Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 FR homebrew Paragon Path and Epic Destiny
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2010 :  11:54:33  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's another. Originally found in Eberron, I think it's pretty versatile to have it apply to pretty much any campaign setting.

BONE KNIGHT
"Your bones shall become part of my armor and weapon soon"

Prerequisites: Paladin

The Bone Knights of Karrnath are fearsome Paladins that have taken to the fascination with undeath and corpse-motifs.

Bone Knights in Faerun are fearsome holy warriors dedicated to Velsharoon or serve as protectors to powerful liches such as Zsass Tam.

BONE KNIGHT PATH FEATURES
Bonecrafted Armor and Weapons (11th Level): You gain the Enchant Magic Item ritual. If you use the Ritual to create "Bone Armor" and "Bone Weapon" the ritual only costs you 50% of the residuum cost.
Skeletal Steed (11th Level): You gain the Phantom Steed ritual. Instead of Arcana you use Religion as key-skill for the ritual and the steeds summoned are of bone.
Ghastly Action (11th Level): If you use an action point to gain a standard action, any powers you use with the necrotic keyword deal an additional 1d10 damage until the end of your next turn
Exoskeleton of Undeath (16th Level): Your Bone Armor begins to fuse with your body - you can no longer remove the armor. You can use the Enchant Magical Item ritual to increase the bonus of your armor, but no longer are able to put off the armor. You gain resist 10 +1/2 your level to poison, a +5 bonus to resist diseases and +2 save bonus against immobilization and slow effects.

BONE KNIGHT PRAYERS

March of the Spectral Legion; Bone Knight Attack 11
You summon forth the spirits of all the victims from which you carved your armor and weapons, letting them overwhelm your enemy.
Encounter - Divine, Fear, Implement, Fear
Standard Action; Close blast 3
Target: Each creature in blast
Attack: Charisma vs. Will
Hit: 4d8 + Charisma modifier necrotic damage and the target is pushed 3 squares.
Effect: Creatures take a -2 penalty to their Will defense until the end of your next turn.

Call to the Grave; Bone Knight Utility 12
You call the bones of those long dead - and they respond, rising out of the earth to protect you.
Daily - Divine, Conjuration, Necrotic, Zone
Standard Action; Personal
Special: You must spend a healing surge when you activate this power.
Effect: You create an arua 1 around you. This aura represents undead that rise from the ground. You gain temporary hit points equal to your healing surge value and once this amount of temporary hit points is used up, the aura dissipates. Every enemy that starts it's turn in the aura takes 1d6 + Charisma modifier necrotic damage. You can move the point of origin of the aura, this costs 3 temporary hit points per square of the aura moved. Every round the aura is not centered on you, you lose 3 temporary hit points.
Sustain Minor: The aura persists. You may spend a healing surge to gain 10 temporary hit points.

Death Strike; Bone Knight Attack 20
Daily - Divine, Necrotic, Weapon
Standard Action; Melee weapon
Requirement: You must be wielding a Bone weapon to make use of this attack.
Special: You must spend a healing surge to make use of this power.
Target: Varies
Effect: You may use any melee-ranged encounter power you know with the weapon keyword. You automatically deal maximum damage with this power +1d6 damage with a successful hit. This does not count as a critial hit. The damage done with this power is also considered necrotic.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2010 :  20:18:21  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not one of my originals, some one else posted over at the Wizards boards. Here ya go.

WARSLING SNIPER
Prerequisite: Rogue, proficient with the halfling warsling

WARSLING SNIPER FEATURES
Warsling Expertise (11th level): When you spend an action point to take an extra action, choose an enemy within 10 squares of you. You have combat advantage against that enemy until the end of your next turn.
Skiprock Precision (11th level): You score critical hits with slings on a roll of 19-20.
Sniper's Vision (16th level): Ranged attacks you make with a sling ignore cover and concealment, but not total concealment.

WARSLING SNIPER EXPLOITS

Skiprock Ricochet; Warsling Sniper Attack 11
Encounter - Martial, Weapon
Immediate Reaction; Ranged Weapon
Requirement: You must be wielding a halfling warsling
Trigger: You hit a creature with a ranged attack
Target: The creature that was hit
Attack: Dexterity vs. AC
Hit: 1(W) + Dexterity modifier damage
Effect: You have combat advantage against the creature that was hit until the end of your turn.

