Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 FR novel/sourcebook reading question...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

D-brane
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
140 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2009 :  01:18:38  Show Profile  Visit D-brane's Homepage Send D-brane a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I was thinking about this earlier. I'm still working my way through a fairly large pile of 2e FR sourcebooks and other RPG materials that I've purchased off E-Bay recently. Along with a number of FR novels I picked up as well. But I'm not sure which group to tackle first.

So then I thought about reading both a sourcebook and a novel at the same time. I usually only like to read one book per reading session but in this case, and with so many books/sourcebooks to work through, I thought this would be a more effective strategy.

But I'm also curious about how others handle this. Do you each read one novel and sourcebook at a time? Or do you drop sourcebooks into your regular reading cycle, so that when you're done with a particular novel, you might move on to a sourcebook next? What about gaming magazines - - like Dragon or Star Wars Insider for example? How do they fit into your reading rotational cycle?

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."

Edited by - D-brane on 02 Jun 2009 01:19:10

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2009 :  01:24:06  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I read novels for most of my regular reading. I read sourcebooks in my reading room (known by others as a bathroom), and at odd moments here and there.

Other than Kobold Quarterly, I don't read magazines any more. When I did, they fit into the same spot as sourcebooks. KQ I just read as pdfs, so my reading habits on that are most erratic.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2009 :  10:14:58  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I usually read three or four books at a time, but usually from different genres. encyclopaedia in the bathroom, some sort of fantasy or sci-fi novel, a gaming sourcebook (usually in bed), and some book of more serious literature. In addition there is comic books, poetry and some sort of non-fiction in between.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000