Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Request for Assistance
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ifthir
Learned Scribe

USA
111 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2009 :  21:51:00  Show Profile  Visit Ifthir's Homepage Send Ifthir a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Greetings scribes, I am hoping for some clarification on some things.

Currently, I am creating my master list of Templates, and I was wondering if what I have so far is correct. I am not looking to know which ones are missing, but rather, are the entries in the list below all Templates?

Archlich
(?)Augmented
(?)Banelich
Baelnorn
(?)Death Knight
Demi-lich
Dracolich
(?)Draconic
(?)Dragonborn
Dread Wraith
Ghost
Half-fiend
Illithilich
Lich
Mummy
Shadow-walker
(?)Telthor
Vampire
Werebadger
Werebat
Werebear
Wereboar
Wererat
Weretiger
Werewolf
Were-wolverine

Thanks in advance for any help!

Daviot
Senior Scribe

USA
372 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2009 :  23:51:03  Show Profile  Visit Daviot's Homepage Send Daviot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Werecreatures are indeed templates, and the 3.5e Dragonborn require a "previous" race, so it's a wierd hybrid of template and race. Banelich, Death Knight, Draconic Creature, and Telthor (Spirit Creature) are indeed templates.

However, "Augmented" is not a template. It's a creature descriptor (i.e. [Augmented]) indicating, usually, that the creature's type has been changed through application of an effect or template. For instance, familiars are magical beast with the [augmented animal] sub-type.

Hope that helps!

One usually has far more to fear from the soft-spoken wizard with a blade and well-worn boots than from the boisterous one in the ivory tower.
My Tabletop Writing CV.
Go to Top of Page

Sian
Senior Scribe

Denmark
596 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2009 :  08:25:49  Show Profile  Visit Sian's Homepage Send Sian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
your missing the obivious Celestial and fiendish :) ... and the elven werewolf lychari (can't remember how it's spelled)

what happened to the queen? she's much more hysterical than usual
She's a women, it happens once a month
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2009 :  15:42:59  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sian

your missing the obivious Celestial and fiendish :) ... and the elven werewolf lychari (can't remember how it's spelled)

Lythari

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2009 :  15:49:21  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sian

Lythari.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Sian
Senior Scribe

Denmark
596 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2009 :  15:54:50  Show Profile  Visit Sian's Homepage Send Sian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
well ... going from memory, knowing that i haven't seen it spelled for proberly a year it was fairly close

what happened to the queen? she's much more hysterical than usual
She's a women, it happens once a month
Go to Top of Page

bitter thorn
Learned Scribe

USA
184 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2009 :  01:49:52  Show Profile  Visit bitter thorn's Homepage Send bitter thorn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is already a list of templates in PDF available.

http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/index.php

"Nobody listens to the Ranger!"

Our groups are all sticking with 3.X classic Realms.

Edited by - bitter thorn on 03 Feb 2009 03:32:58
Go to Top of Page

GoCeraf
Learned Scribe

147 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2009 :  02:05:13  Show Profile  Visit GoCeraf's Homepage Send GoCeraf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Demilich may not be a template, but rather a stand-alone monster. It's the product of a lich that lives so long and becomes so powerful that it's previous abilities are a moot point.

Dread wraith isn't a template either, I think. It's an advanced wraith.

Being sarcastic can be more telling than simply telling.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000