Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Dragon Magazine Archives
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rollo Ruttikin
Acolyte

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2008 :  22:35:49  Show Profile  Visit Rollo Ruttikin's Homepage Send Rollo Ruttikin a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Does anyone know of an online source for archived issues of Dragon magazine?

I would love to gather all the Greenwood articles and several articles for characters classes for First Edition AD&D.

Just curious.

Thanks!

Rollo

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2008 :  23:14:54  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know of The DragonDex, which is just an index, the old Dragon Magazine Archive CD-ROMs, which cover issues 1-250, and a handful that are available as pdfs from Paizo.

These are the only resources I know of.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2008 :  03:57:11  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I know of The DragonDex, which is just an index, the old Dragon Magazine Archive CD-ROMs, which cover issues 1-250, and a handful that are available as pdfs from Paizo.

-That is a wonderful webpage, and I recommend everyone to bookmark it, as it's highly useful.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2008 :  06:22:42  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The CD-ROM would be my suggestion. its a fantastic product, although it is starting to get a bit difficult to get hold of. But you might get lucky, I bought mine three years ago (I think) new and saw a couple in another store, so it still turns up.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2008 :  13:00:52  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got lucky on both that one and the Forgotten Realms Interactive Atlas. I got both from TSR's Mail Order Hobby Shop when they were dumping them for half-price. And though I did lose software in the fire, most of my software CDs -- including the TSR ones -- were in the CD towers I have, which were safe at home.

I think that the TSR software would have sold much better had they not released it when the home computer was just beginning to become ubiquitous. They got the software out about 3-5 years before the market was ready for it.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2008 :  19:29:01  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dagnirion

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

-That is a wonderful webpage, and I recommend everyone to bookmark it, as it's highly useful.

I can only second that! VERY useful to me on almost every other day!

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

Dracons
Learned Scribe

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2008 :  19:34:47  Show Profile  Visit Dracons's Homepage Send Dracons a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hm. I remember a friend of mine had that CD. I was so jealous.

As for the Dragonden. Yoink.

I love PMs! Please send me a message. Even if its Hi.
Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2008 :  01:17:46  Show Profile Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The DragonDex is indeed very useful...

'Everyone dies...I only choose the time and place for a few.' --Eric Destler
Go to Top of Page

MerrikCale
Senior Scribe

USA
947 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2008 :  13:03:42  Show Profile  Visit MerrikCale's Homepage Send MerrikCale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Dragondex is indeed excellent does anyone know if there is a similiar one for Dungeon?

When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still, that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.
Go to Top of Page

AlorinDawn
Learned Scribe

USA
313 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2008 :  13:54:50  Show Profile  Visit AlorinDawn's Homepage Send AlorinDawn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MerrikCale

The Dragondex is indeed excellent does anyone know if there is a similiar one for Dungeon?

Dungeon Index for Dungeon Magazine and

Polyhedron Index for Polyhedron.

Mods feel free to clean the lonks up!

Mod edit: I don't know what a "lonk" is (a Dark Sun critter, mayhaps? ), but I cleaned up the links.

Edited by - AlorinDawn on 04 Jul 2008 16:03:48
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2008 :  15:54:45  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A lonk is actually a particular breed of sheep as I recall.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000