Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Ancient Elven Lands map?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Razz
Senior Scribe

USA
749 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2014 :  00:44:52  Show Profile Send Razz a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I thought there was a map that showed which regions of Faerun had the locations of the elven kingdoms overlapping current areas of Faerun. I sort of found a map in the "Grand History of the Realms", but it only showed the lower half, from what appears to be Amn/Tethyr on down to the Chultan Peninsula.

Kind of wondering what elven kingdom used to be in the area of Sunset Vale, was it Keltormir?

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2014 :  07:58:02  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, it was located there and through the Heartlands generally. The race to the finish for GHotR was notable for all of the stuff we would have loved to have put in but had neither the time or budget to do so. The -623 DR map for example was given a 48 hour turnaround for comments/alterations before it was 'locked in'. We had a minuscule art budget - which is why all the art is recycled - and let's just say there was more than a small element of ad-hoc about the project. Brian's wonderful core timeline was always the focal point, but the other stuff like the historical vignettes and my monarchies were all churned out in about a month. Good times.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus

Edited by - George Krashos on 28 Jul 2014 07:58:52
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2014 :  19:10:46  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Grand History web enhancement on the Moonshaes includes a map of some elven lands during -11,000 DR.

The article is no longer linked on the WotC website, but you can find it with WaybackMachine: Grand History of the Realms: The Moonshaes

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

Razz
Senior Scribe

USA
749 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2014 :  23:49:00  Show Profile Send Razz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm, looks like Aryvandaar was in the region and not Keltormir.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000