Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 The Pool of Radiance - Discussion
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Jarloch
Acolyte

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2009 :  07:59:46  Show Profile  Visit Jarloch's Homepage Send Jarloch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi - I saw the post on Dragonsfoot when Mogrim gave it a bump, and thought I'd stop by and see if a spot was open.

I've previously only played regular, face-to-face AD&D, but the chance to go back and relive those fuzzy old gold box memories makes me want to give it a shot. Plus, I have the Ruins of Adventure module but never did anything with it, so I'm interested in seeing how you run/modify things here...maybe I can steal them for a FtF game!

Anyway, I rolled up a character to check and play around with the online roller, thinking that you needed a utility guy with all the fighters. I was thinking Mage/Thief, but the scores were pretty good so now I'm thinking F/M/T. Elf, I suppose.

16, 18, 13, 16, 14, 14 (stats assume elf racial adjustments after roll)
http://invisiblecastle.com/stats/view/21080/

If there's still room, I would like to try it. I can log on in the evenings, PST. My 2E resources are limited as far as class info goes - only the PHB and complete wizards handbook. I have a friend who has more of the 2E splat-type books however, so I can research more kits if you let me know if I should consider one, and which are not allowed (if any).

Edited by - Jarloch on 28 May 2009 08:05:46
Go to Top of Page

Barshevy
Learned Scribe

275 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2009 :  08:35:07  Show Profile  Visit Barshevy's Homepage Send Barshevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, Jarloch ! If you're interesting in seeing how gameplay has been going for us, check out our Daggerdale adventure in progress here:

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12401&whichpage=1

There are no limits to which classes or kits you may choose from.

The Search for Morn * Combat Spreadsheet * Combat Map *

Edited by - Barshevy on 28 May 2009 08:36:08
Go to Top of Page

Jarloch
Acolyte

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2009 :  09:19:04  Show Profile  Visit Jarloch's Homepage Send Jarloch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great! I'll look through the kits and finish fleshing him out over the next day or so, and post/send the info to you.

I've read through the other thread for a few pages and it looks like fun. Can't hardly wait to begin scavenging in the ruins of Phlan.
Go to Top of Page

Barshevy
Learned Scribe

275 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2009 :  13:37:04  Show Profile  Visit Barshevy's Homepage Send Barshevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just curious, who here found our game through the following sites: RPOL, Paizo or Dragonsfoot?

Go to Top of Page

Toric
Acolyte

14 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2009 :  16:23:46  Show Profile  Visit Toric's Homepage Send Toric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found it through Dragonsfoot.
Go to Top of Page

Mogrim
Acolyte

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2009 :  17:33:41  Show Profile  Visit Mogrim's Homepage Send Mogrim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I too found it through Dragonsfoot. I check that site at least once a day as I am playing in a PbP on that site as well.
Go to Top of Page

Barshevy
Learned Scribe

275 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2009 :  17:34:58  Show Profile  Visit Barshevy's Homepage Send Barshevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, my friends, if you could only share in the madness that is ensuing on the Randal Morn adventure.

Go to Top of Page

Mogrim
Acolyte

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2009 :  17:39:00  Show Profile  Visit Mogrim's Homepage Send Mogrim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have the adventures at home actually. I am running some friends through them. Of course they have just gotten to Shadowdale, so we haven't really even dived into the real content. I liked reading them, so I am sure the players are loving how they play.
Go to Top of Page

Mogrim
Acolyte

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2009 :  18:02:19  Show Profile  Visit Mogrim's Homepage Send Mogrim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I rolled up my stats, and have the following:

S:17 D:18 Con:15 Int:16 Wis:9 Cha:11 these are with the racial bonuses of a standard elf (moon elf).

The link is: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2089438/

I should have the character up sometime on Saturday.

Note: I do not have any reference material on bladesingers, so I will probably not be making this character one.
Go to Top of Page

Mogrim
Acolyte

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2009 :  18:05:16  Show Profile  Visit Mogrim's Homepage Send Mogrim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
An edit to the above: Found all my resource material, looking through the complete book of elves. I may just be a bladesinger.
Go to Top of Page

Toric
Acolyte

14 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2009 :  18:24:51  Show Profile  Visit Toric's Homepage Send Toric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think I'm going to go with Morninglord, a specialty priest of Lathander. I can PM you with the specific powers granted if you don't have access to Faiths & Avatars, Barshevy.
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2009 :  18:51:30  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mogrim

An edit to the above: Found all my resource material, looking through the complete book of elves. I may just be a bladesinger.

We should introduce you to Valthorin, then. It'll be interesting watching how two people play the same kit.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2009 :  18:52:53  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Barshevy

Ah, my friends, if you could only share in the madness that is ensuing on the Randal Morn adventure.

You know, assuming the rest of the group survives this, they're probably going to refuse to adventure with gnomes ever again...

And you all thought they were cutesy, funny people...

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Toric
Acolyte

14 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2009 :  22:13:49  Show Profile  Visit Toric's Homepage Send Toric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I might also go with a Paladin, which I was surprised I had the stats for.

So many choices! I hope to have something decided on very soon.
Go to Top of Page

Cardoc
Seeker

59 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2009 :  23:58:31  Show Profile  Visit Cardoc's Homepage Send Cardoc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bar, would you like us to post all our starting equipment here, PM you with it, or something else?
Go to Top of Page

Barshevy
Learned Scribe

275 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2009 :  01:22:06  Show Profile  Visit Barshevy's Homepage Send Barshevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Posting it here would be more convenient for me to look up. Later on I transfer everything to a Google spreadsheet (look in the links in my signature for an example.)

