Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Eladrin help
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kenryoku_one
Acolyte

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2008 :  03:19:49  Show Profile  Visit kenryoku_one's Homepage Send kenryoku_one a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I just started a campaign playing an Eladrin Rogue and I had initially stated my birthplace as Evermeet. I hadn't realized that Evermeet has drastically changed since 3.5. And seeing as how there are bonuses(bonusi?) given for your homeland I would really like to choose one that fits in for my character.
So what I need is a good Eladrin homeland far from The Sea of Fallen Stars and preferably metropolitan( not woodland).

Any help in this area is greatly appreciated!

"Do keep ever present in your thoughts, my friend, that an illusion can kill you if you believe in it." -Jarlaxle

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2008 :  10:28:26  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Baldur's Gate, Waterdeep, the Gray Vale, aso are told to be quite important "nests of eladrins". And What about Myth Drannor or Evereska ?

"Today is a good day to smile",
Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

- Fight in the arena and have fun ! :
La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2008 :  17:34:41  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm going to toss out Luruar (Silverymoon): with its rich history of cooperation between eladrin/elves, humans, dwarves, etc., very metropolitan/progressive.

(Also a personal fav. )

Perhaps your rogue is a disgruntled/disowned son/daughter of members of the Silverymoon Spellguard, who hasn't the slightest talent for the magic wielded by his parents/ancestry? Just a thought.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2008 :  17:54:44  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
moon elves or sun elves.
eladrin does not roll off the tongue, it sounds like a blunt instrument
and how old is this character??

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

kenryoku_one
Acolyte

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2008 :  20:48:06  Show Profile  Visit kenryoku_one's Homepage Send kenryoku_one a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the replies everybody. Here's a little background on my character:
He is the 5th son of a Noble house, High Dex and Char, troublemaker who tried to steal from a local wizard and failed to talk his way out of it. So he ran away and is currently in Algarond. That's why I need to make his homeland far from the Sea of falling stars.

I'm not set on the age though, 50 or 60?

"Do keep ever present in your thoughts, my friend, that an illusion can kill you if you believe in it." -Jarlaxle

Edited by - kenryoku_one on 11 Nov 2008 20:51:19
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2008 :  21:07:39  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, if he's a noble scion, then his family was probably based somewhere like Myth Drannor or Evereska. That doesn't mean he would have to have grown up there--a 5th noble son might easily be a ward of some human family (based in Luruar or Cormyr or even so far as Waterdeep), or attached to a diplomatic envoy, or perhaps he has a reputation for dishonesty and roguish behavior, so out of embarassment his family sent him somewhere far away (I mean before he stole the thing that got him running)?

Meaning, in short, pick whatever background you want, then craft a sensible story around it (we'll help!).

It's my opinion that your background should reflect where your character grows up (i.e., his main attitude/worldview) rather than where he is *technically* from. Could even be the mean streets of Luskan!

Sky's the limit, really.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2008 :  09:34:26  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kenryoku_one

Thanks for the replies everybody. Here's a little background on my character:
He is the 5th son of a Noble house, High Dex and Char, troublemaker who tried to steal from a local wizard and failed to talk his way out of it. So he ran away and is currently in Algarond. That's why I need to make his homeland far from the Sea of falling stars.

I'm not set on the age though, 50 or 60?

well the spell plague took evermeet to the feywild and a carbon copy is left in its place.

so evermeet is far away from the sea of falling stars, it just takes a wizard of planar walking ability to get there and back. or use portals....

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

kenryoku_one
Acolyte

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2008 :  16:38:06  Show Profile  Visit kenryoku_one's Homepage Send kenryoku_one a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I think Evereska fits the best. I'm going to ask my DM if I can use that and the regional benefits from somewhere else.

Thank you everybody.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000