Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Cormyr and Halruaan
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Botef
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2009 :  17:17:14  Show Profile  Visit Botef's Homepage Send Botef a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Greetings Sages!

I am in the midst of writing an adventure for a MUD set in the Forgotten Realms. Currently in this incarnation Cormyr is in the midst of a war with a yuan-ti settlement on the Chultean Pennisula.

My question is in regards to the relationship between Halruaan & Cormyr. Is there any relationship to speak of? I'm mainly curious if there are any past conflicts or disputes that would put these two groups at odds with another or if their relationship is friendly enough that they would not engage one another in battle.

Thanks Sages!

edit: oops it appears I should have posted this in another thread, my apologies!

Botef

Mod Edit: Found this scroll floating in the ether.

Edited by - The Sage on 23 Jul 2009 17:36:41

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2009 :  19:13:05  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
well, if this is 4e, Halruuaa is gone with the wind literally.
if this is 4e homebrew or 3.x or whatever, I'd imagine they'd be neutral toward each other.

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2009 :  20:54:21  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think there has been much contact between Halruaa and Cormyr. Halruaa is kinda isolated and tends towards staying that way, and the distance from there to Cormyr is very great.

The two nations know of each other, but that's prolly about it.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

bladeinAmn
Learned Scribe

199 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2009 :  06:16:34  Show Profile  Visit bladeinAmn's Homepage Send bladeinAmn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Shining South (2e book, 9388) says that while Halruaa likes their privacy, they also like to trade w/other nations, regarding the finer things in life.

Given that Cormyr is one of the more prosperous nations, I'm sure you'd be able to find a way to incorporate Halruaa into your adventure.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000