Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Signatures of Ed Greenwood
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
581 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2008 :  14:27:57  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I have just bought the swords of evening star and the swords of dragonfire SIGNED by Ed Greenwood from someone... Is there any way to affirm if these two signatures are genuine because I have doubts ..
If anyone knows please tell me...

BARDOBARBAROS DOES NOT KILL.
HE DECAPITATES!!!

"The city changes, but the fools within it remain always the same" (Edwin Odesseiron- Baldur's gate 2)

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2008 :  15:33:57  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Only way I can think of is show them to Ed and I'd hope he knows his own signature. Or compare them to other books that Ed has signed.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2008 :  22:03:49  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm. Can you manage to produce a smallish jpeg of each signature (and accompanying inscription, if any) and e-mail it? If so, I'll PM you with a yahoo "drop account" to send it to.
That way, Ed can eyeball the image and I can relay his reply back to you.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
581 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2008 :  12:13:00  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Hmmm. Can you manage to produce a smallish jpeg of each signature (and accompanying inscription, if any) and e-mail it? If so, I'll PM you with a yahoo "drop account" to send it to.
love,
THO

OK .. I will try to do this and I will inform you when I will have the jpegs..
thanks in advance

HE DECAPITATES!!!

"The city changes, but the fools within it remain always the same" (Edwin Odesseiron- Baldur's gate 2)

Edited by - BARDOBARBAROS on 04 Mar 2008 12:14:11
Go to Top of Page

AlorinDawn
Learned Scribe

USA
313 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2008 :  02:55:24  Show Profile  Visit AlorinDawn's Homepage Send AlorinDawn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
THO,

I took a pic of Ed's sig on one of my books he signed and emailed it to Bard.
Go to Top of Page

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
581 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2008 :  15:43:43  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ok.. thank u AlorinDawn

HE DECAPITATES!!!

Go to Top of Page

AlorinDawn
Learned Scribe

USA
313 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2008 :  16:17:02  Show Profile  Visit AlorinDawn's Homepage Send AlorinDawn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BARDOBARBAROS

ok.. thank u AlorinDawn

Np
Go to Top of Page

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
581 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2008 :  21:13:15  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

love,
THO

I bought two more books signed by ed...I got the pictures of the signatures ..Can you send me the "drop account" in order to send them..

thanks again

HE DECAPITATES!!!

Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2008 :  21:34:43  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Stupid question, but I have to know.

Bardo', How did you get a novel signed by Ed himself (I really hope it's a real one !) from the Pyraeus ?
Do you travel or did you get this by the web ?

I also want some signed novels !!

"Today is a good day to smile",
Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

- Fight in the arena and have fun ! :
La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
581 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2008 :  11:47:28  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I bought them by the web...I think it's difficult for ED to come here in Greece in order to sign novels...

I have and a lot of novels signed personally most of them from R. A Salvatore...

HE DECAPITATES!!!

Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2008 :  12:00:24  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Bardo'
I knew these books came from USA but where did you get such items ? Ebay ?

Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
581 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2008 :  14:09:07  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In the site R.A Salvatore.com there is an option which is called e-signing where you can order books only personnaly signed to you from Bob... Also when a Bob's book is due to release there is and announcement in this site in the front page..The books of other authors you can find on e-bay but it is too difficult ..
Also there are Bob's books on ebay if you search but the prices is too high ..For example for homeland on ebay signed -hardcover i paid approximately 120 $ ( I'm collector ) while if there where on e-signing i would have paid 35 euro...

HE DECAPITATES!!!

Go to Top of Page

AlorinDawn
Learned Scribe

USA
313 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2008 :  16:15:04  Show Profile  Visit AlorinDawn's Homepage Send AlorinDawn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bard,

Did the image of Ed's signature I sent you not help? I have more if you need a few more images of his signature.
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2008 :  20:19:21  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

In the site R.A Salvatore.com there is an option which is called e-signing where you can order books only personnaly signed to you from Bob... Also when a Bob's book is due to release there is and announcement in this site in the front page..The books of other authors you can find on e-bay but it is too difficult ..
Also there are Bob's books on ebay if you search but the prices is too high ..For example for homeland on ebay signed -hardcover i paid approximately 120 $ ( I'm collector ) while if there where on e-signing i would have paid 35 euro...

Whouaaouhhh !
Respect ! You know what you want !
Congratulations !

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
581 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2008 :  19:05:02  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AlorinDawn

Bard,

Did the image of Ed's signature I sent you not help? I have more if you need a few more images of his signature.

