Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Would you go to the Realms if you could?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2009 :  19:10:14  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Another thread - at WotC - got me thinking about this.

If a portal opened-up in front of you, and you could just step through into the Realms... would you?

Orcs, Drow, Beholders, Evil Wizards, Dragons, liches... even Dragon-liches!

Would you leave your nice, comfortable, cozy modern life behind just to see it?

I realize being able to get back is a big determining factor here, so I would also add-in that you wouldn't be able to, or at least you weren't sure if you could. You'd just step through, with NO gaurantees.

No money, no job, in the middle of nowhere (or even inside a city like Waterdeep)... how much 'fun' would an adventure be then?

Everyone here likes to talk about how much we love the Realms, but do we love it enough to actually want to live there?

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 21 Jan 2009 19:11:08

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2009 :  19:34:51  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Heck yes! I wouldnt care If I had a way back. I would want to got to Silverymoon and the Silver Marches.

BRIMSTONE

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Calen
Acolyte

Canada
14 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2009 :  19:35:37  Show Profile  Visit Calen's Homepage Send Calen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Considering the knowledge I have about the realms through roleplaying and reading, I would not be able to hold myself back. I don't think it would be much of a problem to find work and get a life started there, we all know where to go to find reputable people, and our advanced knowledge of science would be a great asset. That alone would give a good foundation for building relationships with people in the realms. I would just find some mundane job to get off the ground then when enough money is saved I would buy a sword or attempt to apprentice myself to a mage. As for joining a temple, I believe that the knowledge of the pantheon gleaned from being a reader and gamer would far outweigh the knowledge of a fresh intitiate of any church
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2009 :  19:40:25  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd jump through. The only thing I'd miss (besides friends and family) would be my laptop.

Heck, I'd even try to get a hold of Brimmy while there to see what Undermountain's really like...

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2009 :  19:46:52  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Remember I am A follower of Cyric.

-Undermountain would scare me in real life, unless I had some kinda Automatic Weapon, and around 20,000 rounds of Ammo.

-Waterdeep would be fun. I would want to cahse an Elven Wench around. Watch her be an Arch-Mage and turn my little *** into a frog or something and then step on me. (splat)

BRIMSTONE

Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2009 :  19:47:48  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would make sure to get all of my interior maps for the darkhold, menzoberranzan, etc, and be sure to sell them to waterdeep, cormyr, or the harpers.

I would definitely go, unless it meant leaving my wife behind.

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...
Go to Top of Page

dwarvenranger
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2009 :  19:48:28  Show Profile  Visit dwarvenranger's Homepage Send dwarvenranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dude, I'd write a note to my family and friends, grab my gold and silver coins, my spear, throwing axes, a sword, a couple of daggers, my chain shirt, my chest with my garb in it, and me and my warfer would be gone. I am so headed to Silverymoon. The chance to be able to skewer some fools that desperately need it is just too good to pass up.

If I waited till I knew what I was doing, I'd never get anything done.

Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2009 :  19:50:47  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mournblade

I would make sure to get all of my interior maps for the darkhold, menzoberranzan, etc, and be sure to sell them to waterdeep, cormyr, or the harpers.

I would definitely go, unless it meant leaving my wife behind.

-Take her with you.

BRIMSTONE

Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2009 :  19:51:52  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dwarvenranger

Dude, I'd write a note to my family and friends, grab my gold and silver coins, my spear, throwing axes, a sword, a couple of daggers, my chain shirt, my chest with my garb in it, and me and my warfer would be gone. I am so headed to Silverymoon. The chance to be able to skewer some fools that desperately need it is just too good to pass up.

-Spoken like a TRUE DWARF!

BRIMSTONE

Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

dwarvenranger
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2009 :  19:54:52  Show Profile  Visit dwarvenranger's Homepage Send dwarvenranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

quote:
Originally posted by dwarvenranger

-Spoken like a TRUE DWARF!

