Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 new banner
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

swifty
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
517 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2009 :  22:22:25  Show Profile  Visit swifty's Homepage Send swifty a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
its nice.did alaundo do this.is he back updating.

go back to sleep america.everything is under control.heres american gladiators.watch this.shuttup. BILL HICKS.

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2009 :  22:31:50  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Really, very nice. It gives a new face to the Keep!

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2009 :  00:56:09  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The new banner was crafted by scribe Nefarious, and was one of several alternate designs offered as part of the "New Candlekeep Logo" saga. See the Site Content shelf for more details.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Herkles
Seeker

82 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2009 :  02:34:39  Show Profile  Visit Herkles's Homepage Send Herkles a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I liked the old one, But this one is also very nice too. Good job Nefarious
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2009 :  04:11:26  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like it. nice update to the site
Go to Top of Page

Ghost King
Learned Scribe

USA
253 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2009 :  12:52:26  Show Profile  Visit Ghost King's Homepage Send Ghost King a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just noticed the change as well. A very impressive bit of artwork! Nice work, Nefarious!
Go to Top of Page

Moonlight
Acolyte

25 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2009 :  14:50:10  Show Profile  Visit Moonlight's Homepage Send Moonlight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's really nice. What font is that?

Sehanine is dreaming...
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2009 :  16:18:50  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I find it a bit jarring, especially since the tan of the CK logo no longer matches any of the tans used on the forums.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2009 :  16:55:53  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As I recall from previous discussions with Big Al about Candlekeep 2, there will be some effort to ensure the colour schemes for both banner and forum, match.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Auzoros
Seeker

Australia
97 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2009 :  17:31:40  Show Profile Send Auzoros a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice. I like the font too. Thanks Nefarious!
Go to Top of Page

Nefarious
Acolyte

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2009 :  19:14:45  Show Profile  Visit Nefarious's Homepage Send Nefarious a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all of your comments.
Go to Top of Page

Lady Fellshot
Senior Scribe

USA
379 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2009 :  07:44:45  Show Profile  Visit Lady Fellshot's Homepage Send Lady Fellshot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
'Tis pretty :)
Go to Top of Page

Daviot
Senior Scribe

USA
372 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2009 :  07:58:12  Show Profile  Visit Daviot's Homepage Send Daviot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll just stroll by the 'keep, see if there's anything interesting to poke my quill—
Agh! Banner!
Well, it certainly caught my attention. Most classy, fine sir. More infamy to you, Nefarious.

One usually has far more to fear from the soft-spoken wizard with a blade and well-worn boots than from the boisterous one in the ivory tower.
My Tabletop Writing CV.
Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2009 :  05:36:02  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Love it. Hopefully the first of some new changes. Been pretty standard for a while.

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm
Go to Top of Page

Nightseer
Acolyte

45 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2009 :  10:08:01  Show Profile Send Nightseer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sweet! Looks great.

Shar!
Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2009 :  14:09:57  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
pretty good
Go to Top of Page

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
581 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2009 :  22:10:42  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's a good change ..

BARDOBARBAROS DOES NOT KILL.
HE DECAPITATES!!!

"The city changes, but the fools within it remain always the same" (Edwin Odesseiron- Baldur's gate 2)
Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1072 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2009 :  13:37:49  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I liked the old one, the new is not that great : )

Victor Ograygor The Assassin and Candel keeps cellar master

Everything I need to know about life I learned from killing smart people.

Links related to Forgotten Realms
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9571

Adventuring / Mercenary Companies / Orders / The chosen from official sources
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11047

Priests in Forgotten Realms.
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9609&whichpage=1
Go to Top of Page

Dark Wizard
Senior Scribe

USA
830 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2009 :  02:40:34  Show Profile Send Dark Wizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The old one was good, but I do like the new one. That candle flame D is just fun, I love it. It's a nice, strong symbol. A revamped site to fit the colors of the new logo would go a long way in making everything look coherent.
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2009 :  19:49:44  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I do not like the new (4.0?) banner at all, the old banner is just one more thing I will miss along with the rest of my dearly departed realms.....I guess that is my reward for being to busy to visit for a month or two.

P.S> just to clarify, I do regoginze the effort put into it, and do not besmirch the craftmanship that went into it, it is just not my style, (high fantasy flowing script, where this is blocky sharp edged techno fantasy)

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2009 :  22:42:26  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
First time I saw it, it reminded me of Elder Scrolls: Arena ... oh those memories!

Cave quid dicis, quando et cui!

Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel!

In memory of Alura Durshavin.

Visit my "Homepage" to find A Guide to the Drow NPCs of Faerûn, Drow and non-Drow PrC and much more.
Go to Top of Page

Marquant Volker
Learned Scribe

Greece
273 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2009 :  14:09:17  Show Profile Send Marquant Volker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its nice indeed!
Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2009 :  21:19:45  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I really prefer the new banner, maybe a bit bigger, and the scroll edges not so perfect, but the letters are gorgeus
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000