Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 The Pool of Radiance - Discussion
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Barshevy
Learned Scribe

275 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2009 :  02:42:47  Show Profile  Visit Barshevy's Homepage Send Barshevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gray Exile, Bakra, Cadroc ... hang in there. We're not going to be playing Pool of Radiance. I'll be setting up a new thread for to recruit for a new adventure.

The Search for Morn * Combat Spreadsheet * Combat Map *
Go to Top of Page

Penknight
Senior Scribe

USA
538 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2009 :  03:07:53  Show Profile Send Penknight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Barshevy

Gray Exile, Bakra, Cadroc ... hang in there. We're not going to be playing Pool of Radiance. I'll be setting up a new thread for to recruit for a new adventure.

I hope that I'll be able to join in The Haunted Halls of Eveningstar whenever you decide to run it, Barshevy. I've wanted to go through that module for years!

Telethian Phoenix
Pathfinder Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

Barshevy
Learned Scribe

275 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2009 :  03:16:39  Show Profile  Visit Barshevy's Homepage Send Barshevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, we are just about done with the first part of the Randal Morn quest. We could shift Valthorin into Haunted Halls, if you want to.

Go to Top of Page

Penknight
Senior Scribe

USA
538 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2009 :  04:00:50  Show Profile Send Penknight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well, we are just about done with the first part of the Randal Morn quest. We could shift Valthorin into Haunted Halls, if you want to.

Nah, I like the people that I'm with in this PbP. But if you do decide to run Haunted Halls, please let me know. I have a character concept and everything. I thought that my old 2nd Edition paladin would be fun to run there. Hopefully, you won't run Haunted Halls this time around. Perhaps... Doom of Daggerdale?

Telethian Phoenix
Go to Top of Page

Barshevy
Learned Scribe

275 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2009 :  05:41:55  Show Profile  Visit Barshevy's Homepage Send Barshevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Reserve Haunted Halls for Penknight ... check.

Gray Exile, Bakra, and Cadroc : any suggestions on what modules you'd like to play? It doesn't have to be a Forgotten Realms module. I can work it into the Realms.

Go to Top of Page

Penknight
Senior Scribe

USA
538 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2009 :  05:53:04  Show Profile Send Penknight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Reserve Haunted Halls for Penknight ... check.
Awesome! Thanks!

Telethian Phoenix
Go to Top of Page

Gray_Exile
Acolyte

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2009 :  05:56:23  Show Profile  Visit Gray_Exile's Homepage Send Gray_Exile a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't care as long as we play.Maybe some thing with a few levels that might be funner.
Go to Top of Page

Barshevy
Learned Scribe

275 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2009 :  17:20:47  Show Profile  Visit Barshevy's Homepage Send Barshevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Giving it some thought, I'll run the three of you through a mini-adventure from Dungeon magazine, set in the Cormanthyr Forest.

Ability Scores

For each ability score roll 4d6 and add the highest three. Assign the scores to the abilities as you wish. You can re-roll a set of 6 scores as many times as you want. I would prefer you do this on the Invisible Castle site in the following way:

Number of Rolls : 6

Dice : 4d6.takeHighest(3)

Save the link to the results page and post it here as proof.

Hit points : max for level + constitution bonus, if any

Gold : Max gold divided by 2.

Edited by - Barshevy on 24 May 2009 17:21:32
Go to Top of Page

Gray_Exile
Acolyte

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2009 :  18:38:19  Show Profile  Visit Gray_Exile's Homepage Send Gray_Exile a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Make the char. with some levels or @ 1st

Link
invisiblecastle.com/stats/view/21045/

HTML
<a href="invisiblecastle.com/stats/view/21045/">STR 17, DEX 17, CON 17, INT 15, WIS 11, CHA 14</a>

Didn't know which you wanted.
Do you split stats?

Edited by - Gray_Exile on 24 May 2009 22:00:48
Go to Top of Page

Barshevy
Learned Scribe

275 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2009 :  00:59:27  Show Profile  Visit Barshevy's Homepage Send Barshevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You'll have to start at 1st.

What do you mean by split stats?

Thanks.

Go to Top of Page

Gray_Exile
Acolyte

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2009 :  21:52:20  Show Profile  Visit Gray_Exile's Homepage Send Gray_Exile a Private Message  Reply with Quote
strength splits into stamina and muscle
dexterity into aim and balance
etc,etc,etc...
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2009 :  23:05:14  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's the Player's Option way of working with stats, Barshevy, in case you don't recognize it.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Cardoc
Seeker

59 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2009 :  01:50:34  Show Profile  Visit Cardoc's Homepage Send Cardoc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So, has a new thread begun somewhere? Or are we continuing here for our OOC thread with the three players we have so far?
Go to Top of Page

Barshevy
Learned Scribe

275 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2009 :  04:26:11  Show Profile  Visit Barshevy's Homepage Send Barshevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hoondatha

That's the Player's Option way of working with stats, Barshevy, in case you don't recognize it.

Ah, ok. I'll stay away from that method.

