Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Ejen Horo information, please!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2008 :  00:17:28  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
As I mention in my Ashanath query, the PCs in my game are finally leaving Thesk, on their way to "punish" the Tuigan.

Aside from the information in The Horde boxed set, what has been published about Ejen Horo? For the most part, are the monsters there (probably lots of undead and restless and guardian spirits) more "Oriental" or "Faerunian" in nature? I would appreciate whatever assistance the scholars here may give, please.

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Shilo99
Seeker

63 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2008 :  15:09:16  Show Profile  Visit Shilo99's Homepage Send Shilo99 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Jamallo,

Not much info out there on the Ejen Horo (except that its a place in real world Inner Mongolia!)

Ejen Horo (like the whole Hordelands) has more a Kara-Tur theme than Faerun, I think, given that the Tuigan are based on the Mongol culture which is more eastern than western (Raumvirans more Russian)

Have you seen the updated info in Dragon #349 and its Supplement (the latter is available for free from Paizo.com I think): 18+9 page update of the Hordelands by Ed Bonny et al. Excellent stuff that will surely add to your campaign, especially the establishment of the Tuigan realm of Yaimmunahar by Hubadai Khahan. I just checked and couldn't see anything specifically on Ejen Horo but plenty of good stuff besides.

Here at Candlekeep, Markustay recently reworked them a little to better fit the canon refs:
www.candlekeep.com/library/maps.htm

Hope that helps,
Shilo
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2008 :  03:53:50  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
While many of the monsters in the Taan (Hordelands) do indeed have an oriental theme, the gods, strangely enough, are almost entirely western (under other names). So the two cultures have both had a large effect upon the Tuigan and the Endless wastes.

I really should post that newer Hordelands map.

Anyhow, Ejen Horo would have also fallen out inside the Imaskari Empire at one point, so finding some really ancient 'pyramidical' tombs would be feasable (and the barabrians would probably wrongly assume they were built by their own ancestors). If you want to have fun with it, you can say it was an Imaskari Burial site first, then a Raumanthar one, and finally a Tuigan one.

I'd assume Undead from both cultures (Eastern and Western), but some of the OA ones are very unique and pretty cool. You might even find some Manni (Taan Kenku) hiding among the ruins, fooling the supersticious barbarians into thinking they are 'restless spirits'. I have the Dragion Magazine with the four monsters that were left out of the boxed set, so if you need or want them, let me know. Also the Dowagu from the Adventure Modules would work here.

Just have fun with it - its a huge area, and lots of people have been buried there over the millenia.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 01 Sep 2008 18:21:09
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2008 :  05:59:52  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you both, gentlemen!

The Dragon article presents a Tuigan culture radically altered from its ancient roots, which are still vibrant and strong in DR 1360, which is the current year in my campaign. (What? I should spend forty bucks on some new book from Hasbro when I still haven't played through even 10% of what TSR published?!)

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000