Go to Top of Page

Barshevy
Learned Scribe

275 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2009 :  01:22:53  Show Profile  Visit Barshevy's Homepage Send Barshevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hoondatha

quote:

You know, assuming the rest of the group survives this, they're probably going to refuse to adventure with gnomes ever again...

We're just going to have to call you 'Stabby'.

Go to Top of Page

Gray_Exile
Acolyte

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2009 :  02:46:13  Show Profile  Visit Gray_Exile's Homepage Send Gray_Exile a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm fine with the fighter class. Which book can I find the martial arts proficiencies detailed?

Sorry, forgot to note the martial prof.'s are from Combat and Tactics
also switching close-quarters to instant stand(combat and tactics, and martial C (also C and T)

Edited by - Gray_Exile on 29 May 2009 03:09:11
Go to Top of Page

Gray_Exile
Acolyte

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2009 :  05:21:31  Show Profile  Visit Gray_Exile's Homepage Send Gray_Exile a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Just curious, who here found our game through the following sites: RPOL, Paizo or Dragonsfoot?

I found this on RPOL
Go to Top of Page

Chyron
Learned Scribe

Hong Kong
279 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2009 :  07:53:56  Show Profile  Visit Chyron's Homepage Send Chyron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are you still accepting players for this session?

Just My Thoughts
Chyron :)

Go to Top of Page

Penknight
Senior Scribe

USA
538 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2009 :  08:02:04  Show Profile Send Penknight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Mogrim

We should introduce you to Valthorin, then. It'll be interesting watching how two people play the same kit.

I agree, that would be interesting!

Telethian Phoenix
Pathfinder Reference Document

Edited by - Penknight on 29 May 2009 08:04:44
Go to Top of Page

Barshevy
Learned Scribe

275 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2009 :  12:42:25  Show Profile  Visit Barshevy's Homepage Send Barshevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chyron

Are you still accepting players for this session?

Come on in !

Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2009 :  16:05:59  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I find your character funny. Reminds me of my next door neighbor before the limp.

I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you don’t want to move to the “new” Realms, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with either you or the “old” Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches won’t fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2009 :  16:19:54  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nalar (Nail-ur)
Mountain Dwarf/fighter(kit to be announced)
-1 to Chr, +1 to Con
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2089255/
Late last night I finally found my Complete book of Dwarves & Dwarves of the Deep
I will let the group decide, Nalar can be either a battlerager or a sharpshooter. What does everyone think? Either way he is going to talk with his weapon.

I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you don’t want to move to the “new” Realms, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with either you or the “old” Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches won’t fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Mogrim
Acolyte

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2009 :  17:31:22  Show Profile  Visit Mogrim's Homepage Send Mogrim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How are you handling spells for a new mage?
Go to Top of Page

Toric
Acolyte

14 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2009 :  17:44:01  Show Profile  Visit Toric's Homepage Send Toric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can we get a rundown on what everyone is thinking of playing in this game? It might help so that we don't have tons of duplication.
Go to Top of Page

Jarloch
Acolyte

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2009 :  22:53:18  Show Profile  Visit Jarloch's Homepage Send Jarloch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bakra, I think you should play whatever sounds best. I like the image of a dwarf wading in to goblin hordes with an axe, myself.

Getting my buddies books tonight, hopefully, to pick a kit. Still trying to decide between a M/T or F/M/T
Go to Top of Page

Cardoc
Seeker

59 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2009 :  00:37:16  Show Profile  Visit Cardoc's Homepage Send Cardoc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Doing a quick review the party make up looks to shape up something like this:

Cardoc: Bregan Redwind, Human Male Ranger

Bakra: Nalar, Mountain Dwarf Male? Fighter-Battlerager OR Sharpshooter

Gray Exile: Fighter - Muay Thai

Toric: Paladin OR Cleric-Morninglord

Mogrim: Bladesinger

Jarloch: Fighter/Mage/Thief

Chyron: ???

Looks like we are quite heavy on the fighter side, and lighter on the mage, thief, priest side. We are also up to 7 players if Chyron comes aboard, which starts to get unwieldy in a pbp game. Might not be a bad idea to halt recruitment at this time.

If it has any influence on your choice Bakra, I gave my ranger a very high Dex score with the thought of making him an excellent shot with a bow. I wouldn't want to steal your thunder as a sharpshooter. Plus I like the comedy that is likely to ensue if you choose a battlerager.
Go to Top of Page

Mogrim
Acolyte

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2009 :  01:24:28  Show Profile  Visit Mogrim's Homepage Send Mogrim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry guys, I will have to hold off until tomorrow morning to post my character. It is my wife's birthday and we are going out tonight.
Go to Top of Page

Gray_Exile
Acolyte

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2009 :  01:27:02  Show Profile  Visit Gray_Exile's Homepage Send Gray_Exile a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cardoc

Doing a quick review the party make up looks to shape up something like this:

Cardoc: Bregan Redwind, Human Male Ranger

Bakra: Nalar, Mountain Dwarf Male? Fighter-Battlerager OR Sharpshooter

Gray Exile: Fighter - Muay Thai

Toric: Paladin OR Cleric-Morninglord

Mogrim: Bladesinger

Jarloch: Fighter/Mage/Thief

Chyron: ???

Looks like we are quite heavy on the fighter side, and lighter on the mage, thief, priest side. We are also up to 7 players if Chyron comes aboard, which starts to get unwieldy in a pbp game. Might not be a bad idea to halt recruitment at this time.

If it has any influence on your choice Bakra, I gave my ranger a very high Dex score with the thought of making him an excellent shot with a bow. I wouldn't want to steal your thunder as a sharpshooter. Plus I like the comedy that is likely to ensue if you choose a battlerager.

My character's name is Niran

And I like the rager idea, also did you look at the vindicator kit?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000