Ha, why thank you, Brimstone

BRIMSTONE

Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2009 :  20:03:12  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-My first ever Realms character (D&D character that is) was a female dwarf. I have much love for the stout folk. Yes my first Realms novel in 96 was the Halflings Gem. So I started with RA, and with Dwarves!

BRIMSTONE

Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Kiaransalyn
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
762 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2009 :  20:04:49  Show Profile Send Kiaransalyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

If a portal opened-up in front of you, and you could just step through into the Realms... would you?

I realize being able to get back is a big determining factor here, so I would also add-in that you wouldn't be able to, or at least you weren't sure if you could. You'd just step through, with NO gaurantees.

No money, no job, in the middle of nowhere (or even inside a city like Waterdeep)... how much 'fun' would an adventure be then?

Everyone here likes to talk about how much we love the Realms, but do we love it enough to actually want to live there?

I would stay here. Having moved from England to the Netherlands and now to Germany, I know what it is like to go from one culture to another and have to learn another language.

I've also been jobless with no money and it really sucks.

Now, if I could enter the Realms with a few things in my favour like some money, some class levels and 100% certain that I could speak the language then it might be different. As it is, none or very few of us choose to play level one Commoners for fun. I'd hate to do it for real.

Especially since I'm not common.

Death is Life
Love is Hate
Revenge is Forgiveness

Ken: You from the States?
Jimmy: Yeah. But don't hold it against me.
Ken: I'll try not to... Just try not to say anything too loud or crass.

Edited by - Kiaransalyn on 21 Jan 2009 20:06:40
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2009 :  20:22:10  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think Kiaransalyn is the ONLY person being honest here.

I think the first time you saw an Orc coming at you you'd crap yourself... and that's just an Orc! Can you imagine living in a world with reptiles the size of buildings? With monsters and Mages being able to shoot 'beams' and destroy stuff instantly and completely?

Resurrection is a plus... but would you really want to die and take that chance?

Vampirism, Lycanthropy, Abolethic 'Scumism', Undeath... all sorts of horrible things that can happen to you, and humans are WAY down near the bottom of the food-chain on a fantasy world.

Not to mention slavery...

Cutesy Elves and Halflings, and even Grumpy Dwarves might seem like great fun to 'hang-with', but would you really want to hang around with people who look down at you (even if you are physically looking down at them)? You'd be the target of racist group like the Eldreth Veluthra...

I don't know... I think it's a lot of fun reading about and playing in the Realms - along with other Fantasy Worlds - but living in a 'medieval setting' with things like the plague, famine, and barbarian hordes (most not-human!) isn't fun AT ALL. You probably wouldn't last a week, or even a day.

Oh, and tech doesn't work on Toril, nor do firearms, so thats out - nice try.

I should also point out that I didn't say you'd have ANY preparation - the portal opens RIGHT NOW, wherever you are and are reading this.

And if you tried to use all your meta-gaming knowledge about important people, don't you think the 'good guys' as well as the 'bad guys' would be after you? I think opening your mouth about anything you shouldn't know about would get you into LOADS of trouble.

It seems that most of you are just saying 'Heck, YEAH!' without really thinking this through - it will NOT be fun, AT ALL. Life is hard without technology, and it is MUCH harder on a world filled with monsters. You want to eat? You need to go out and kill something... and in the Realms, there are just as many things hunting YOU.

No Starbucks, no Cinnabunz, no designer jeans and heavy, insulated winter coats with zippers...

You need to chop firewood to keep warm...

I think I'd run as far away from that portal as me feet would carry me...

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 22 Jan 2009 18:29:30
Go to Top of Page

ErskineF
Learned Scribe

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2009 :  20:23:47  Show Profile  Visit ErskineF's Homepage Send ErskineF a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kiaransalyn

I would stay here. Having moved from England to the Netherlands and now to Germany, I know what it is like to go from one culture to another and have to learn another language.

What? You mean people in Faerun don't speak English!?

It's pretty funny that no one else considered the language barrier. Leave it to a European.

