Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Urdrath of the Horsemen (Lore Request)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Herr Doktor
Seeker

52 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2003 :  18:30:03  Show Profile  Visit Herr Doktor's Homepage Send Herr Doktor a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I seek any and all lore about this ancient city. A group of adventurers I know are quite keen on exploring the catacombs beneath, and I'd like to give them a bit of information on whos grave their about to defile.

If you don't have the information on hand listing the sourcebooks where I can find it would be equally as helpful!

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2003 :  03:59:02  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've never heard of this place. Not surprising, I suppose, since I'm only just getting into things. However, I don't see it in the index of my FRCS.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Herr Doktor
Seeker

52 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2003 :  08:00:26  Show Profile  Visit Herr Doktor's Homepage Send Herr Doktor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The city no longer exists. Now in its place lies the small town and fields of Asbravn, center of trade between the farmers of Sunset Vale.

A large network of catacombs beneath Asbravn is pretty much all that is left of the once great city.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2003 :  14:20:59  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The ruins of the city of Undrath are the only visible relics of the ancient city that once stood where Asbravn stands now. The Horsemen, were nomads who built the city when they moved to the Savage North many, many years ago. Undrath was the center of worship for these Horsemen and a place where they buried their dead, in catacombs deep beneath the streets. There are vast underground passages and galleries spread over a vast distance beneath the current city, most unexplored. Tomb chambers and a number of coffin niches line many passages and vast underground halls. It is said that some of the Horsemens fallen warriors are buried in these tombs, with incredible treasures.

This information was collected from several sources, but Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast contributed the most information.

Good learning...

- The Sage of Perth: For all your Realmslore needs

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000