Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 D&D 3.0 printings
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rabindranath72
Acolyte

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2008 :  15:02:56  Show Profile  Visit rabindranath72's Homepage Send rabindranath72 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Does anyone know how many printing were issued of the core books? I only own the 3.0 PHB 2nd printing, and I am looking for the DMG and MM, but I have not had any luck until now. Do these exist at all?

Thanks,
Antonio

Failure is an option

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2008 :  15:51:03  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As always, eBay is your friend.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

rabindranath72
Acolyte

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2008 :  15:54:23  Show Profile  Visit rabindranath72's Homepage Send rabindranath72 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

As always, eBay is your friend.

Eh thanks :)
Actually, I have contacted about...20 sellers on eBay, and until now, all they had were 1st printings. Hence my original question.

Failure is an option
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2008 :  01:51:51  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-For what it's worth. Don't know if this is helpful, not helpful, whatever, but:

My PHB says: 'First Printing July 2003, Special Edition October 2004

My DMG says: 'First Printing September 2000'

My MM says: 'First Printing September 2000'

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2008 :  05:36:23  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Try asking the scholars at The Acaeum.

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Go to Top of Page

rabindranath72
Acolyte

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2008 :  09:32:28  Show Profile  Visit rabindranath72's Homepage Send rabindranath72 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jamallo Kreen

Try asking the scholars at The Acaeum.

I would, but to them, D&D is anything beyond 1989, sadly :(

Failure is an option
Go to Top of Page

rabindranath72
Acolyte

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2008 :  09:34:39  Show Profile  Visit rabindranath72's Homepage Send rabindranath72 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dagnirion

-For what it's worth. Don't know if this is helpful, not helpful, whatever, but:

My PHB says: 'First Printing July 2003, Special Edition October 2004

My DMG says: 'First Printing September 2000'

My MM says: 'First Printing September 2000'

Thanks! Well, actually this at least tells me that they wrote the printing information in the book. Such is not available, for example, on the FRCS hardback. I got a revised printing, but I had to ask for some of the changes in the book.
I got a very nice 2nd printing of the PHB in mint conditions, it has additional pages taken from Dragon and Dungeon magazine, with Sage Advice, graphical explanations of attacks of opportunity, and a web enhancement with familiars.

Failure is an option
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2008 :  02:52:09  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rabindranath72

Thanks! Well, actually this at least tells me that they wrote the printing information in the book. Such is not available, for example, on the FRCS hardback. I got a revised printing, but I had to ask for some of the changes in the book.
I got a very nice 2nd printing of the PHB in mint conditions, it has additional pages taken from Dragon and Dungeon magazine, with Sage Advice, graphical explanations of attacks of opportunity, and a web enhancement with familiars.

-Books from later printings have additional/revised information? I'm not doubting you, I'm just saying. Never heard of that before. Normally, all that that 'printing run' stuff means is that they premade X amount of copies, and they sold all of those, so they needed to make Y amount of copies to make sure all of their orders were met.

-Also, note, my PHB is actually 3.5e. I use the 3e and 3.5e stuff interchangeably, so I forgot to mention it.

Elves of Faerūn

Edited by - Lord Karsus on 07 Nov 2008 02:53:08
Go to Top of Page

rabindranath72
Acolyte

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2008 :  12:02:36  Show Profile  Visit rabindranath72's Homepage Send rabindranath72 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

-Books from later printings have additional/revised information? I'm not doubting you, I'm just saying. Never heard of that before. Normally, all that that 'printing run' stuff means is that they premade X amount of copies, and they sold all of those, so they needed to make Y amount of copies to make sure all of their orders were met.

-Also, note, my PHB is actually 3.5e. I use the 3e and 3.5e stuff interchangeably, so I forgot to mention it.

I checked my 2nd printing PHB, and it contains all the updates that were reported in the errata documents on the WotC website (and they were A LOT). It also included additional pages. The printing is clearly marked at the bottom of the first page.
Back in the days, I checked the first printings of the PHB, and they contained all those errors; which led me to buy the italian translations, which were printed later and included (part of) the errata.

I also recently got a FRCS 2nd printing, and it contains ALL the rules updates on the WotC website. But there is no printing information on the book that I can see, so I do not know whether there is a way of checking (except by checking that those errors are not there!)

Both books are things of beauty :)

Now, if only I can find updated the revised DMG and MM...

Failure is an option
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2008 :  17:31:59  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Wow...Of all the time I've spent on D&D sites, I've never heard anyone mention anything like that before. Go figure.

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000