I wouldn't go. I have two children to raise, and that's a scary enough job here on Earth. :)

quote:
As it is, none or very few of us choose to play level one Commoners for fun. I'd hate to do it for real.

Especially since I'm not common.

I'm sure that many here could qualify as Experts with maxxed out ranks in Knowledge (Arcana), Knowledge (Geography), Knowledge (History), Knowledge (Religion), Knowledge (Gaming), etc.

--
Erskine Fincher
http://forgotten-realms.wandering-dwarf.com/index.php
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3737 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2009 :  20:31:49  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-No, no I would not.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

ranger_of_the_unicorn_run
Learned Scribe

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2009 :  20:51:32  Show Profile Send ranger_of_the_unicorn_run a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I probably wouldn't but only because I couldn't leave my family behind. I have a life here, and it would mean starting all over without knowing anyone. So while I like the concept, as a person with friends and family, it wouldn't work for me.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2009 :  21:08:48  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
On a one-way ticket? Nope. As Kia pointed out, there are the issues of not necessarily being able to speak the language and having no means of support. Also, I've no desire to leave my wife, my friends, my home, my car, my books, and the internet behind. I am too fond of my creature comforts to want to trade them away.

Now, with the option of returning, I'd be more interested. If I could return, and I didn't have to worry about language or supporting myself, then yeah, I'd take a vacation there. Assuming it was to pre-Sellplague times, of course.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2009 :  21:14:10  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't, but my alter-ego would.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 21 Jan 2009 21:16:27
Go to Top of Page

Aureus
Learned Scribe

Luxembourg
125 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2009 :  23:16:35  Show Profile Send Aureus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd get my brothers, cousins and friends and march right through it.
A life of adventure in a world of mysteries, to survive only by the strength of your arm and the keeness of your mind, oh yes I definatly would.
And about the way back, well, if there is way to Faerun, there is one to Earth, you just need to find it

Edit: Why exactly does our Tech not work there?

That is not the weirdest thing that happened to me

Edited by - Aureus on 21 Jan 2009 23:17:57
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2009 :  23:20:36  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
An intriguing question Markus...
quote:

Another thread - at WotC - got me thinking about this.

That would depend on whether I consciously knew it led directly to the Realms.
quote:

I can't say for certain. If Narnra and the Lady K were with them also, then, probably. If not, and I encountered the portal alone, I'd have to say no -- unless I knew of someway to get back to Earth.
quote:
Of course, there's also no guarantee that you won't be able to find your way back to Earth once you're in the Realms -- given the portals that once existed between the two worlds.
quote:
Heh. I jokingly refer to myself as a Level 5 programmer in D&D terms, but I doubt such a profession would have much relevance in the Realms. Given that particular job however, and the general skills I must employ, I think I could find some way to be useful. Say among Deneir or Oghma's low clergy perhaps... organising and compiling piles of information, much like a programmer would organise and compile piles of code.
quote:

So long as some of the conditions I detailed above were met to my satisfaction, I'd say yes.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Nerfed2Hell
Senior Scribe

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2009 :  23:32:38  Show Profile  Visit Nerfed2Hell's Homepage Send Nerfed2Hell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
With my knowledge of the Realms, I could easily jump right in.

Communication? Easy, find a wizard who can cast the Tongues spell and offer to trade knowledge for an amulet or ring that has with permanent Tongues ability.
Money? Once I can communicate freely, I can get any old job until I find a way to make a profit from my 21st century earth knowledge.
Religion? Meh... I can easily fall in with several.
Friends? Remembering key NPCs of the Realms for fun and profit... especially fun. If things ever get too dreary, I take a trip to Shadowdale, find Elminster (or leave a message), and ask how Mr. Greenwood is doing since his last visit? Since precious few people from the Realms should know of him, the reference should get his attention pretty quick.

