Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Spin a Yarn 2008 ; A Report from GenCon 08
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2008 :  23:00:49  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I though i would share just a few nuggets thrown around at the Spin a Yarn. If anyone want more just let me know here, as I took 4 pages of notes(and by no stretch was I able to transcribe all the ideas flying around that room!!!!) and will want to arrange them in some cohesive form!!

Hawkins
- Their was much of Mirt to be had so you should be pleased!!
I only hope you are not upset with my suggestion to Ed for him......
I suggested that Mirt suffer from an un-expected Pregnancy....Which could be far advanced because it was un-noticed due ti his....prodigious girth!

Rinonalyrna
- Could not slip in cats or kittens.....but....

Monknwildcat should be happy I sugegested a Tailess Tressym! Close enough to a cat Rin??

I was also proud to suggest Rathan, Torm and a cowbell.

Another attendee suggested an Elf rouge who thinks he can go invisible at will, but really cannot! I suggested to Ed only if said Elf was morbidly Obese and he said that he could work with that as he chuckled!

I look my notes over tommorow and if any of you are interested I will share them here.

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2008 :  23:17:01  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No worries about Rino's. I handed Ed my list on Friday and reminded him about it, so some of them still may show up. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

monknwildcat
Learned Scribe

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2008 :  00:32:47  Show Profile  Visit monknwildcat's Homepage Send monknwildcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
RW & Kuje: you guys totally rock! Thanks for sharing!

The obese rogue who thinks he's invisible's really creative! I'm impressed!

Do you count tressym as cats, RF?
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2008 :  04:46:26  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sage, before I turn in for the night I remembered one tiny bit of goodness for you....

Ed broke out into song.....not once

not twice....

but at least thrice!!!

One was his take on G&S Pirate King......with very intricate choreography I might add.

Another was a soprano, which song escapes me as I am not sure I heard many of the lyrics as the laughter kicked in due to Ed's dance hall girl inspired gyrations, complete with Ed turning to face one side of the room and doing a double cupping of his ample Bosom!!

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2008 :  06:04:37  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, I would've loved to have heard them. Maybe the Lady Hooded One could fill me in on the details for the other songs.

My thanks RW.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 17 Aug 2008 06:06:04
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2008 :  13:48:26  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Oh, I would've loved to have heard them. Maybe the Lady Hooded One could fill me in on the details for the other songs.

My thanks RW.

Our friend Brian R. James had a video camera. Wonder if any footage will appear?

Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2008 :  01:13:34  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

Rinonalyrna
- Could not slip in cats or kittens.....but....

Monknwildcat should be happy I sugegested a Tailess Tressym! Close enough to a cat Rin??

-Yes, she does indeed like Tressym. Currently, our characters have a..."pack" of wild Tryssem that we've befriended that are likely to show up at some point in the future, I am thinking.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2008 :  22:12:29  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Our friend Brian R. James had a video camera. Wonder if any footage will appear?
Yes indeed! Now if only I could find that firewire cable around here...

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2008 :  01:06:08  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brian R. James

quote:

Yes indeed! Now if only I could find that firewire cable around here...

Excelllleeennnnt!!!!

No, hurry.

Tic

Toc

Tic

Toc

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2008 :  15:55:52  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope Brian finds that Firewire cable!

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2008 :  18:42:44  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker Monknwildcat should be happy I sugegested a Tailess Tressym! Close enough to a cat Rin??

Yes--I'm happy.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2008 :  18:43:18  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

No worries about Rino's. I handed Ed my list on Friday and reminded him about it, so some of them still may show up. :)

Thank you.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2008 :  18:44:24  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dagnirion

-Yes, she does indeed like Tressym. Currently, our characters have a..."pack" of wild Tryssem that we've befriended that are likely to show up at some point in the future, I am thinking.

Oh yes, I hope those Tressym come back--that encounter was CUTE!

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2008 :  00:49:56  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

quote:
Originally posted by Dagnirion

Oh yes, I hope those Tressym come back--that encounter was CUTE!

Well if Ed finds out that you find "Tryessem encounters" cute, I sure one will show up in his story!

Go to Top of Page

Matt James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2008 :  14:12:54  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Brian! Where is that video! Inquiring minds want to know!
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2008 :  14:56:38  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well if Ed finds out that you find "Tryessem encounters" cute, I sure one will show up in his story!

I sure hope so!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000