Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Curse of the Azure Bonds in 3.5
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wintermute27
Learned Scribe

USA
179 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2009 :  06:46:52  Show Profile  Visit wintermute27's Homepage Send wintermute27 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've always liked the concept behind the adventure pack "Curse of the Azure Bonds". I was thinking of marking one or more of my PCs in this way and using some of the ideas presented in the original module. Unfortunately my game is in Thesk and it's 1380, The Year of the Blazing Hand. In an effort to update the markings, I've put together a set of villains from the region and previous plot lines to make up a "New Alliance of the Bonds".

I really want to include The Red Wizards of Thay in this, but I'm having a hard time coming up with what they would do with this opportunity. The PC group is currently operating out of Telflamm and hasn't had much interaction with the Red Wizards in the game. I guess my main problem is that whenever I think of the Red Wizards all I can picture is an evil Wal-mart (Think about it, it fits all too well. And you can make the obligatory Thay-Co. joke while you're at it).

Does anyone have any suggestions about what sort of things they could be after?

-Wintermute

Tyr
Learned Scribe

225 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2009 :  08:47:28  Show Profile  Visit Tyr's Homepage Send Tyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well if memory serves, one of them could be using the power of the bonds to manipulate the PCs into taking out a rival, either another red wizard or someone more benign.
Go to Top of Page

wintermute27
Learned Scribe

USA
179 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2009 :  01:04:21  Show Profile  Visit wintermute27's Homepage Send wintermute27 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, that should work out nicely.

-Wintermute

My Current Campaign: The Adventures of the Stonelanders
Go to Top of Page

Sousinne
Acolyte

11 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2009 :  18:17:41  Show Profile  Visit Sousinne's Homepage Send Sousinne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If that's your view, isn't the perfect idea to make the plot about a traditionalist red wizard who absolutely despises Samas Kul and his enclaves. Such a villain would of course use the bonded ones to try to destroy the ministry of foreign trade (or what it's called). Ways to do this would be to detonate one of the enclaves and getting out unseen, to make others think seriously about whether the risk is worth the gain, or to discredit the enclaves in the eyes of the zulkirs by, for example, having one of them declare independence from Thay. A simple assassination of the wizard in charge could make for a prepared replacement, already (through circuitous routes) determined to secede.
Go to Top of Page

wintermute27
Learned Scribe

USA
179 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2009 :  21:01:55  Show Profile  Visit wintermute27's Homepage Send wintermute27 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's not bad, unfortunately, that sounds a little too "good deed"-y for what I have in mind. The players in my group have made some nice enemies of the Church of Shar, and in the way I've re-written the bonds game, the current Alliance of the Bonds has been put together through careful manipulation of various wizards and organizations by the head of the local Sharran cell in Telflamm. I thought that Shar would be interested in getting revenge against the party for thwarting some of her recent plans in that area, but she doesn't strike me as a "kill them and be done with it" kind of gal. So she's gonna use the bonds to turn them to evil acts and then, as they agonize over the evil that they have unwillingly brought about, she'll kill them. Or at least, that's her plan...

My Current Campaign: The Adventures of the Stonelanders
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000