Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Dwarven Campaign.( renamed from Adbar maps)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Iliyan
Acolyte

Croatia
42 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2008 :  09:56:42  Show Profile  Visit Iliyan's Homepage Send Iliyan a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello everyone, I am wondering weather ANYONE has ANY kind of map of Citadel Adbar, Citadel Felbar, Everlund or Sundabar?

I am in quite dire need of all four, however any good maps or writeups dedicated to the locations mentioned will be welcome with a Jar of Cookies and a Keg of Dwarven Ale!

Thank you!

Edited by - Iliyan on 07 Oct 2008 12:45:06

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
730 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2008 :  14:50:04  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For the last two, your best bet outside of the Silver Marches accessory (which I don't own to check in), is the D&D Excerpt: Silver Marches.

Lost for words? Find them in the Glossary of Phrases, Sayings & Words of the Realms
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2008 :  16:19:40  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yep, there are maps of what you are asking for,The Silver Marches sourcebook.
Go to Top of Page

Iliyan
Acolyte

Croatia
42 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2008 :  13:18:36  Show Profile  Visit Iliyan's Homepage Send Iliyan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ahh wondrous! Cookies and Ale for both of you! From what I saw in but a glimpse of the maps, those work quite nicely I'd better go get me the book :)
Once again thank you Kyrene and scererar for the info!

Ok, now to the next point I'd like to debate.
I plan on introducing a somewhat unorthodox event in my Forgotten Realms. I plan on connecting Citadel Adbar, Citadel Felbar and Mithril Hall by restoring The Fardrimm to its former glory! However, this will be a most difficult task, and I'd need some insight on the matter.

Firstly, the PC's will need to ally themselves with one of those 3 strongholds and support one of the three leaders as the so called "leader" of the Shield Dwarves in the Silver Marches. Then, the task of unifying the Dwarves begins... and eventually the main point of the Pc's herein would be to stop a succession war between the Dwarves and either fail, or succeed in restoring the Fardrimm.

How would you deal with the situation? One thought that occurred to me was to found another Citadel on the Fardimm. For both protection and Control of the area.

For those who do not know, The Fardimm is a large part of the Underdark under the Silver Marches, through which dwarves led trade routes in the past.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2008 :  20:27:54  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Lowroad already connects those regions (although its been filled with monsters and what not for centuries), and also connects to Ascore (and beyond), so you might run into some Phaerimm or Tomb-tappers (Thalud).

Also, there were connections to the lost Dwarven/Netherease "City of Rubies", Tzindylspar, which was located in the Nether Mountains. Before it completely collapsed in an earthquake it was over-run with monsters (from the south).

Lots of good things to do in such a campaign.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Iliyan
Acolyte

Croatia
42 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2008 :  12:43:29  Show Profile  Visit Iliyan's Homepage Send Iliyan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Markustay! :D Love your maps!

On Topic: Agree that the Lowroad provides some connection, however the main obstacle the PC's would have to overcome would be this: The Fardrimm doesn't reach Mithril Hall. In between the Fardrimm and Mithril Hall lies a part of the underdark that is literary overrun by various powerful threats, including but not limited to Menzoberanzan... Thus, either a surface route, or a Magical route would have to be established.

I was thinking of steering the Campaign in making a Portal which would connect Mithril Hall and Citadel Felbar( due to better tactical positioning Adbar is not chosen). However the Dwarven distrust of Magic and lack of powerful spellcasters able to accomplish such a act would have to be overcome in order to begin this.

PS: Markustay, have you ever done a map of the Underdark regions of Faerun? The one in "Underdark" *should* be better. Alas it is not.

EDIT: Changed the Scroll name to better reflect the topic.

