Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Question: Elven manifestation?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vangelor
Learned Scribe

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2008 :  06:56:27  Show Profile Send Vangelor a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I have seen the power of "manifestation" attributed to Faerunian elves on various sites - noteably the Elven Netbook by Karsus & friends on the Wizards site.

Essentially, elves can draw upon their connection with nature to seem briefly more imposing, eldritch and arcane to younger races, offsetting their slender and fragile appearance with sheer presence.

Anyone know if this is actually supported in published Realms literature? If so, what is the source? I can't seem to find anything like it in the materials I have.

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2008 :  14:32:50  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't recall seeing anything like that in sourcebooks or fiction.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2008 :  14:38:11  Show Profile Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Check the 2E supplement 'The Complete Book of Elves' p. 33...

'Everyone dies...I only choose the time and place for a few.' --Eric Destler
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2008 :  16:02:37  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, rephrase: I can't recall seeing anything like that in Realms-specific sourcebooks or fiction.

Go to Top of Page

Karzak
Learned Scribe

196 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2008 :  16:42:39  Show Profile  Visit Karzak's Homepage Send Karzak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't recall anything of that sort, either. Plus, it sounds silly and too Tolkien-esque to me.
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2008 :  17:05:38  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think he *may* be referring to elf communion...
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2008 :  18:46:39  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight

I think he *may* be referring to elf communion...

No, the Complete Book of Elves pretty much echoes the first post... But like I said, I don't recall seeing that ever pop up in the Realms.

Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2008 :  03:17:09  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree, I don't think I've seen it in the Realms. However, Elaine's drawn on other material from that book, so that at least leaves open the possibility for it.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Vangelor
Learned Scribe

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2008 :  01:52:08  Show Profile Send Vangelor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah... I am willing to bet The Complete Book of Elves is where Karsus grabbed it from, and no, I can't recall seeing it in the Realms either. Thanks, all.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000