Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Sehanine and Angharradh
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Herkles
Seeker

82 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2009 :  17:38:19  Show Profile  Visit Herkles's Homepage Send Herkles a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello, I have a question regarding Angharradh and Sehanine moonbow. From what I have gathered from reading various sources, moon elves believe that Angharradh and not Sehanine is the consort of Correllon. I am wondering though about the priests and priestess of Sehanine, those that are moon elves. Since Sehanine is part of the triune goddess, how do they go about worshiping her? do they view them as separate deities or as a combination of the 3 deities that make Angharradh up?

Thank you for any help you can offer me.

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2009 :  17:54:09  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's sort of like the Judeo-Christian pantheon if you think about it. Putting a particular emphasis on 'God' and choosing not to see the divinity of Christ makes you one religion, raising the image of Mary in status makes you another, focusing only on the Son, etc.

So this DM rules that followers of Sehanine officially worship Sehanine as their primary deity, and merely pay respect to Angharradh as but another deity in the pantheon, focusing on Sehanine's individual attributes rather than those of Angarradh. Of course, the ideas would differ from sect to sect. Perhaps some followers refuse to acknowledge Sehanine's part in the Triune Goddess - or merely ignore it as only being secondary to her true form.

So (like the answers to questions about anything elven), when you ask how they go about worshipping her, the answer is a resounding 'yes'. :D

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm
Go to Top of Page

Afetbinttuzani
Senior Scribe

Canada
434 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2009 :  19:29:18  Show Profile  Visit Afetbinttuzani's Homepage Send Afetbinttuzani a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Where would I find information about this triune relationship?

Afet bint Tuzanķ

"As the good Archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself."
- Danilo Thann in Elfsong by Elaine Cunningham
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2009 :  19:41:47  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Afetbinttuzani

Demihuman Deities. It was the third of the deity books of 2E, the others being Faiths & Avatars and Powers & Pantheons. They are the best sources for info on the deities of the Realms.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2009 :  22:59:35  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Afetbinttuzani

Demihuman Deities. It was the third of the deity books of 2E, the others being Faiths & Avatars and Powers & Pantheons. They are the best sources for info on the deities of the Realms.

On Hallowed Ground has a little useful info as well.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2009 :  19:00:46  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I also reference Elaine Cunningham's Evermeet, which explains the direct circumstances around which the deities came together.

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2009 :  22:43:47  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-And, of course, Elves of Faerūn compiles all of that.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000