Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Realms Events
 Wyrms of the North
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2008 :  14:06:39  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Has anyone compiled the articles posted on the wizards website?

Please PM moi

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2008 :  14:24:52  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I do, and I could. But unless you've got SageOS installed... the file's unlikely to work for you.

I've also got an archive of the actual original HTML files for the "Wyrms of the North" series. But that's not what you're looking for.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2008 :  15:39:20  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I do, and I could. But unless you've got SageOS installed... the file's unlikely to work for you.

I've also got an archive of the actual original HTML files for the "Wyrms of the North" series. But that's not what you're looking for.

Can ya convert it into a pdf?

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2008 :  15:56:28  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm... I've never actually tried converting SageOS-based files into PDFs. I'll give it a shot and see what I come up with.

Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2008 :  16:53:12  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hmmm... I've never actually tried converting SageOS-based files into PDFs. I'll give it a shot and see what I come up with.

Great! Thanks

Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2008 :  17:02:07  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*wracks brain* I was sure that Wizards had already done that themselves...

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
731 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2008 :  17:49:42  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You can still find (download some of them in PDF format) from WotC's site. Try Wyrms of the North Archive. If you are looking for the Klauth, "Old Snarl" page, it's been broken since 2006 from what I've read, but that URL should take you to the 'printer friendly' page at least.

If Sage can't help with a complete PDF library, I can probably get my collection formatted and uploaded within the next day or so.

Lost for words? Find them in the Glossary of Phrases, Sayings & Words of the Realms
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2008 :  18:55:23  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

They have a goto-page, which links to each article, but not all the articles in one document.

Go to Top of Page

Ayunken-vanzan
Senior Scribe

Germany
657 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2008 :  22:03:40  Show Profile  Visit Ayunken-vanzan's Homepage Send Ayunken-vanzan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mace Hammerhand

quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

They have a goto-page, which links to each article, but not all the articles in one document.

So you want all articles in one huge PDF? I can do that for you. Please tell me where I should send this PDF.

Edit: The "Complete Almanac of Northern Wyrms"-PDF is 6,5 MB.

"What mattered our lives now? When our world had been torn from us? Folk wept, or drank, or stood staring out over the land, wondering what new horror each dawn would bring."
Elender Stormfall of Suzail

"Anyone can kill deities, cause plagues, or destroy organizations. It takes real skill to make them live on."
Varl

FR/D&D-Links 2ed Downloads

Edited by - Ayunken-vanzan on 20 Jul 2008 22:16:24
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2008 :  22:45:27  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Ayunken-vanzan! Got it... woohoo!

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2008 :  01:09:02  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm still going to tinker around with my efforts to create a PDF for the "Wyrms" archive. Right now it's punching all types of holes in my lovely OS and shining a light on all it's faults. It's grand!

Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2008 :  02:06:58  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm still going to tinker around with my efforts to create a PDF for the "Wyrms" archive. Right now it's punching all types of holes in my lovely OS and shining a light on all it's faults. It's grand!
If you are running Windows (I am not exactly sure what you mean by SageOS), you can print documents as PDF files with PDFCreator. It is a free program that creates a digital printer that you select when trying to print anything, and it creates it as a PDF file. I love it. That is how I create my character sheets, I design them in Excel and then print them to PDFs.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2008 :  02:18:58  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
SageOS is my own homebrew operating system/integrated web browser that's running on one of my machines at home. It's often what I use while at Candlekeep. It's got lots of in-built functions that are specifically tailored to my online needs. Thus, it tends to work just a little differently from the Windows/IE/Firefox combinations.

Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2008 :  02:40:14  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

SageOS is my own homebrew operating system/integrated web browser that's running on one of my machines at home. It's often what I use while at Candlekeep. It's got lots of in-built functions that are specifically tailored to my online needs. Thus, it tends to work just a little differently from the Windows/IE/Firefox combinations.

Lol. And I thought that you were only FR/RPG geeky! Nothing wrong with that, I have a list of geekly offenses myself! Just wanted to make sure you realized that my calling you a geek is a complement, not an insult.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2008 :  02:42:49  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think it's the source of our gremlins, myself.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2008 :  03:21:54  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HawkinstheDM

Lol. And I thought that you were only FR/RPG geeky!
Heh. You'd be amazed at how much tech I get to play with in my work. In fact, my home library isn't just full of books... it's full of old computers, laptops, and other technological devices that have since faded into obscurity. But I love playing around with them and trying to find new uses for them. [Most eventually become nothing more than "glorified book ends" -- but I try]
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Are you claiming SageOS is some kind of gremlin breeding-pen?

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2008 :  05:04:34  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Are you claiming SageOS is some kind of gremlin breeding-pen?

Did I say that?

*whistles innocently*

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2008 :  23:18:03  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have it now. I can't send e-mail at the moment, so I thank you here: THANK YOU!

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Edited by - Jamallo Kreen on 03 Aug 2008 02:23:48
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000