Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Few important questions.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Esteleath
Acolyte

Poland
1 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2009 :  23:14:46  Show Profile  Visit Esteleath's Homepage Send Esteleath a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've got a problem. I'm playing Neverwinter Nights 2 on official polish server and we got stubborn GMs for Character Authorization. The server is based on Forgotten Realms.

I've got two issues that I need to discuss.
Do gods have time for all of their servants and followers? Do Gods fight for the souls of their followers and servants when they are endangered by baatezu or tanar'ri? If so then how?

Is it possible in the realms that wizard of Thay artificially create planetouched races like genasi, tiefling or aasimar? And how much does it cost?

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2009 :  18:49:48  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I must admit that I am not the most qualified person to answer this but I will try. I would guess that we are talking 1300's here?

The powers of the gods are not my strongest point, but generally one can not rely on the gods to give one attention when needed. Sometime they help and sometimes they don't, but it is difficult to say anything about their reasoning. Generally one can say that a god will notice when you call their name, but that's not the same as to say that they will listen.

As far as I know the gods do not fight the Baatezu and Tanar'ri for mortal souls. It is more the duty of their priesthood to deal with devils and demons.

I cant say I have heard of the Red Wizards having breeding programs for Planetouched, but it would probably be possible with time and strong magic's. Some Deepspawns could do the job, but they would still need to control the creature and dominate its offspring.

Not much help, but thats the best I can do. Sorry.
Go to Top of Page

Knight of the Gate
Senior Scribe

USA
624 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2009 :  19:25:32  Show Profile Send Knight of the Gate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The only god who regularly fights the demons for the souls of petitioners is Kelemvor. The Devils have a contract with him, which (being devils) they never break, but the demons frequently break into the Crystal City and steal souls. In response, Kelemvor often leads recovery raids and punitive expeditions into the Abyss.
The only spell I can think of that 'creates' a planar being is in Unapproahable East: I don't recall the name (I'm AFB) but it makes the subject a half-fiend, at the cost of a load of xp to the caster.

How can life be so bountiful, providing such sublime rewards for mediocrity? -Umberto Ecco
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000