Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Favorite Gods II
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Darwin Tenderfoot
Seeker

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2002 :  07:19:36  Show Profile  Visit Darwin Tenderfoot's Homepage Send Darwin Tenderfoot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Word!!!!! hahahahaha

Darwin
Go to Top of Page

Jeffrey Williams
Acolyte

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2002 :  01:51:32  Show Profile  Visit Jeffrey Williams's Homepage Send Jeffrey Williams a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by Mumadar Ibn Huzal

The lord of mages is still around. Nothing about him changed much in the transition to 3e. Azuth still reports to Mystra and supervises Velsharoon and Savras. His portfolio is arcane spellcasters.

As it should be. Mystra is my favorite deity. More or less, she is often underused in terms of ideas and campaign adventures. Then there's SK Reynold's horrible idea about a shadow weave, shadow mages, corrupted weave energies, Shar granting access ot the Shadow weave without Mystra's knowledge, etc. Sheesh, I think SKR has been spinning a mandala one too many times. That idea has backfired written all over it.

Geoffrey Mordraith, Sage, Cleric of Helm, Bearer of the Morning Star
devilboy@anv.net
www.bigbluepigeon.blogspot.com
www.thefourthportal.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Jeffrey Williams
Acolyte

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2002 :  01:54:31  Show Profile  Visit Jeffrey Williams's Homepage Send Jeffrey Williams a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ditalidas

My favorite is Selune. Mainly because I have a thing with Lycanthropy, the moon and the stars.

Lycanthropy, you too. I would have never never known.

If its a good lycanthrope I play, it will always be Selune. But I favor Malar to some degree. Other than Talos, he's really the only corrupt ranger/druid deity on Faerun.

Geoffrey Mordraith, Sage, Cleric of Helm, Bearer of the Morning Star
devilboy@anv.net
www.bigbluepigeon.blogspot.com
www.thefourthportal.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

The Great Drizzt
Learned Scribe

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2002 :  03:37:33  Show Profile  Visit The Great Drizzt's Homepage Send The Great Drizzt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oohhhhh........I'm sooo scared ArionElenim.
Why do liches need a god? werent they just mages that got transformed? So wouldnt they just keep on worshiping the god they worshiped when they were Human/Elf/Etc...?
The Great Drizzt

"Don't poke Drizzt, 'tis highly unsociable!" Drizzt Do'Urden -BG1
Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2002 :  06:45:17  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For those of you (cough, GreatDrizzt) who think that I am joking, feel free to look at the original Elminster Forum and see what Alaundo thinks of folks who ruin forums by getting way off topic and slinging mud.

That wasn't a threat...just a fact.

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm
Go to Top of Page

The Great Drizzt
Learned Scribe

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2002 :  06:54:57  Show Profile  Visit The Great Drizzt's Homepage Send The Great Drizzt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's not that I think your joking, its just that I really don't care, your the only one whos really complaining alot soo....
Well is anyone gonna answer my question or what?
The Great Drizzt

Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2002 :  08:15:06  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Great Drizzt

It's not that I think your joking, its just that I really don't care, your the only one whos really complaining alot soo....

Just because he is posting, doesn't mean he's the only one thinking along those lines... And if the age in the profiles is the true age, it seems that most of us know what the term 'respect' means. The real challenge is to live up to that term.
quote:

Well is anyone gonna answer my question or what?
quote:
Originally posted by The Great Drizzt

Why do liches need a god? werent they just mages that got transformed? So wouldnt they just keep on worshiping the god they worshiped when they were Human/Elf/Etc...?

Apparently you have an insatiable thirst for answers, judging by the amount you post... To give an answer to your question above; Mellifleur, the deity of liches from Monster Mythology is a 'generic' D&D deity, not a Forgotten Realms deity (but can be if a DM wants to). In the Realms, that role is taken chiefly by Velsharoon. Most mages that turn into liches in one way or another worshipped Velsharoon. And you're right that they'd probably do the same after their transformation to lich. This doesn't mean that ALL liches worship Velsharoon, just as not all drow worship Lloth.

Edited by - Mumadar Ibn Huzal on 17 Oct 2002 08:16:41
Go to Top of Page

eilinel
Learned Scribe

France
296 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2002 :  02:40:16  Show Profile  Visit eilinel's Homepage Send eilinel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And what about the 20 Banelich when Bane come back in the Realms, do they change their status? I didn't see anything about them in the third edition.
Yet, they were very impressiv since they could cast cleric spells without the pesence of their god. And that like a 20th level cleric.
What's the matter now?