Sniper's Focus; Warsling Sniper Utility 12
Daily - Martial
Immediate Reaction; Personal
Trigger: You miss a creature with a ranged attack.
Effect: You have combat advantage against the creature you missed until the end of the encounter. You gain a bonus to Sneak Attack damage against that creature equal to your Dexterity modifier.

Warsling Mastery; Warsling Sniper Attack 20
Daily - Martial, Weapon
Standard Action; Ranged weapon
Requirement: You must be wielding a halfling warsling
Targets: One or more creatures
Attack: Dexterity vs. AC. Make additional attacks until you miss. As soon as an attack misses, this attack ends. You cannot target the same creature with additional attacks.
Hit: 2(W) + Dexterity modifier damage per attack.

Weapon         Prof.  Damage  Range  Price  Weight Group  Properties
Halfling Warsling   +3      1d6     10/20   25 gp   1 lb.  Sling    Load free, small

Edited by - Diffan on 22 Dec 2010 05:01:22
Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
489 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2010 :  03:29:49  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, the Halfling War Sniper! Looks good.

Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Galuf's Baldur's Gate NPC stats: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8823
Galuf's 3.5 Ed. Cleric Domains: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14036
Galuf's Homebrew 4th Edition Races: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13787
Galuf's Homebrew Specialty Priest PrCs: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14353
Galuf's Forgotten Realms Heralds and Allies thread: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8766
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2010 :  05:07:42  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm looking to convert the Nightcloak and possibly the Forest Master and Windwalker, all from F&P.

The nightcloak shouldn't be too hard, but I'll have more trouble with the latter two.

One thing I've come to realize that when converting these PrCs into Paragon Paths/Epic Destinies is that it branches out to so many classes that it's hard to focus in on one class.

Take the Forest Master for example. Do I make it any Primal class or just for the Druid alone? Wouldn't a Warden make a fine Forest Master? Just some hiccups that I find with these sorts of conversions.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2010 :  05:28:36  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heres a quick one from my files. Though not specifically FR-related, still a great PrC from Complete Adventurer

TEMPEST

Prerequisite: Fighter with tempest technique or Ranger with two-blade fighting style.

You are the point of calm within a whirling barrier of deadly blades. Your prowess with your two weapons is described by some as "dancing" but to you, it's not about impressing anyone. It's about the destruction of your foes.

TEMPEST PATH FEATURES
Two-Weapon Versatility (11th level): As long as you are armed with two melee weapons, any feat that applies to a specific weapon group can be used with any weapon you currently wield. You must wield at least one weapon with with the feat can apply to.
Tempest Defense (11th level): When you spend an action point to take an extra action, you gain a bonus to your armor class and Reflex defense equal to your Dexterity modifier +1 until the end of your next turn.
Two-Weapon Supremacy (16th level): As long as you are armed with two melee weapons, you gain a +1 bonus to your melee and burst attacks. In addition, when you successfully make two melee attacks in a round, you may knock prone one of the targets hit.

TEMPEST EXPLOITS

Two-Weapon Spring Attack; Tempest Attack 11
You bring both weapons to bear and dance into battle, making two vicious attacks.
Encounter * Martial, Weapon
Standard Action; Melee weapon
Requirement: You must be wielding two melee weapons.
Special: You may shift your speed before or after you attack.
Target: One creature
Attack: Strength vs. AC, (main hand and off-hand), two attacks
Hit: 1(W) + Strength modifier damage per attack, and you gain concealment against the target unitl the end of your next turn.

Tempest's Reflexes; Tempest Utility 12
Your quick movements negate harmful effects.
Daily * Martial
Immediate Interrupt; Personal
Trigger: You are hit with an attack that requires a saving throw.
Effect: Make a saving throw and add your Dexterity modifier +1 as a bonus to your roll.

Bounding Assault; Tempest Attack 20
You leap about the battlefield, attacking enemies as you streak by them.
Daily * Martial, Weapon
Requirement: You must be wielding two melee weapons
Primary Attack: Strength vs. AC, (main hand and off-hand), two attacks
Hit: 2(W) + Strength modifier damage per attack, and the target is blinded and weakened (save ends both).
Miss: Half-damage and the target is weakened until the end of your next turn.
Effect: You may shift 3 squares and then make a secondary attack.
Secondary Target: One creature (other than the primary target)
Secondary Attack: Strength vs. AC, (main hand and off-hand), two attacks
Hit: 1(W) + Strength modifier damage, and the target is knocked prone and immobilized until the end of your next turn.
Effect: You can shift 2 squares and make a tertiary attack.
Tertiary Target: One creature (other than the primary or secondary target)
Tertiary Attack: Strength vs. AC, (main hand and off-hand), two attacks
Hit: Strength modifier damage per attack and the target is knocked prone.

