Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Yondalla paladins
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Marek
Seeker

Italy
52 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2008 :  11:24:06  Show Profile  Visit Marek's Homepage Send Marek a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I couldn't find anything on them, does anybody have anything to share?

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2008 :  14:16:48  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No sources immediately come to mind. And I don't specifically recall anything about them in Demihuman Deities.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 26 Aug 2008 14:18:19
Go to Top of Page

Marek
Seeker

Italy
52 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2008 :  14:24:51  Show Profile  Visit Marek's Homepage Send Marek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do you suggest I ask the man above?
We found info on Arvoreen paladins but it doesn't saying anything about Yondalla's except for the fact that a her clerics can multiclass as paladins.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2008 :  16:13:17  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not sure what source you are looking at.... is it Faiths & Pantheons? Because in Demihuman Deities, she doesn't have paladins listed as a class.....

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Na-Gang
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
348 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2008 :  17:15:21  Show Profile  Visit Na-Gang's Homepage Send Na-Gang a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am aware of their mention on page 26 of the 3E FRCS and the same order is mentioned on page 104 of Champions of Valor where they are named "Shields of Yondalla." These paladins may multiclass freely as monks.

A different order known as the "Wayward Wardens' (Champions of Valor p105) includes Paladins amongst their number. These paladins may multiclass freely as clerics and rangers. These Wayward Wardens are also discussed in Demihuman Deities (p181) although no mention is made of Paladins specifically.

Edited by - Na-Gang on 26 Aug 2008 17:15:53
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2008 :  18:32:23  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Then I'd probably say that is all the text you are going to find about them because it seems to me that she has paladins was a 3e invention. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 26 Aug 2008 23:11:21
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2008 :  18:32:52  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Na-Gang

I am aware of their mention on page 26 of the 3E FRCS and the same order is mentioned on page 104 of Champions of Valor where they are named "Shields of Yondalla." These paladins may multiclass freely as monks.

A different order known as the "Wayward Wardens' (Champions of Valor p105) includes Paladins amongst their number. These paladins may multiclass freely as clerics and rangers. These Wayward Wardens are also discussed in Demihuman Deities (p181) although no mention is made of Paladins specifically.

Yeah... Wayward Warden is Yondalla's paladin order. I'm more into rogue/paladins than cleric/pals or ranger/pals, so personally I'd go for Arvoreen's paladin order...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000