Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Arcane Archery
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

bitter thorn
Learned Scribe

USA
184 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2009 :  21:59:46  Show Profile  Visit bitter thorn's Homepage Send bitter thorn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I look forward to seeing it!

quote:
Originally posted by Herkles

Anyways, I am going to try to come up with some lore on the Arcane archers, I have some ideas of my own, and I think I will post it here for criticisms.

"Nobody listens to the Ranger!"

Our groups are all sticking with 3.X classic Realms.
Go to Top of Page

Herkles
Seeker

82 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2009 :  21:15:36  Show Profile  Visit Herkles's Homepage Send Herkles a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I got some of it done. This is a little myth concept I came up with that basically is saying that the Saladerine gave the elves the gift of using AA abilities. Feedback is welcomed, I would love to hear good and bad things about what I came up with.

In the early dawn of time, following our creation, we would learn skills that were necessary to survive. The Cuarista, or spell archer, is one of the gifts from the Saladerine. Though many traditions exist following their creation, The Saladerine is the ones who gave us the skill to mix magic and archery together. When Solonor the great archer, taught our people to use archery, Correllon guided the magic he had instilled in all of us, some of the early archers sought out the magic to combine it with their archery.

And the creator gave the archers magic, teaching them on how to enhance their arrows to fly farther, faster, and stronger than before. He taught us how to imbue our arrows with the spells of magic to give them strength. Solonor who had taught us how to use archery in the first place, gave us other abilities working together with our Creator, teaching us how to let our arrows split into many to hit multiple targets at once. Working with Aerdrie Faenya, lady of air and wind, as well as Sehanine Moonbow, The mystic Seer, The creator and Solonor taught us how to let our arrows fly so that our accuracy is near perfect, bypassing much that would normally stop an arrow.

It is because of these gifts from the holy Saladerine that we give thanks and honor them for it. They were the ones who taught us how to use our gifts, and it is by using them, that we honor them. It is because that we are children of the Saladerine that we can use these gifts, no non elf may use the gifts for it is only us that the Saladerine have allowed to use.
Go to Top of Page

Knight of the Gate
Senior Scribe

USA
624 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2009 :  21:52:02  Show Profile Send Knight of the Gate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just read this thread for the first time. In re- the Justice of Weald and Woe, I took a peek @ CoR and found this:

'This PrC was born from the EV because of its special needs, and the EV remains the PRIMARY source of its training' -CoR p51 para.2

(abbreviations and caps mine)

Which would indicate that other groups do indeed teach (and thuse likely support) Justices.

Just saw a chance to clear up a point of lore: Not trying to re-ignite any acrimony.

How can life be so bountiful, providing such sublime rewards for mediocrity? -Umberto Ecco
Go to Top of Page

Herkles
Seeker

82 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2009 :  16:52:03  Show Profile  Visit Herkles's Homepage Send Herkles a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What do the sages here think of my myth thing I came up with. I am working on some other lore on them, will post it up when I am done.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2009 :  17:50:31  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love it.

It supports my own concept that the PrC (or 'special training', for those preferring a fluffier term) actually came first, and the Eldreth Veluthra was a group of extremists that grew out of that.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Bladewind
Master of Realmslore

Netherlands
1280 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2009 :  13:30:27  Show Profile Send Bladewind a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In my view arcane archery is largely based on a state of mind, a stance and specialy adapted components. The draw-pull of the arrow and string is the respectively somatic and verbal component of "catching" the arcane or weave energy required to enchant the arrow. The stance is loosely relaxed and hardly noticable but allows for steady rhythmic bowshots. The state of mind is to be one with the bow, to feel the paths of the arrow before they are shot.

"Draw" "Pull" "Twang"
Gather -- Concentrate -- Direct

My campaign sketches

Druidic Groves

Creature Feature: Giant Spiders
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: