Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Farewell
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pendangorth
Acolyte

36 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2003 :  20:49:25  Show Profile  Visit Pendangorth's Homepage Send Pendangorth a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Even though I like RPGs etc. in general, I have come to the conclusion, that, after a bit more research into D&D and the like, it contains alot of material that I disapprove of. So I will delve no deeper into its realmslore and bid Candlekeep farewell.

I play a vintage Wheatstone English Treble Concertina with pride and prowess.

Salabasha
Learned Scribe

Portugal
216 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2003 :  21:05:06  Show Profile  Visit Salabasha's Homepage Send Salabasha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear that you'll be leaving the keep. Dare I ask what you found to your disliking?

Life is like a box of chocolates. Once you eat the poisoned one you die.
Go to Top of Page

Pendangorth
Acolyte

36 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2003 :  21:13:41  Show Profile  Visit Pendangorth's Homepage Send Pendangorth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would not want to cause offense to anyone, but I find alot of the stuff like- "Living dead," all of those skulls and symbols and many other things besides "disagreeable" is the best word I can think of without using perhaps offending certain people.

I play a vintage Wheatstone English Treble Concertina with pride and prowess.
Go to Top of Page

Salabasha
Learned Scribe

Portugal
216 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2003 :  21:24:54  Show Profile  Visit Salabasha's Homepage Send Salabasha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't most RPG's, well known ones like Baldur's Gate, Dungeon Siege, Neverwinter Nights, Diablo 2 etc. etc. have some form of evilish "living dead" in it?

Life is like a box of chocolates. Once you eat the poisoned one you die.
Go to Top of Page

Mythander
Learned Scribe

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2003 :  22:45:07  Show Profile  Visit Mythander's Homepage Send Mythander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, As much as I love the realms, I understand that it is not for everyone. I say good day to you Sir, Happy Trails.

Wow! That has no saving throw written all over it.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2003 :  22:50:48  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Salabasha

Don't most RPG's, well known ones like Baldur's Gate, Dungeon Siege, Neverwinter Nights, Diablo 2 etc. etc. have some form of evilish "living dead" in it?

Youre quite right Salabasha. There is an element (some much more than others) of the macarbe (sp?) and undead in most RPG's. The Realms is quite tame compared to some. However, (and I hope this doesnt offend anyone) but people who are quite religious will take offense at the thought of such things. This is one of the main reasons why D&D got a bad name years ago. (I picked up a book entitled "The Truth about Dungeons and Dragons" just out of curiousity and I have to say it is laughable on some of the things that the author relates to within the D&D game). Anyway, i digress and im sure we dont want to talk about this here. I believe this type of thing has already been discussed anyway over in this scroll.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"

Edited by - Lord Rad on 31 Jul 2003 22:51:37
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2003 :  00:24:02  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I'd have to say that's a silly reason, but I respect that. I'm pretty religious myself, but I don't have much of a problem. (Well, I do with the polytheism sometimes, but only when it's written certain ways. Nothing in the canon lorebooks, just in the stories.)

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Salius Kai
Learned Scribe

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2003 :  23:19:22  Show Profile  Visit Salius Kai's Homepage Send Salius Kai a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And another valiuable scorce of information leaves Candle Keep. Although I must Say I see many more new faces than the last time I had stopped by. I may have to drop if more oftern to get to know some of you better.

"Welcome to these walls of infinite knowledge."

Salius Kai
Go to Top of Page

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2003 :  23:22:26  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
salius welcome back it has been long i have just returned as well and we need to meet it the inn again some time since we had left on that journey.

Some believe there is something more after death, if you really want to find out... go kill yourself and stop pestering me.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000