree to further spread the couatl's agenda of virtue and hope throughout lands far and wide.

Prerequisites: Bard, sorcerer, or wizard; any non-evil alignment

RAINBOW SERVANT PATH FEATURES
Initiate of the Divine (11th level): Eager to gain a measure of divine power, you train at the couatl's temple. Choose either the Divine Fortune or Turn Undead channel divinity power. You can now use that power once per day. This also allows you the ability to select Divinity feats.
Detect the Unsavory (11th level): Through divine powers, you may determine the alignment of a creature as a minor action. If the creature is evil or chaotic evil, you may make a monster knowledge check with a +5 against that creature.
Power of the Couatl (11th level): You can spend and action point to regain one encounter attack power you have already used or spend a healing surge, instead of taking an extra action.
Divine Transference (16th level): You may permanently exchange one of your arcane utility spells of 10th level or lower for a cleric's utility prayer of the same level. At 26th level, you may do so again with a utility power of 16th level or lower.

RAINBOW SERVANT SPELLS

Rainbow Blast; Rainbow Servant Attack 11
With a swift incantation, you bring forth the colorful might of the couatl in a blast of rainbow destruction.
Encounter - Arcane, Implement; Varies
Standard Action; Close blast 4
Target: Each creature in blast
Hit: 2d6 + Intelligence or Charisma modifier damage. Roll a d6 for each target to determine the attack's damage type and effect
1. Red: Fire damage, and the target is dazzled (save ends)
2. Yellow: Radiant damage, and the target blinded (save ends)
3. Green: Poison damage, and the target takes -2 penalty to all defenses (save ends)
4. Blue: Cold damage, and the target takes a -2 penalty to attacks (save ends)
5. Indigo: Psychic damage, and the target makes a melee basic attack against a creature of your choice
6. Violet: Necrotic damage, and the target is weakened (save ends)

Wings of the Couatl; Rainbow Servant Utility 12
A quick thought enables you to sprout multicolored, feathered wings and take to the sky.
At-Will - Arcane
Move Action; Personal
Effect: You fly a number of squares equal to your speed +2. You must land at the end of this movement.

Summon Couatl; Rainbow Servant Attack 20
You request the service of a mighty couatl to help you and your allies in battle.
Daily - Arcane, Implement, Summoning
Minor Action; Ranged 20
Effect: You summon a large couatl in an unoccupied 2-square-by-2square space within range. The couatl has a reach of 2 and a speed of fly 8 (hover). It has a +4 bonus to AC and +4 bonus to Reflex. You can give the couatl the following commands.

• Standard Action: Close blast 3; targets each enemy in blast; Intelligence vs. Reflex; 2d4 + Intelligence modifier damage, and the target is immobilized (save ends).

• Opportunity Attack: Melee 1; targets one creature; Intelligence vs. Reflex; 2d6 + Intelligence modifier damage, and the target is knocked prone. The couatl can make this opportunity attack against a creature that attacks you or attacks a creature you summoned.

• Minor Action (1/encounter): You and every ally within a burst 5 centered on you or the couatl may spend a healing surge.

• Edited by - Diffan on 09 Dec 2010 18:50:30
    Go to Top of Page

Diffan
    Great Reader

USA
    4429 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2010 :  19:04:15  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
    ABJURANT CHAMPION

Abjurant champions are swordmages who revel in melee, yet use their aegis and abjurer abilities to protect their allies and themselves in battle. Using their talents to both augment personal defenses and hinder enemy spellcasters, abjurant champions are something to be feared by mages and warriors alike.

Prerequisites: Swordmage; Intelligent Blademaster feat

ABJURANT CHAMPION PATH FEATURES
    Abjurant Armor (11th level): When you use your aegis power as an immediate reaction, you or one ally adjacent to you receives a +2 bonus to AC until the beginning of your next turn.
    Martial Arcanist (11th level): You may add your Strength modifier to damage rolls when making a Melee basic attack.
    Arcane Boost (16th level): You gain the ability to burn arcane energy to empower your martial abilities. As a minor action, you can spend an encounter attack or utility power of a specific tier to grant yourself one of the following bonuses - (Heroic: +1, Paragon: +2, Epic: +3). This bonus lasts until the end of your next turn.
    • Bonus on attack rolls
    • Bonus on damage rolls
    • Bonus to AC
    • Bonus to your Fortitude, Reflex, and Will defenses
    • Gain resist all (Heroic 5, Paragon 10, Epic 15)

ABJURANT CHAMPION SPELLS

Tenacious Dispelling; Abjurant Champion Attack 11
    Encounter - Arcane, Weapon
    Standard Action; Melee
    Attack: Intelligence vs. AC
    Hit: 2(W) + Intelligence modifier damage, and any bonuses the target has to attack rolls, AC, or defenses are supporessed until the end of your next turn. If no bonuses are present, the target instead receives a -2 penalty to attack rolls, AC, or defenses (your choice) until the end of your next turn.

Counterspell; Abjurant Champion Utility 12
    Daily -Arcane
    Immediate Interrupt; Ranged 10
    Trigger: An enemy uses an area, blast, or ranged power that targets you or any of your allies within range.
    Target: You or one ally within range.
    Effect: Treat the power as if it were an automatic miss (incuring all the benefits and penalties of a miss).

Arcane Turmoil; Abjurant Champion Attack 20
    You call out a harsh arcane spell which dazzles and confuses your foe.
    Daily - Arcane, Implement, Psychic
    Standard Action; Ranged 10
    Attack: Intelligence vs. Will
    Hit: 3d8 + Intelligence modifier psychic damage. In addition, the target loses one randomly determined encounter or recharge power. This is determined by a random die roll. This effect treats any power lost this way as if it were used.
    Miss: Half-damage and the target cannot use one randomly determined encounter or recharge power until the beginning of your next turn. This is determined by a random die roll.

EDIT: A few changes here; took out the specific aegis requirement, added in the Intelligent Blademaster feat requirement. Abjurant Armor can now be used on yourself when you use any Aegis, not just shielding. Martial Arcanist now only applies to Melee Basic Attacks (less useful to Shielding Aegis users, but not too horrible). Arcane Boost now scales +1, +2, +3 instead of 2/4/6 as that was WAAAY to powerful. The powers look good for now.

Edited by - Diffan on 15 Jul 2011 12:13:14
    Go to Top of Page
    Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
    Previous Page | Next Page
     New Topic  New Poll New Poll
     Reply to Topic
     Printer Friendly
    Jump To:
    Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
    Snitz Forums 2000