Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 war of the spider queen covers
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

swifty
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
517 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2009 :  21:51:25  Show Profile  Visit swifty's Homepage Send swifty a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
this has probably been answered on a previous thread but could someone list the characters who appear on the font of each book.

go back to sleep america.everything is under control.heres american gladiators.watch this.shuttup. BILL HICKS.

Tyr
Learned Scribe

225 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2009 :  22:21:08  Show Profile  Visit Tyr's Homepage Send Tyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well based on characters i'd say:

Dissolution: Pharaun Mizzrym
Insurrection: Jeggred Baenre & Quenthel Baenre
Condemnation: Valas Hune
Extinction: Danifae Yauntyrr
Annihilation: Ryld Argith
Resurrection: Halisstra Melarn

Although it might be that Halisstra and Danifae are the wrong way around, not sure though
Go to Top of Page

swifty
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
517 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2009 :  23:02:55  Show Profile  Visit swifty's Homepage Send swifty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thanks for that.wasnt sure if it was quenthel or triel with jeggred.

go back to sleep america.everything is under control.heres american gladiators.watch this.shuttup. BILL HICKS.
Go to Top of Page

mnb128
Learned Scribe

USA
130 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2009 :  23:20:49  Show Profile  Visit mnb128's Homepage Send mnb128 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The cover of Condemnation actually depicts Nimor Imphraezl, not Valas Hune. Halisstra is on Extinction, and Danifae is on Resurrection. At least that is according to O-Love's site. Link below.

http://www.o-love.net/realms/head_war.html
Go to Top of Page

edappel
Learned Scribe

Brazil
211 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2009 :  02:53:15  Show Profile Send edappel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I really didn't like Ryld on Annihilation.. He should wear plate mail! And he has long hear!

And if Condemnation were Valas Hune, he would be wielding two kukris, not a scimitar/sword... Ir looks more like Nimor to me.

And the first one, Dissolution, looks like Gromph Baenre.

Well.. that's just my opinion.

--- Ed Appel

*** I'm a brazilian FR fan. So, feel free to correct my writing mistakes to improve my english.
Go to Top of Page

Cardoc
Seeker

59 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2009 :  04:53:22  Show Profile  Visit Cardoc's Homepage Send Cardoc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I always thought that the first book could have Gromph on the cover also.

Any Ryld does indeed have short hair. It is pointed out several times in the novels.
Go to Top of Page

edappel
Learned Scribe

Brazil
211 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2009 :  13:52:25  Show Profile Send edappel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ohh.. well.. You are right Cardoc, Ryld has short hair. I've read it one year ago... I think I forgot somethings (or just imagined on another way)

--- Ed Appel

*** I'm a brazilian FR fan. So, feel free to correct my writing mistakes to improve my english.
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2009 :  14:27:13  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cardoc

I always thought that the first book could have Gromph on the cover also.

Some people speculated as much, but Richard Lee Byers himself confirmed that it is Pharaun on the cover.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

edappel
Learned Scribe

Brazil
211 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2009 :  18:07:43  Show Profile Send edappel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well.. So, it is Pharaun.

--- Ed Appel

Go to Top of Page

Drakul
Senior Scribe

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2009 :  14:14:15  Show Profile Send Drakul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mnb128

The cover of Condemnation actually depicts Nimor Imphraezl, not Valas Hune. Halisstra is on Extinction, and Danifae is on Resurrection. At least that is according to O-Love's site. Link below.

http://www.o-love.net/realms/head_war.html

You are correct. So, the characters are as followed:

Dissolution: Pharaun Mizzrym
Insurrection: Jeggred Baenre & Quenthel Baenre
Condemnation: Nimor Imphraezl
Extinction: Halisstra Melarn
Annihilation: Ryld Argith
Resurrection: Danifae Yauntyrr

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDonLNKf6_KA9Qlal3Qu3zQ?view_as=subscriber
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2009 :  18:43:33  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Drakul

I know this is true, but anyone got any idea why they put him instead of Valas Hune on the cover? (artist's refusal to draw Kukris perhaps? lol)

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023

Edited by - Alisttair on 30 Apr 2009 18:44:29
Go to Top of Page

Stout Heart
Learned Scribe

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2009 :  15:49:18  Show Profile  Visit Stout Heart's Homepage Send Stout Heart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by edappel

I really didn't like Ryld on Annihilation.. He should wear plate mail! And he has long hear!

And if Condemnation were Valas Hune, he would be wielding two kukris, not a scimitar/sword... Ir looks more like Nimor to me.

And the first one, Dissolution, looks like Gromph Baenre.

Well.. that's just my opinion.

none of them look like they should. Correction first three grate last three not so much.

Edited by - Stout Heart on 05 May 2009 15:50:30
Go to Top of Page

Lady Fellshot
Senior Scribe

USA
379 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2009 :  08:16:40  Show Profile  Visit Lady Fellshot's Homepage Send Lady Fellshot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

quote:
Originally posted by Drakul

I know this is true, but anyone got any idea why they put him instead of Valas Hune on the cover? (artist's refusal to draw Kukris perhaps? lol)

Because Valas was never expanded upon as a character and Nimor was more interesting? (which makes me a little grouchy, since towards the end, I was running out of characters I liked and I thought Valas had potential.)

Oh well... (adds to list of "stories I should write")
Go to Top of Page

swifty
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
517 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2009 :  14:09:35  Show Profile  Visit swifty's Homepage Send swifty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i kind of got the feeling they were leaving open the possibility of a kimmuriel-valas collaboration at the end of wotsq.i think kimmuriels a fascinating character and would rather see him than jarlaxle.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000