Go to Top of Page

The Great Drizzt
Learned Scribe

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2002 :  07:53:40  Show Profile  Visit The Great Drizzt's Homepage Send The Great Drizzt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why thank you, that was a big help, I get it now.
The Great Drizzt

Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2002 :  08:50:03  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eilinel

And what about the 20 Banelich when Bane come back in the Realms, do they change their status? I didn't see anything about them in the third edition.

Most of the Baneliches, if not all, were destroyed by the ritual in which Bane came forth from Xvim. I guess that all those bits and pieces of Bane that were stored in the Baneliches helped Bane return to his former self.
Go to Top of Page

Uther Cosipian
Acolyte

Canada
8 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2002 :  20:30:31  Show Profile  Visit Uther Cosipian's Homepage Send Uther Cosipian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Personally I've been playing my campain for about 2 years now. From levels 1 - 5 I din't believe in gods. But eventually, I was aproached by Shaundakul himself, and asked if I would folow his ways. I agreed and now am quite fond of him. He's less known, and barely worshiped, but that means, you play a more important role in his heart. My opinion.

"Someone once told me, you must die, in order to live. I'm not sure what he meant, but I know I ain't dying or living in this retched place."
Go to Top of Page

sabre
Acolyte

Turkey
47 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2002 :  20:49:15  Show Profile Send sabre a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i am not so good with religion and god...
but if it is in fr it depends on the character mostly...
Tempus 'cause he is though,powerful and lord of battle...
Torm 'cause duty and honor are important(for me)...
Vhearaun 'cause i like his style...
and sun sets to rise tomorrow...Lathander...
and mystra 'cause she is the Lady of mysteries...

sabre
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2002 :  21:31:11  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have to go with my characters favorite deity, Hanali Celanil the elven goddess of love and beauty. It reaches further than just romance though. Most creatures strive for beauty and quality in their lives Hanali embodies (to me) the things that literally make life worth living.

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Sithian
Acolyte

Turkey
5 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2002 :  23:16:30  Show Profile  Visit Sithian's Homepage Send Sithian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like Lathander because:
(quote FR campaign book)
Dogma: Strive always to aid,to foster new hope, new ideas, new prosperity for all humankind and its allies. It is sacred duty.....

I believe people need second chances and Lathander is up for that.

And I also like Shar(I really do not know why)

"I can see what would befall me as I see what would befall you!" said a sorcerer just before I slitted his throat, you should have seen the astonishment on his face. It was pretty amusing.
Go to Top of Page

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2002 :  04:43:06  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well...I would have to say my favorite god is Mielikki, mainly just because that's Drizzt's deity.
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2002 :  15:06:26  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm fond of Tymora. I think it could be great to play a character who totally rely on his luck (even if he'll probably die soon )
I also like Mystra, especially after 1358 DR, because she was before a human, and because i love magic and wizard is my favorite class
Then Sune, Finder and Gruumsh (i'd like the latter to beat Corellon once )
Go to Top of Page

The Great Drizzt
Learned Scribe

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2002 :  06:48:53  Show Profile  Visit The Great Drizzt's Homepage Send The Great Drizzt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Vhearauns the man....err god I mean.
by the way zemd, Tymora is'nt just the godess of Luck, she's the godess of Luck and Adventuring, but yes I like her too!
The Great Drizzt

Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2002 :  07:49:08  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For me Tymora is the goddess of luck THEN of adventuring.
And i forgot, Beshaba being the complete opposite of Tymora is still very fun
Go to Top of Page

Logan Darke
Acolyte

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2002 :  12:50:03  Show Profile  Visit Logan Darke's Homepage Send Logan Darke a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I like Grumbar, not very well known so lots of scope to develop aspects of his religion. Tend to play it as a warrior cleric from vaasa.

I also like both Valkur and Kelemvors profiles but havent ever had the chance to play them.
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2002 :  16:09:23  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do you mean you PLAYED gods!?
Go to Top of Page

Kitira Gildragon
Learned Scribe

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2002 :  16:40:47  Show Profile  Visit Kitira Gildragon's Homepage Send Kitira Gildragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*applauds Arion with a whispered "wtg"* Favorite God? Mielikki all the way. Forest is my prefered place to be and the wild animals rule. Cyric would be my second choice:Madness (I want his portfolio!). Azuth: arcane spellcasters rule!

