Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Looking for source material on the Holy Realm
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ardashir
Senior Scribe

USA
544 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2008 :  16:22:08  Show Profile  Visit Ardashir's Homepage Send Ardashir a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi all,

I've read about the Holy Realm in Champions of Valor several times and am wondering if anything has ever been written about it anywhere else.

Basically, a group of local clerics (of Lathander, Chauntea, Helm, Sune, and Nobanion, as I recall) were looking to found a new kingdom in some unclaimed land near Turmish in the Vilhon. They were depicted as a patron for adventurers and the whole thing looked pretty good to me. I would just like to know if anything else has ever been said about the Realm in other official material.

Thanks for any help.

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2008 :  16:51:00  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't recall seeing anything else about it... I fear this is another plot line that died during the Sellplague.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2008 :  23:21:00  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's been mentioned before. There's about three pages on the Holy Realm in one of the Elminster's Everwinking Eye series -- in the "Turmish" articles [#96, 98, 101, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107 and 108]. I don't recall which issue though, and I can't check because I'm away from my copies of POLYHEDON at the moment.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 31 Oct 2008 23:24:26
Go to Top of Page

Akantor
Acolyte

France
24 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2014 :  22:33:27  Show Profile  Visit Akantor's Homepage Send Akantor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anything new since? I'm playing a character who just joined the Fellowship of the Purple staff (in 1374) and I'm wondering how to imagine them. We know that there is 3 settlements, for 900 settlers. But not a lot more.

I choosed to split them in 400 300 200 as they were probably built one after the other. We know they are in north east gulthmere, and have relation and road to Amry and Telpir (a wonderful thank to Markustay for that map http://markustay.deviantart.com/art/Vilhon-Reach-and-Turmish-115351144). So I decided to place the two first settlement at One day of each town and the third at one day of the two first deeper in the forest.

But may be there is more detailed data, or already a fan work?

English is not my primary language so forgive me for any mistake, I do my best (and spend skill point at my next level)

Edited by - Akantor on 16 Aug 2014 22:34:50
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2014 :  03:20:26  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not really, no.

It's probably easiest for you to simply take what we've been given previously, and put your own personal spin on it.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11696 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2014 :  13:20:25  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ardashir

Hi all,

I've read about the Holy Realm in Champions of Valor several times and am wondering if anything has ever been written about it anywhere else.

Basically, a group of local clerics (of Lathander, Chauntea, Helm, Sune, and Nobanion, as I recall) were looking to found a new kingdom in some unclaimed land near Turmish in the Vilhon. They were depicted as a patron for adventurers and the whole thing looked pretty good to me. I would just like to know if anything else has ever been said about the Realm in other official material.

Thanks for any help.

Just to note for clarity, this list of deities involved leaves out Selune. Peronally, I'd throw Lurue into this mix as well, just because she seems to fit the flavor.

From Powers and Pantheons entry on Nobanion, these villagers may come into contact with the village of Gurnth, which is a village of human worshippers of Nobanion (and includes some werelions). Its supposed to be "deep in the Gulthmere" but "near the Machran Spire"... so I'm thinking its in the forest but near the mountains near Amry and Telpir. NOTE: I see an old forum note where Markustay says he saw the exact location of this in the FR interactive atlas, but my copy doesn't have such, so it could canonically be elsewhere. I also went to Markustay's deviant art site to see if he had it on his Vilhon map, and he doesn't.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2014 :  14:26:57  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That map location was picked up by Eric Boyd when he provided two updates for the FR Interactive Atlas, which subsequently were implemented as two patches. I have his notes somewhere in hard copy re the sources off all the map additions but can assure you if he put it in, it exists in the extant realmslore.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Akantor
Acolyte

France
24 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2014 :  17:22:55  Show Profile  Visit Akantor's Homepage Send Akantor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thak you all.

I've found gurnth and Machran Spire on what I think is an abstract of FRIA somewhere on the net. They are west of Cedarspoke and south of Starmantle. So on the opposite side of Gulthmere from the Holy Realm settlements.

Nevertheless, it is said (in Champion of Valor) that Nobanionites and Purple staves have encountered and fought for a short time before allying.

English is not my primary language so forgive me for any mistake, I do my best (and spend skill point at my next level)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000