Edited by - Iliyan on 07 Oct 2008 12:45:43
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2008 :  15:20:54  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you like Underdark maps, you might find what you want in the new Reader's Guide to the Legend of Drizzt. There are some good maps in there.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Nerfed2Hell
Senior Scribe

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2008 :  17:50:47  Show Profile  Visit Nerfed2Hell's Homepage Send Nerfed2Hell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Iliyan

I was thinking of steering the Campaign in making a Portal which would connect Mithril Hall and Citadel Felbar( due to better tactical positioning Adbar is not chosen). However the Dwarven distrust of Magic and lack of powerful spellcasters able to accomplish such a act would have to be overcome in order to begin this.

Dwarves distrust arcane magic, but divine magic from their own gods should be quite acceptable for this. I could see setting up a permanent portal between the two (and possibly spider-webbing out to other citadels) set up by epic level clerics using an epic level spell.

Should things ever progress far enough, you could base an adventure on rediscovering this spell to repair failing portals (or if a new dwarven stronghold is ever established) which would leave gaps in who can get to where. Even if you never plan to progress to epic level play, you can have the players quest for the components for an epic level NPC who is preparing the spell... not that he wouldn't be capable of acquiring all the components, but it would save time if some of the "easier" ones were rounded up by the players.

If the idea of such portals makes the dwarven cities too convenient, you can have the portal function like an extra-dimensional tunnel rather than instantaneous transport and set a defined amount of "marching time" through this tunnel to arrive safely on the other side. Thus, you can have linked dwarf strongholds a day's travel (or more, or less) from each other regardless of physical space.

Some people are like a slinky... not good for much, but when you push them down the stairs, it makes you smile.
Go to Top of Page

Iliyan
Acolyte

Croatia
42 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2008 :  12:59:05  Show Profile  Visit Iliyan's Homepage Send Iliyan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think I'd be happy to solve the situation by allowing Divine Magic to create the portal. It is too easy that way. I'd stick with a arcane portal, and maybe purchasing the services of Alustriel or some of here fellow mages from Silvermoon...
Go to Top of Page

Surly Dwarf
Acolyte

Australia
20 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2008 :  00:09:01  Show Profile  Visit Surly Dwarf's Homepage Send Surly Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think dwarves from any of the 3 cities would be happy with a High King from another city, especially considering that Mithril Hall Dwarves and Dezoun Dwarves are really separate groups.
It was said in some older realms accessories that Harbromm was acknowledged as the leader of the dwarves in the north. The dwarves from Sundabar, Felbar and Adbar would see him as their leader I would think.

No offence to Bob Salvatore but I really hope he stops writing about dwarves, or if he does he should really read some of the old background.

"Governing a large country is like boiling a small fish."
Lao Tzu
Go to Top of Page

Iliyan
Acolyte

Croatia
42 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2008 :  06:39:25  Show Profile  Visit Iliyan's Homepage Send Iliyan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Surly Dwarf

I don't think dwarves from any of the 3 cities would be happy with a High King from another city, especially considering that Mithril Hall Dwarves and Dezoun Dwarves are really separate groups.
It was said in some older realms accessories that Harbromm was acknowledged as the leader of the dwarves in the north. The dwarves from Sundabar, Felbar and Adbar would see him as their leader I would think.

Might I ask where could I find references to that?
Go to Top of Page

Surly Dwarf
Acolyte

Australia
20 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2008 :  09:36:06  Show Profile  Visit Surly Dwarf's Homepage Send Surly Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
According to 'The North' ( worth the free download if you don't have it), " Dwarves acknowledge but one king, Harbromm of Citadel Adbar", it does though follow with " but are more loyal to tribe and clan than to king".
I would say than that Harbromm would be seen as a general head of the Shield Dwarves in the north, but he wouldn't really have the authority to royally order them about, unless they are from Adbar.
If the dwarves of the north ever decided to have a king of sorts it would probably be more of a figurehead position as most of the clans are too independant to be ruled by someone calling themselves king of the dwarves.

"Governing a large country is like boiling a small fish."
Lao Tzu
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000