Some people are like a slinky... not good for much, but when you push them down the stairs, it makes you smile.
Go to Top of Page

dwarvenranger
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2009 :  23:42:24  Show Profile  Visit dwarvenranger's Homepage Send dwarvenranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I think the first time you saw an Orc coming at you you'd crap yourself... and that's just an Orc! Can you imagine living in a world with reptiles the size of buildings? With monsters and Mages being able to shoot 'beams' and destroy stuff instantly and completely?

Resurrection is a plus... but would you really want to die and take that chance?

Vampirism, Lycanthropy, Abolethic 'Scumism', Undeath... all sorts of horrible things that can happen to you, and humans are WAY down near the bottom of the food-chain on a fantasy world.

Not to mention slavery...

Cutesy Elves and Halflings, and even Grumpy Dwarves might seem like great fun to 'hang-with', but would you really want to hang around with people who look down at you (even if you are physically looking down at them)? You'd be the target of racist group like the Eldreth Veluthra...

I don't know... I think it's a lot of fun reading about and playing in the Realms - along with other Fantasy Worlds - but living in a 'medieval setting' with things like the plague, famine, and barabarian hordes (most not-human!) isn't fun AT ALL. You probaly wouldn'y last a week, or even a day.

Oh, and tech doiesn't work on Toril, nor do firearms, so thats out - nice try.

I should also point out that I didn't say you'd have ANY preparation - the portal opemns RIGHT NOW, wherever you are and are reading this.

And if you tried to use all you meta-gaming knowledge about important peopole, don't you think the 'good guys' as well as the 'bad guys' would be after you? I think opening your mouth about anything you shouldn't know about would get you into LOADS of trouble.

It seems that most of you are just saying 'Heck, YEAH!' without really thinking this through - it will NOT be fun, AT ALL. Life is hard without technology, and it is MUCH harder on a world filled with monsters. You want to eat? You need to go out and kill something... and in the Realms, there are just as many things hunting YOU.

No Starbucks, no Cinnabunz, no designer jeans and heavy, insulated winter coats with zippers...

You need to chop firewood to keep warm...

I think I'd run as far away from that portal as me feet would carry me...

First, Markus you don't know me so to call me a liar is uncalled for. I know it was not intended to be an insult, but I meant what I said, when I said I'd go.
So the portal opens right now, I have what 5 seconds? I'm still gone. My dog is almost always at my side, unless I'm in a store that doesn't allow dogs. I always have 40 feet of paracord , 2 folding knives and a lighter on me wherever I go. I would feel somewhat bad that my family wouldn't know what happened to me, but that's the breaks.
See for me the idea of being in a time and place where honor means something, where a man has the ability to take his own fortune and forge ahead has an undeniable appeal. I could care less about all the niceties you speak of. Where if I'm attacked I can defend myself and not have to worry about being sued because I hurt the guy who was attempting to take away my right to live. Where I can vent the rage that has built up inside of me on the fool who attempts me harm and not have to worry about using "excessive" violence.
I chop wood now for my backyard fire pit, and no I don't run the heat in the house, I just put on more clothes or a blanket if I'm in bed. Sometimes I just camp in my backyard with what I have on me.
See I understand that yes, most people today could not handle a world like the Realms and I agree that it would be the death of many. I find it sad that we have become a race of sheep.
So enjoy your triple frapadawhateverchinos, with your cinnabunz while wearing your designer jeans, heavy zippered coats and your whatever else makes your life more easy.
You say tech makes life simple, I believe the opposite. It makes life complex and I yearn for a more simple life, as Thoreau said, "simplify, simplify, simplify!".
Stay safe in your pens folks. I understand that some of you cannot make the journey as you have an obligation to your family and I respect that. But not to go, just because it would be hard or you might die? To me those are not valid reasons. As for me, I would love to go hunt. Especially since unlike in this society the skill of a hunter would be celebrated instead of looked down upon.

Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2009 :  00:03:19  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just like Native Americans were wiped out by diseases carried by European explorers, I suspect any modern human travelling to Faerūn would risk contracting an insidious disease or possibly even the opposite. How bad then would you feel if you inadvertently wiped out the folk of Shadowdale because they have no resistance to our common cold?

