Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 ALFA Forgotten Realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ALFA Public Relations
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2009 :  02:00:01  Show Profile  Visit ALFA Public Relations's Homepage Send ALFA Public Relations a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
A Land Far Away (ALFA) is proud to announce the first anniversary of our NWN2 servers!

ALFA is a NWN2 Persistent World set in the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting. It began in 1999, several weeks after the Neverwinter Nights game was announced, as a dream to recreate the Forgotten Realms in Pen and Paper style, using Bioware’s NWN computer game. It has been almost ten years since that first vision was conceived and the ALFA community is still going strong.

One year ago our first NWN2 server went live and we have since added a second NWN2 server with several more near completion and still others in various stages of development. Now we are celebrating the beginning of our second year on the NWN2 platform and invite you to celebrate with us.

ALFA puts a heavy emphasis on Roleplay and Character Development. Our players take the game seriously as we have a permadeath setting, as well as many other modifications that bring us closer to a Pen & Paper gaming experience.

Our Player and DM base literally spans the globe.

Our NWN2 Live Servers:
The Silver Marches
Baldur's Gate

Servers in development:
Island Kingdoms
Western Heartlands
Cormanthor
Skullport

Some of our features:
Support for new players
MotB and SoZ content
Multi server Support
Scripted Role Play Experience Points
Non Lethal Combat
Custom creatures and modifications to make them like PnP
Many custom scripts, reflecting PnP 3.5 Ruleset.

We are also currently working on:
Ongoing spell modifications, to reflect PnP rules
Readable and Writable books

If you love the Forgotten Realms Setting, love NWN2, and would like to join a Persistent World where heavy roleplay is the norm, submit an application via our website and help us celebrate the beginning of our second year running NWN2.

http://www.alandfaraway.org

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2009 :  11:50:06  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would just like to say that about 7 years ago I visited the site and signed up to join ALFA as a player but was never accepted. Why was this I ask???

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

coach
Senior Scribe

USA
479 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2009 :  05:32:36  Show Profile Send coach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
as a ten year member I can vouch for the roleplay

adventure is about as hearthumping as you can get when you know their is no respawn or fudging die rolls by the DM LOL

it is the best online experience around if you are looking at wanting the "PnP" feel in your online gaming

@ Alisttair: I have never been involved in apps dep't but early on they wanted to weed out powergaming MMOers from joining and so they had pretty ruthless app reviewers who would simply fail most apps and ask for a resubmission. They figured if you rewrote the application then you must be really serious about wanting in whereas a powergamer/MMOer would just move on. I did not agree with this practice and unfortunately it probably cost us dozens of great roleplayers. That method of app review hasn't been used for several years though. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Bloodstone Lands Sage
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2009 :  12:05:33  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No problems coach. It was probably for the better as it led me to start my own server (which someone else eventually hosted) and I made a few online friends that way and did make my own Zhentil Keep which was VERY detailed (I think ALFA would have liked to have it even )

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000