Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Worth buying?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2009 :  22:31:37  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Are the LC modules actually worth the purchase or not?

I know I haven't posted much in a while, and that might or might not change, dunno really, I said most of what was on my mind regarding the abomination and I somehow get really sad when I read threads which just prove my point(s).

I have made the Realms my own, but should the CK Compendium continue I will submit stuff there...mostly it will be alternate takes on events that I really think need polishing, it will deal with a whole bunch of stuff that I just plainly consider stupid/illogical.

As for the LC stuff, I am basically finishing to complete my collection and was wondering, again, if the Raven's Bluff stuff would actually be worth it... if not I won't bother.

Cheers

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!

StarBog
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2009 :  22:44:44  Show Profile  Visit StarBog's Homepage Send StarBog a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm in a similar position to you, I only have a few bits and bobs left to get, including the LC stuff, and my view is that they're worth it to have them as part of your collection, but not at stupid prices.

Heh, that didn't really answer the question did it?
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2009 :  22:46:33  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by StarBog

I'm in a similar position to you, I only have a few bits and bobs left to get, including the LC stuff, and my view is that they're worth it to have them as part of your collection, but not at stupid prices.

Heh, that didn't really answer the question did it?

lol not really, but thanks ;)

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

Wrigs13
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
201 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2009 :  09:18:15  Show Profile  Visit Wrigs13's Homepage Send Wrigs13 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry what material are we talking about?

Do not try to understand the 4th edition. Thats impossible. Instead...only try to realise the truth. There is no 4th edition.
Go to Top of Page

StarBog
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2009 :  11:32:30  Show Profile  Visit StarBog's Homepage Send StarBog a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wrigs, the various 2e Living City supplements for Raven's Bluff etc. There were quite a few of them, all given official TSR Numbers and publication.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2009 :  21:47:21  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just removed a post from this thread... Just a reminder, folks, of rule A13 of Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct:

quote:
13. Discussions and links regarding illegal downloads and file sharing of copyrighted material, owned by either Wizards of the Coast or a third party company, is not permitted on these forums. It would also be appreciated for members to avoid promoting this activity via Private MessageEmail to others.

Advocating official PDFs from sites like DriveThruRPG or Paizo is fine. Advocating any source of non-official PDFs, or advocating their acquisition from those not licensed to distribute them, is not allowed.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2009 :  23:23:42  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Whoa! It's been a while since I've seen that kinda CoC breach.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2009 :  19:11:15  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thats the last thing we need ATM...

"Walking on Eggs" as it is these days...

On Topic:
As for the question... it depends (and that doesn't help, does it?)

Do you like 'silly', because a lot of it is (including an 'aircraft carrier' of sorts). Being an old GH DM, I love that kinda wacky stuff, but it doesn't exactly fit into the more serious Realms, if you know what I mean. Not that it's bad, but the flavor is a 'little off', if you get my drift.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 21 Feb 2009 19:14:27
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000