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

Calen
Acolyte

Canada
14 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2009 :  00:13:30  Show Profile  Visit Calen's Homepage Send Calen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nerfed2Hell

With my knowledge of the Realms, I could easily jump right in.

Communication? Easy, find a wizard who can cast the Tongues spell and offer to trade knowledge for an amulet or ring that has with permanent Tongues ability.
Money? Once I can communicate freely, I can get any old job until I find a way to make a profit from my 21st century earth knowledge.
Religion? Meh... I can easily fall in with several.
Friends? Remembering key NPCs of the Realms for fun and profit... especially fun. If things ever get too dreary, I take a trip to Shadowdale, find Elminster (or leave a message), and ask how Mr. Greenwood is doing since his last visit? Since precious few people from the Realms should know of him, the reference should get his attention pretty quick.

Wholeheartedly agree, we are privy to alot of knowledge that is not common to have in the realms, it could be easily traded to gain money and ammenities. As for day to day demands of life, I grew up hunting, both rifle and bow although the rifle would obviously not count, and chopping wood to stay warm during cold Manitoba winters. It would be a saturn return for me. My current job keeps me pretty physically fit, and I know how to handle a sword to some degree (that does not mean I would be foolishly picking fights wherever I go), even if some of my characters do. Taking the hardships into consideration, I would be happy to hop through. Knowledge of science does not necessarily mean technical device. Agriculture, chemistry(alchemy), and biology (could be adapted to our knowledge of the monstrous species in the realms), and physics are all examples of sciences that are applied all over the realms. I have seen many a pc die due to lack of knowledge about the creature they are fighting. I have also seen many a low level pc be victorious due to the use of his/her knowledge of what they are fighting.

Edited by - Calen on 22 Jan 2009 00:28:53
Go to Top of Page

Brynweir
Senior Scribe

USA
436 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2009 :  00:20:05  Show Profile Send Brynweir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If I could take my family - maybe. If I could take them AND be my character there.... probably. I was raised in the woods, and I'm pretty confident that I could handle myself for a time and learn to fight well (a football team worth of siblings will teach ya how to fight dirty). Since I don't really like other people, I'm not sure that the language barrier would be too much of a problem . If I had to leave my family I would have to say a definite no.

::Sigh:: I'd miss my laptop, too, but I'd get over it.

Anyone who likes to read something that's really dark and gritty and completely awesome ought to read The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks. You can check out a little taste at www.BrentWeeks.com I should probably warn you, though, that it is definitely not PG-13 :-D

He also started a new Trilogy with Black Prism, which may even surpass the Night Angel Trilogy in its awesomeness.

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2009 :  01:05:02  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I can understand why dwarvenranger took offense to this--just because someone gave a different answer then you think is reasonable doesn't mean they weren't being honest.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

see
Learned Scribe

235 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2009 :  01:06:47  Show Profile Send see a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hell, no. Too many RSEs. I'd rather not get killed just because TSR/WotC/Hasbro decides to shake up the setting again.
Go to Top of Page

ranger_of_the_unicorn_run
Learned Scribe

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2009 :  01:21:01  Show Profile Send ranger_of_the_unicorn_run a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now that was the best answer I've seen yet.
Go to Top of Page

Nerfed2Hell
Senior Scribe

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2009 :  01:38:21  Show Profile  Visit Nerfed2Hell's Homepage Send Nerfed2Hell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WotC doesn't control the Realms... they only wreck what's happening to the sourcebooks about the Realms.

Some people are like a slinky... not good for much, but when you push them down the stairs, it makes you smile.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2009 :  03:30:35  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nerfed2Hell

Out of curiosity, how do you propose to find this wizard, impress him with your knowledge, negotiate with him, and then seal the deal -- all while being unable to communicate with him?

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3737 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2009 :  04:03:10  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Reading this, MT, I am suddenly reminded of an "exchange of thoughts" behind introducing navy SEALs into the Forgotten Realms. Good job, MT, good job.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page