I didn't receive anything..

HE DECAPITATES!!!

Go to Top of Page

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
581 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2008 :  19:06:56  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fillow

quote:

Whouaaouhhh !
Respect ! You know what you want !
Congratulations !

thank u.... i'm happy that i helped you Fi(e)llow...

HE DECAPITATES!!!

Go to Top of Page

AlorinDawn
Learned Scribe

USA
313 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2008 :  22:57:29  Show Profile  Visit AlorinDawn's Homepage Send AlorinDawn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by AlorinDawn

Bard,

I didn't receive anything..

Send me your email address again plz
Go to Top of Page

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
581 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2008 :  20:57:55  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I Sent it AlorinDawn

HE DECAPITATES!!!

Go to Top of Page

Tiger
Acolyte

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2013 :  00:50:29  Show Profile Send Tiger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I bought this book today from a lady signed by Ed Greenwood, I would like the signature confirmed if possible.

http://cdn.iofferphoto.com/img/item/140/323/559/WMx8.jpg

Edited by - Tiger on 04 Nov 2013 00:54:41
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2013 :  03:17:06  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tiger

I bought this book today from a lady signed by Ed Greenwood, I would like the signature confirmed if possible.

http://cdn.iofferphoto.com/img/item/140/323/559/WMx8.jpg

We will likely need to see the signature itself. Or you can ask Ed's lovely Hooded emissary.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2013 :  05:17:05  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a copy of "Swords of Eveningstar" signed by Ed. I know it's authentic because he took it off the shelf at GEN-CON 2007 in front of me and signed it there and then! If you post a picture of your signature, I can do a comparison.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Tiger
Acolyte

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2013 :  02:26:40  Show Profile Send Tiger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the prompt replies. The book is a x-mas present for my brother and he's home in the room with me so I'll have to do it when he's not home or hiding in his room.

Kuje is Ed's lovely Hooded emissary, correct?
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2013 :  04:48:38  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I don't know for certain, but I'd wager he's not lovely.

I was referring to The Hooded One. She's one of Ed's original players. We don't know which one, though, because the Lady likes to keep some mystery in things and we respect that.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Lord Bane
Senior Scribe

Germany
479 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2013 :  09:32:40  Show Profile Send Lord Bane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also she can get away with all kinds of naughty agendas with everyone of us beeing none the wiser

The driving force in the multiverse is evil, for it forces good to act.
Go to Top of Page

Tiger
Acolyte

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2013 :  17:10:57  Show Profile Send Tiger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ooops, I didn't scroll down far enough when looking for previous posters... xD I'll get those pictures today while my brother is out of the house.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2013 :  01:45:25  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

I don't know for certain, but I'd wager he's not lovely.

Laughs. And no, Ed's ambassador, so to speak, is as Wooly said, which is the Hooded One. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Tiger
Acolyte

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2013 :  02:03:48  Show Profile Send Tiger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I finally got a picture of the signature. Should I also send it to The Hooded One?

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a15/Tigerjody/2Phone%20Uploads/131108_0000.jpg
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2013 :  02:09:24  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I finally got a picture of the signature. Should I also send it to The Hooded One?

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a15/Tigerjody/2Phone%20Uploads/131108_0000.jpg

That, or you can simply wait for the Luscious Lady Hooded One to either confirm or deny the authenticity of the imaged signature here at Candlekeep.

If you're in a bit of a hurry, I can contact her on your behalf with the attached signature image. [This is, assuming, of course, that you don't currently have the means to email the Lady Hooded One directly.]

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Tiger
Acolyte

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2013 :  02:31:32  Show Profile Send Tiger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't have her email, but, I'm not in a hurry other than my own excited impatience. :D I would like it confirmed/denied by Christmas, when I'll be giving the book to my brother as a gift though. <3
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2013 :  02:40:00  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heh. And here she is, in (virtual) person.
Tiger, I can confirm that what you have in your possession is indeed a genuine Ed signature and message. Definitely. I've seen hundreds of them, and watched as Ed has signed things, many times.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Tiger
Acolyte

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2013 :  03:14:37  Show Profile Send Tiger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks THO!
Now to contact the lady and see if she'll sell anymore of her signed books... She claims her friend, Lisa, was friends with Ed back when he was still going to Gencon every year and they use to play with him every year including going out for dinner with him and his wife as her health deteriorated and she stopped attending the convention but was still traveling with him.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000