EDIT: Bunch of changes with this one. For starters, changed all three Class Features as they were all too powerful. The wording on Two-Weapon Versatility is cleared up, and added the requirement of using the weapon with which your using the feat for. Two-Weapon Defense now only works with your Dex-mod +1 instead of Dex or Str. Two-Weapon Supremacy was horribly overpowerd, giving you a class feature which is actually an Epic-level feat. So I changed it to a solid +1 bonut to attacks (equal to a feat) and the ability to automatically knock people prone with two successful attacks. This applies to both the Ranger (twin-strike) and Fighter (dual-strike).

Also changed up the powers too. Tempest Reflexes now just adds your Dex-mod +1 to your AC and Reflex. Bounding Assault received bonus errata, as I added the (main-hand, off-hand) words, showing that it has too be with both weapons, not 1 weapons twice.

Edited by - Diffan on 14 Jul 2011 04:27:44
Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
489 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2010 :  15:17:41  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diffan

I'm looking to convert the Nightcloak and possibly the Forest Master and Windwalker, all from F&P.

The nightcloak shouldn't be too hard, but I'll have more trouble with the latter two.

One thing I've come to realize that when converting these PrCs into Paragon Paths/Epic Destinies is that it branches out to so many classes that it's hard to focus in on one class.

Take the Forest Master for example. Do I make it any Primal class or just for the Druid alone? Wouldn't a Warden make a fine Forest Master? Just some hiccups that I find with these sorts of conversions.

I'd say make it any divine or primal trained in Nature and worshipping Silvanus, or something along that line.

Galuf's Baldur's Gate NPC stats: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8823
Galuf's 3.5 Ed. Cleric Domains: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14036
Galuf's Homebrew 4th Edition Races: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13787
Galuf's Homebrew Specialty Priest PrCs: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14353
Galuf's Forgotten Realms Heralds and Allies thread: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8766

Edited by - Galuf the Dwarf on 22 Dec 2010 15:18:33
Go to Top of Page

Matt James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2010 :  15:24:41  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Divine Blast looks unbelievably overpowered. A Close Blast 5 that also dazes is immensely powerful. I haven't had the chance to look through everything else yet ;)
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2010 :  15:33:34  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matt James

Divine Blast looks unbelievably overpowered. A Close Blast 5 that also dazes is immensely powerful. I haven't had the chance to look through everything else yet ;)

Thanks Matt! I changed the blast to 3, scaled the damage down to 2d8, and made the effect dazed until the end of the target's next turn. Less damage, and shorter duration, and lesser area. Should be more on-par with powers at those levels.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2011 :  03:37:56  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I've been going over a lot of this thread and realizing that the Paragon Paths I've converted are broken in many ways or don't work well with the newer products. So i'm going to do a over-haul of the thread Paragon Path by Paragon Path. Those interested in helping me make balanced corrections and ideas if certain things don't work well, your more than welcome to offer constructive criticism.

Go to Top of Page

Aryalómë
Senior Scribe

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2011 :  20:33:04  Show Profile Send Aryalómë a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Could you make one for the Eladrin (considering they are a seperate race from Star, Moon, and Sun Elves) who never left Faerie? Preferably with arcane abilities for a sorcerer. Or a Star Elf Epic Destiny or Paragon path would be amazing, just like they have the Evermeet Warlock and the Evereskan something.....can't quite remember.

Edited by - Aryalómë on 13 Jul 2011 14:44:27
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2011 :  21:22:06  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erendriel Durothil

Could you make one for the Eladrin (considering they are a seperate race from Star, Moon, and Sun Elves) who never left Faerie? Preferably with arcane abilities for a sorcerer. Or a Star Elf Epic Destiny or Paragon path would be amazing, just like they have the Evermeet Warlock and the Evereskan something.....can't quite remember.

Actually Moon, Star, and Sun elves are Eladrin while Dark*, Wild and Wood are considered Elves using 4E teminology. I'll see what I can do in terms of making a Sorcerer Paragon Path, but there isn't a definitive "Star Elf" feat like there are for Sun and Moon elves. Let me brain-storm and I'll get back to ya.