Go to Top of Page

Barshevy
Learned Scribe

275 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2009 :  04:27:46  Show Profile  Visit Barshevy's Homepage Send Barshevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll set up an OOC thread for the new adventure once things firm up a bit more.

Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2009 :  14:15:50  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I will get on to the character after work, most of my 2ed material is at home.

I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you don’t want to move to the “new” Realms, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with either you or the “old” Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches won’t fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Barshevy
Learned Scribe

275 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2009 :  15:55:56  Show Profile  Visit Barshevy's Homepage Send Barshevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK sorry for waffling around, but we'll end up playing the Pool of Radiance game. You'll get a cleric NPC to round off the party.

Go to Top of Page

Cardoc
Seeker

59 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2009 :  04:19:25  Show Profile  Visit Cardoc's Homepage Send Cardoc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bregan Redwind

Chaotic Good
Human
Male
Ranger
Brown hair
Green eyes
5'11''
185 lb.

STR - 16
DEX - 18
CON - 15
INT - 9
CHA - 10
WIS - 14

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2086501/

Hit Points: 11

Gold: 100gp pre-equipment.

I have yet to make equipment selections for Bregan. I'll be sure to deduct the cost of any starting equipment from his gold total.

Go to Top of Page

Barshevy
Learned Scribe

275 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2009 :  05:27:45  Show Profile  Visit Barshevy's Homepage Send Barshevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looking good.

Go to Top of Page

Barshevy
Learned Scribe

275 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2009 :  05:30:02  Show Profile  Visit Barshevy's Homepage Send Barshevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also, we might have fourth player joining.

Go to Top of Page

Gray_Exile
Acolyte

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2009 :  06:48:53  Show Profile  Visit Gray_Exile's Homepage Send Gray_Exile a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can I change my concept with new rolls I feel the stats make for a better Mauy Thai fighter then Spartan, let me know if you like the idea or not.

wp
martial arts A II
martial arts B I
martial arts D I

nwp
Close-Quarters combat II(humanoids handbook{just fits with fighting style})
Natural combat II(humanoids handbook{allows for elbow or knee strikes})
Endurance II
Spring I(combat and Tactics)

Edited by - Gray_Exile on 27 May 2009 08:28:30
Go to Top of Page

Toric
Acolyte

14 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2009 :  09:50:40  Show Profile  Visit Toric's Homepage Send Toric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm the fourth player that Barshevy mentioned. I think I'll be bringing in a cleric of some sort.
Go to Top of Page

Mogrim
Acolyte

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2009 :  14:16:05  Show Profile  Visit Mogrim's Homepage Send Mogrim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any chance you would be up for taking a 5th?
Go to Top of Page

Toric
Acolyte

14 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2009 :  15:46:43  Show Profile  Visit Toric's Homepage Send Toric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rolled some stats. Not great but the 18 is very nice!

18, 13, 12, 10, 10 8
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2087234/

Edited by - Toric on 27 May 2009 15:47:27
Go to Top of Page

Barshevy
Learned Scribe

275 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2009 :  00:53:02  Show Profile  Visit Barshevy's Homepage Send Barshevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mogrim

Any chance you would be up for taking a 5th?

Come on in !

Go to Top of Page

Mogrim
Acolyte

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2009 :  04:00:02  Show Profile  Visit Mogrim's Homepage Send Mogrim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sweet! I will try and get a character done as soon as possible. Please note that I cannot post from work. As this site is blocked from there. I will post at least once a day though, once I get home. If this is a problem let me know.

I was thinking I would make a fighter/mage for the survivability. I am assuming we start at first level, correct?
Go to Top of Page

Barshevy
Learned Scribe

275 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2009 :  05:22:31  Show Profile  Visit Barshevy's Homepage Send Barshevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mogrim

I was thinking I would make a fighter/mage for the survivability. I am assuming we start at first level, correct?

That's right.

Go to Top of Page

Barshevy
Learned Scribe

275 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2009 :  05:23:17  Show Profile  Visit Barshevy's Homepage Send Barshevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gray_Exile

Can I change my concept with new rolls I feel the stats make for a better Mauy Thai fighter then Spartan, let me know if you like the idea or not.

wp
martial arts A II
martial arts B I
martial arts D I

nwp
Endurance II

Which class / kit is this? Thanks.

Go to Top of Page

Gray_Exile
Acolyte

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2009 :  06:57:34  Show Profile  Visit Gray_Exile's Homepage Send Gray_Exile a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Gray_Exile

wp
martial arts A II
martial arts B I
martial arts D I

nwp
Endurance II

Which class / kit is this? Thanks.

He would be a Fighter, I didn't get a percentile Str. so I just can't see the stats producing a Spartan, if you see it otherwise I'll keep the Spartan, with modifications to prof.
Go to Top of Page

Barshevy
Learned Scribe

275 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2009 :  07:45:46  Show Profile  Visit Barshevy's Homepage Send Barshevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm fine with the fighter class. Which book can I find the martial arts proficiencies detailed?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000