Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 war of the spider queen
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Zak
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2008 :  16:52:35  Show Profile  Visit Zak's Homepage Send Zak a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic

hey guys i am a R.A. salvatore fan and i've read his books up to the hunters blade trilogy.anyway i've recently picked up the war the spider queen books and i haven't been able to stop wondering about the D20 stats for these facinating characters.i realize that they were given official stats in the dragon magazines,but i have yet to find them anywhere and i mean anywhere!!!i've looked throughout the internet for the stats of the heroes of the war of the spider queen everywhere including some of my friends who frequented the hobby shop outside the base and i have yet to find one whom has them.so i was wondering if it was at all possible to get them here?well anyway i hope you guys can help out a soldier whom likes spending his scarse free time reading FR novels and playing some good 3.5 DnD.thank guys.

uh wait what?!

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2008 :  18:30:42  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have you tried Ebay, Amazon, nobleknight.com, Paizo's site (since they published them), Dragonstrove, or any of the other sites that sells D&D material?

Beyond that. I'm not sure what to say. If you need the issue #'s, Wooly has a link to the Dragondex. We let him post it because it gives him something to do. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Zak
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2008 :  18:48:42  Show Profile  Visit Zak's Homepage Send Zak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ah yes,but i'd have to buy the megazine and all i want is the write up for the characters themselves.plus things tend to take forever to take here...ty however for the suggestions.is there any other way other than buying the magazine that i might be able to get the statistics for these characters?

uh wait what?!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2008 :  19:27:30  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

Beyond that. I'm not sure what to say. If you need the issue #'s, Wooly has a link to the Dragondex. We let him post it because it gives him something to do. :)

I stick my tongue out at you, sir! (We need a good smiley for that!)

The link: The DragonDex

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

dwarvenranger
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2008 :  22:10:33  Show Profile  Visit dwarvenranger's Homepage Send dwarvenranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If my magazines weren't in my packout right now I'd hook you up bro. As is it'll have to wait till next month most likely, at least from me. One of the other guys here will probably hook you up though. Send me a PM if that doesn't happen.

If I waited till I knew what I was doing, I'd never get anything done.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2008 :  00:59:25  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zak

ah yes,but i'd have to buy the megazine and all i want is the write up for the characters themselves.plus things tend to take forever to take here...ty however for the suggestions.is there any other way other than buying the magazine that i might be able to get the statistics for these characters?

Not through legal means. Really, your only option is to purchase the relevant issues. Or, alternatively, you could visit the widely successful NPC thread over on the FR WotC boards and look/ask for fan-created work-ups of the popular characters from the WotSQ series.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2008 :  01:17:28  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Not through legal means.

This is why I was hesitant to reply to this thread. He's basically asking for people to send him illegal info..... Which, as we know, most of us on Keep frown very deeply about.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 08 Aug 2008 01:18:03
Go to Top of Page

Zak
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2008 :  01:57:53  Show Profile  Visit Zak's Homepage Send Zak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Not through legal means.

This is why I was hesitant to reply to this thread. He's basically asking for people to send him illegal info..... Which, as we know, most of us on Keep frown very deeply about.

ah i see.i didn't think it would be copyright infringement to simply post the relevant statistic for said characters.it seems i was wrong.well now i know better.ty however for the suggestions and replies.

uh wait what?!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2008 :  02:01:27  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We *can* post brief summaries of the relevant stat information... but posting the entire stat-block for each NPC would not only be a breach of copyright law, but a breach of Candlekeep's Code of Conduct as well.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Zak
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2008 :  02:17:43  Show Profile  Visit Zak's Homepage Send Zak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I see that now.lesson learned .i was too exited and ran straight towards the general forums.in any case a brief summary of the relevant stats would give me something to work with as well if at all possible.thank you guys.

uh wait what?!
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2008 :  03:53:46  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow... that DragonDex is awesome!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000