-Space for rent-
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2002 :  16:56:13  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
<looks up from a stack of scrolls dealing with dragon colors and two spell scrolls: confusion and feeblemind...>

Huh...? Arion, Mielikki? I thought that he preferred Corellon Larethian and the rest of the Seldarine...

<shakes head in confusion, then notices Kitira>

Ehm, lady Kitira, the thingy holding you hair up seems rather dangerous... anyways, you might want to go over to the section on Seldarine and check Solonor Thelandria's description. I believe that might interest you... Maybe Arion can help you...

<looks back at stack of scrolls>

Now what was I reading...

(using the forum as an extension of being a DM...<g>)
Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2002 :  22:26:56  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mumadar,

Wow, that was the most confusing post I have ever seen....

I think it was meant as a joke.....if not, I think you may be confusing me with another scribe....I think that Sabre uses the same avatar as little ol me....

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm
Go to Top of Page

Tyreal Nyquis
Acolyte

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2002 :  23:24:31  Show Profile  Visit Tyreal Nyquis's Homepage Send Tyreal Nyquis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My favored FR God would have to be Blipdoolpolp. Though his backround is horridly undetailed I believe this adds to the certain mystique surrounding the matter of the Sahaugin(sp?) patron God. In my younger days I would spend hours creating and playing clerics and worshippers of Blipdoolpolp to reign watery death among our enemies. One of my more developed characters, Shareal Lintiliaon I still play on occasion. Sometimes it amazes me how a race like the Sahaugin can be so easily overlooked by RPers looking to find an new concept for character creation. I saddens me to see so many of them turning to the Drow when the answer is so clearly laid out before them. Tsk, tsk.

"Spells are highly overrated. I mean, you spend half your life shut up in a dusty tower pouring over unitelligible tomes and for what? A few gloriful moments on the battlefield and a permanent case of eye strain." - Tyreal Ny'quis of Sigil
Go to Top of Page

Kitira Gildragon
Learned Scribe

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2002 :  14:13:48  Show Profile  Visit Kitira Gildragon's Homepage Send Kitira Gildragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*notices what Mumadar's working on* <L> How appropriate! I was applauding Arion's direct action, not talking about his choice of gods. Mielikki's _my_ 1st choice, [edit so Arion is included as well] melloneamin.
*bows to Arion* Excuse this misunderstanding and the bit of OT.

-Space for rent-

Edited by - Kitira Gildragon on 17 Dec 2002 12:34:38
Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2002 :  20:42:59  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote

She called me mellonamin........

he he he....score one for Arion!

Go to Top of Page

Cherrn
Learned Scribe

Denmark
323 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2002 :  00:49:24  Show Profile Send Cherrn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well i always liked Cyric, his way is the right way and all. I made probably the best NPC/badguy for my campaign as a worshipper of him. Also Mask, all his webs of intrigue are... Intriguing(sp?) to say the least :p If we go for a real tyrant god (i like them) I would rather go for Kossuth than Bane, Kossuth's description in F&P really made me look twice at him.. I was thinking Paladins of a Cleansing Flame and all that.

A wise man from Calimport once told me: "If a merchant puts sand in the flask of oil he's trying to sell you, then he isn't trying to sell you sand..."
Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2002 :  04:36:54  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, I think the "mellonamin" was meant for Mumadar.....

Ah well...I could do worse than second place to him...

Back to the old drawing board I suppose!

Go to Top of Page

The Defence Minister
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2002 :  21:24:39  Show Profile  Visit The Defence Minister's Homepage Send The Defence Minister a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My favourite god is without doubt the magnificant Glittergold

Magnificant Deity. I also like Ogmaa and Waukeen.

TDM

- TDM (Candlekeep's most popular, experienced and handsome member)
Go to Top of Page

Salazar
Acolyte

Netherlands
12 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2002 :  21:43:53  Show Profile  Visit Salazar's Homepage Send Salazar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually I don't have a favorite God, I worship Shar because SHE is my beloved Goddess.
She holds close to the Darkness, in which lay many secrets. Her battle against her.....sister (I won't pronounce her name) should be aid by all worshippers of the dark. And ofcourse the shadow weave magic is a GIFT of which some may only dream....

Salazar M.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000