*Dark elves are in reference to those which were blessed by Elistraee and Lloth's curse removed, thus making them Dark elves (as of the hue of skin, not in their alignment).
Go to Top of Page

Aryalómë
Senior Scribe

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2011 :  04:15:42  Show Profile Send Aryalómë a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was more harkening back to when they were a seperate race. I was thinking like a Defender of Sildeyuir type of thing for the Star Elf. And since they are very good sorcerers and bards, there could be some work made into that.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2020 :  18:46:38  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looking back on these as I start up running 4e again, I see that these need some work. Anyone who's into 4e that would like to see some Realms-specific stuff, feel free to ask.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2022 :  17:01:25  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I found a program that allows me to make a lot of these Paragon Path powers and stuff look offiical, same with monsters too. So if you're still playing 4th Edition (or want to get into 4E but haven't found things that you liked from 3.5) and want some conversion of Prestige Classes into Paragon Paths or help making something....please let me know!!!

PS: Thanks again to Wooly for helping me find this thread again, it's been a while since I visited it and I've been having a blast re-imaging a lot of this material.
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2442 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2022 :  18:11:27  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I was planning to mske w few paragon paths based on Tymanther, for my campaign. I can use your help.

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2022 :  19:03:42  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X

Well, I was planning to mske w few paragon paths based on Tymanther, for my campaign. I can use your help.

Absolutely!!
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2442 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2022 :  04:59:56  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks. I'm planning to create 4 parangon path specific to Tymanther, each for martial, arcane, divine and primal classes. Meaning, these PP should be useful to all classes within those categories.

The first one is the Lance Scout, elite members of the Lance Defenders army. The second is the Lance Warmage, that is an elite member of the arcane classes. The divine one should be for members of the Platinum Cadre, but I haven't thought a name yet. Platinum Wanderer, perhaps? The primal one is a but heretic, dragonborn who call of dragon spirits to augment their abilities. No name yet, but perhaps Dragon Totem Rager or something like m

Also, I'm not sure if I should restrict these paragon paths to dragonborn only. I could use any help on how making them mechanically balanced. Thanks in advance.

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...

Edited by - Zeromaru X on 27 Jul 2022 05:03:19
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2022 :  18:41:33  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thanks. I'm planning to create 4 parangon path specific to Tymanther, each for martial, arcane, divine and primal classes. Meaning, these PP should be useful to all classes within those categories.

Not that difficult, though there should be a general idea of what their focus is. Since every power-source has classes in each role (Controller, Defender, Leader, and Striker) it has be be worth it to grab where another PrP from their base class focuses on their role more.

So in this regard, we'll have to look at Racial paragon paths like the Bralani Wintersoul and Shiere Knight for Eladrins or the Adroit Explorer for humans. Tying it to a location is fine, but to make it have some purpose, we need to base it on something mechanically tangible.

quote:

The first one is the Lance Scout, elite members of the Lance Defenders army. The second is the Lance Warmage, that is an elite member of the arcane classes. The divine one should be for members of the Platinum Cadre, but I haven't thought a name yet. Platinum Wanderer, perhaps? The primal one is a but heretic, dragonborn who call of dragon spirits to augment their abilities. No name yet, but perhaps Dragon Totem Rager or something like that.

So what is a "lancer"? A Lance Scout sounds Martial in nature, so probably something helping with mobility and surveying terrain and battlefields? Also, you can mix in certain elements of different roles to be more broad. Maybe the Encounter is a good ranged attack that can use Str or Dex vs AC and do a bit more damage, maybe the utility helps with the landscape? Stuff like that.

quote:

Also, I'm not sure if I should restrict these paragon paths to dragonborn only. I could use any help on how making them mechanically balanced. Thanks in advance.

So by making them Dragonborn only, you do have a basis from which to start making powers that are appropriate to the concept. We can then look at the Dragonborn specific PrPs (like the Mithral Arm) and see how it goes about amping up Dragonborn specifically. You could also require they have the specific power source too, so Prerequisite Any arcane class, dragonborn and then a Dragonborn Bard, Swordmage, or Warlock could grab this. Question is: what do you want the particulars to do and how will it work despite the different focuses of each class?

I'd also suggest that you broaden the power's abilities. So instead of it being specifically Intelligence based, it would instead be - for example -
Attack: Intelligence vs. Reflex, Wisdom vs. Reflex, or Charisma vs. Reflex
Hit: 2d8 + Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma modifier insert damage type here

OR as many aspects late into 4E came out, just say:

Attack: Highest ability modifier vs. Reflex
Hit: 2d8 + Highest ability modifier insert damage type here

That way a Dragonborn Swordmage that uses Strength (assaulting swordmages for example) can benefit from it but so too can a Bard or Wizard.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000