Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 new realms ideas
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bolf66
Acolyte

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2009 :  22:41:59  Show Profile  Visit bolf66's Homepage Send bolf66 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
this is my first fourm if this has been done sorry

i'd like to see what people think would be good way to handle the new realms post spell plauge and all. just things that you think may make this new world a place you can enjoy.

perception is the real truth

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2009 :  06:48:05  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No worries, bolf--there are a number of posts devoted to this sort of topic, and I'm sure one of our friendly neighborhood admins will be in here soon with a recommendation (wink wink Sage/Wooly?). It is my hope that this thread stays positive and upbeat, with suggestions about how to use the 4e FR well.

As for how I handle it, I pick the parts I like, and put them in my games and my books. Downshadow (my latest book) is pretty much my vision of how I see the new Realms.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Neil Bishop
Learned Scribe

Singapore
100 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2009 :  19:14:32  Show Profile  Visit Neil Bishop's Homepage Send Neil Bishop a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm starting my first Cormyr campaign in a couple inspired by the picture of the Cyricist general in the FRPG. In due course, the general (actually a warlord/invoker) will be revealed to be Erzoured Obarskyr. The overall plot is fairly cliched but I'm looking forward to both my first 4E campaign and my first Cormyr campaign.

My next campaign will be based in the North, probably starting in Loudwater and using the Norse Fimbulwinter as inspiration. Auril will be the BBEG in this.

I've got a few other ideas as well. It would be great to see some positive threads again (with no threadcrapping).

Regards
NXB
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2009 :  14:37:32  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I have a Netherese Swordmage character who is being sent to explore Chult along with an Orc from Many-Arrows to do "research" for their respective homelands. This campaign hasn't actually started yet (my brother, the DM is working on the encounters, plot, etc...) but I definately look forward to this. Maybe a spellscar with show up on one of the characters during this quest...

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2009 :  14:38:32  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Returned Abeir is also a wide open area for development for a DM to make use of.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000