Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Anyone here attending NYCC this weekend
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2009 :  18:55:01  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello all,

I don't know who is from the new york area. Is anyone going to the New York City Comic Con this weekend http://www.nycomiccon.com/App/homepage.cfm?moduleid=2577&appname=100453 ?

I am going to be there with my beautiful wife

Anyone else going? Anyone want to meet?

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2009 :  22:51:31  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Depends...

How beautiful is she?

Just joking.. I wish I had the cash to go to a con right now, but things are tight. I'm hoping to be able to make it to Gencon this year, but I seriously doubt it.

Not on a fixed income.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2009 :  03:44:00  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's hoping that the economic stimulus package goes through (and the rumored $2500 check that comes with it)!

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2009 :  04:03:32  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-I'm going maybe. I need to talk to my girlfriend about it. I saw the guest list, though. The Bushwackers? The Storm Trooper who said, "These aren't the Droids we're looking for"? How can anyone *not* want to go!?

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium

Edited by - Lord Karsus on 05 Feb 2009 04:04:42
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2009 :  14:48:27  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dagnirion

-I'm going maybe. I need to talk to my girlfriend about it.

Sounds like a plan.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2009 :  15:56:06  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Yeah, we'll be there, then, I guess.

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2009 :  16:20:09  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I should be there on Saturday for the afternoon, if things work out. Run!
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2009 :  18:03:32  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Garen Thal

Dang it! I can't make the 1100 mile trip to get my Pathfinder Adventure signed now...

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2009 :  18:34:10  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

quote:

Dang it! I can't make the 1100 mile trip to get my Pathfinder Adventure signed now...
So sorry.

I offer a service whereby I will gladly accept a fully-funded trip to GenCon in exchange for a thirty-minute autograph session on Wednesday evening or Monday morning. ;-)
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2009 :  18:35:21  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I offer a service whereby I will gladly accept a fully-funded trip to GenCon in exchange for a thirty-minute autograph session on Wednesday evening or Monday morning. ;-)

Maybe not fully-funded, but I could definitely by you a meal!

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2009 :  02:57:48  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Ended up not going, partially due to my own procrastination, and partially due to my reluctance to go to any type of convention things. Instead, me, my sister and my girlfriend went to go see Hamlet that was advertised as as Japanese Noh, but actually was just in Japanese, in a dancing, avant-garde type of way at THIS PLACE.

Elves of Faerūn

Edited by - Lord Karsus on 09 Feb 2009 02:58:53
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2009 :  04:56:37  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
just read a bit about it at this blog

http://www.critical-hits.com/2009/02/08/dungeons-dragons-at-new-york-comic-con-09/

Has a couple of snapshots of the 4E Gnome from the upcoming PHB2
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2009 :  07:59:13  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scererar

just read a bit about it at this blog

http://www.critical-hits.com/2009/02/08/dungeons-dragons-at-new-york-comic-con-09/

Has a couple of snapshots of the 4E Gnome from the upcoming PHB2

-Interesting article. Thanks for posting it.

BRIMSTONE

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2009 :  18:09:53  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
NYCC was fantastic.

Ofcourse I kept missing the panels I wanted to go to.

WOTC had a good booth, but I didn't spend much time there. it was $E all over the place. There was plenty else to do, and I decided not to spend three hours playing $E.

Wotc revealed a good bit at thier panel, I am just finding myself increasingly uninterested in anything having to do with $e.

I realized this when my wife excitedly told me the designers were at the WOTC booth. I talked to them all last year enthusiastically, but this year I felt it was better to avoid.

Not much to report since the link above gave out all the information.

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000