Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Sehanine and Angharradh

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Herkles Posted - 03 Feb 2009 : 17:38:19
Hello, I have a question regarding Angharradh and Sehanine moonbow. From what I have gathered from reading various sources, moon elves believe that Angharradh and not Sehanine is the consort of Correllon. I am wondering though about the priests and priestess of Sehanine, those that are moon elves. Since Sehanine is part of the triune goddess, how do they go about worshiping her? do they view them as separate deities or as a combination of the 3 deities that make Angharradh up?

Thank you for any help you can offer me.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lord Karsus Posted - 05 Feb 2009 : 22:43:47
-And, of course, Elves of Faerūn compiles all of that.
Arion Elenim Posted - 04 Feb 2009 : 19:00:46
I also reference Elaine Cunningham's Evermeet, which explains the direct circumstances around which the deities came together.
The Sage Posted - 03 Feb 2009 : 22:59:35
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Afetbinttuzani

Where would I find information about this triune relationship?

Demihuman Deities. It was the third of the deity books of 2E, the others being Faiths & Avatars and Powers & Pantheons. They are the best sources for info on the deities of the Realms.

On Hallowed Ground has a little useful info as well.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 03 Feb 2009 : 19:41:47
quote:
Originally posted by Afetbinttuzani

Demihuman Deities. It was the third of the deity books of 2E, the others being Faiths & Avatars and Powers & Pantheons. They are the best sources for info on the deities of the Realms.
Afetbinttuzani Posted - 03 Feb 2009 : 19:29:18
Arion Elenim Posted - 03 Feb 2009 : 17:54:09
It's sort of like the Judeo-Christian pantheon if you think about it. Putting a particular emphasis on 'God' and choosing not to see the divinity of Christ makes you one religion, raising the image of Mary in status makes you another, focusing only on the Son, etc.

So this DM rules that followers of Sehanine officially worship Sehanine as their primary deity, and merely pay respect to Angharradh as but another deity in the pantheon, focusing on Sehanine's individual attributes rather than those of Angarradh. Of course, the ideas would differ from sect to sect. Perhaps some followers refuse to acknowledge Sehanine's part in the Triune Goddess - or merely ignore it as only being secondary to her true form.

So (like the answers to questions about anything elven), when you ask how they go about worshipping her, the answer is a resounding 'yes'. :D

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000