Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Elmwood.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

WarSlingSniper
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2008 :  15:26:22  Show Profile  Visit WarSlingSniper's Homepage Send WarSlingSniper a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Greetings all,

I'm doing a bit of research on this village on the shores of Moonsea for a little project. I've been scouring through all my D&D-material and found some good information on it (mostly from the 2E "The Moonsea"-supplement.)

However. Upon reading The Grand History of the Realms, I noticed that during 1373 (Year Of The Rogue Dragons,) a band of dragon hunters destroy "The Zhentarim garrison of Elmwood and 3 War Galleys." Doing further research I found out that this event is detailed in the FR novel "The Rage."

Being that I don't really read any of the novels, I think I'm not going to hunt a copy of it in hopes of it containing any notable lore on the town.

So, could someone please answer these questions for me:

1.) Did the Zhents occupy Elmwood? Or just besiege it?

2.) Why did they occupy / besiege it? Elmwood's been always painted as a town with pretty much nothing of interest (apart from the ruins in that certain well ,) I fail to see why the Zhentarim would be interested in it to the extent that they'd send troops (they are rumoured to have an agent there, however.)

3.) Did this event cause any changes to the town? Any notable (well, I think there's a grand total of 5 notable NPC's in the town, as per realmslore...) NPC's missing/dead or anything of that sort?

4.) Where was the mercenary company of dark-skinned men and women when this happened? (Perhaps one of my favorite nonsensical bits of lore ever printed )

Hopefully someone can answer any of those.

Thanks in advance!

-TSS
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000