Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 A new part of world...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Zimeros
Learned Scribe

Brazil
121 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2003 :  21:51:13  Show Profile  Visit Zimeros's Homepage Send Zimeros a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Of course that you know every lands of Toril, I want to explore that "unknow land" that is in south of maztica and in west of Zakhara, but not exist maps of this part of world, because this is a unknow land. I imagine that we may create this part of Toril with our ideas, only to play, not to sell. I will create this maps and the history of this continent, and I hope that you, menbers of this forum ,help me, with your ideas to a new tropical land...

"Gods protect children and drunks"

Edited by - Zimeros on 07 Aug 2003 20:23:25

Krandor
Seeker

Canada
58 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2003 :  22:21:02  Show Profile  Visit Krandor's Homepage Send Krandor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll help ye out.

"Good judgement comes from bad experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." - Krandor, Master Smith
Go to Top of Page

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2003 :  06:11:46  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is an excellent Idea and I have thought of doing that myself!

Good job!

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2003 :  06:54:32  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is a fantastic idea.

Since you mentioned a 'tropical' land, maybe I can 'borrow' a few ideas from my modified Chultan realm for FR.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

AulayanDuerf
Acolyte

23 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2003 :  07:40:14  Show Profile  Visit AulayanDuerf's Homepage Send AulayanDuerf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know some people on the Realms mailing-list has used Nyambe: African Adventures either wholly, or as a resource to create that specific land.

Go to Top of Page

Zimeros
Learned Scribe

Brazil
121 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2003 :  21:35:55  Show Profile  Visit Zimeros's Homepage Send Zimeros a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, it's very good! with your help, this work will be very easy. I want to create, a african and south american lands, in toril, but not exactly south america actual, south america in the pleistocenic age, with greats animals... And Native tribes too, Incas, Chimus, Guaranis, and others, to fight with for the control of new lands. If you have a great idea to this new land send me a e-mail, zimeros@hotmail.com.

"Gods protect children and drunks"

Edited by - Zimeros on 07 Aug 2003 20:24:45
Go to Top of Page

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2003 :  00:05:52  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AulayanDuerf

I know some people on the Realms mailing-list has used Nyambe: African Adventures either wholly, or as a resource to create that specific land.

Nyambe is a GREAT campaign world!

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...
Go to Top of Page

Zimeros
Learned Scribe

Brazil
121 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2003 :  18:26:21  Show Profile  Visit Zimeros's Homepage Send Zimeros a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, I see, Nyambe really is a great world, but I not want african cultures only, I want specially South American Cultures like the Incas, Tupis, Marajoarans, and a lot of native tribes... ...Of course that the african culture would exist, but in some islands, the great continent would be how the south american in pleistocenic ages... But it would be diferent of maztica, I would create a new history.

Edited by - Zimeros on 07 Aug 2003 20:26:53
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2003 :  07:12:51  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have some notes and expanded material on the Tupi tribes that I was going to use in my Chultan campaign some years ago now, but instead it become a tribal-setting for the Outlands in my Planescape campaign. With a little work I could make it conform once again to the Prime Material Plane.

Are you interested?.

Go to Top of Page

Mythander
Learned Scribe

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2003 :  16:56:48  Show Profile  Visit Mythander's Homepage Send Mythander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very interesting. I will be around for input when needed.

Wow! That has no saving throw written all over it.
Go to Top of Page

Zimeros
Learned Scribe

Brazil
121 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2003 :  17:53:02  Show Profile  Visit Zimeros's Homepage Send Zimeros a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, Sage of Perth, I'm interested, please, send me for e-mail...
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2003 :  06:20:25  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay then. I started modifying some of the material last night. I'll try and finish it today, and then send it out to you.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2003 :  10:23:39  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm. I suppose this is a good idea. Or at least an interesting project. I've some old-age material around someplace, which might prove useful. Stone/Bronze Age stuff.

One of my stories, which is more sci fi than fantasy (too much to go into here, though) involves a culture of people much like the Inca, but with several changes. That is, I started out with a "template" if you will of the basic Inca culture, then moved on from there. Most recently, I started working on a religious mythos for them.

Unfortunately, I don't think it would mesh well with Toril and D&D. For instance, the history of these people, and their world, are quite specific to this story. The religion is also a bit off, as it works on a nature-focus.

I suppose that I can provide some little elements here and there, should I find any. I'll just hang around for a while, and when I think of something I'll say it.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Zimeros
Learned Scribe

Brazil
121 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2003 :  20:43:43  Show Profile  Visit Zimeros's Homepage Send Zimeros a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Sage of Perth, for your help, if some day you to need of my help, I will help you. Bookwyrm I want to create a south american scenario compatible with the realms, because I like FR, and don't want to lost my "old" characthers, I want to play in this new scenario with that "old" characters, of my last campaingn in the realms...

Edited by - Zimeros on 07 Aug 2003 20:45:27
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000