Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Realms Events
 Just for the record
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2008 :  23:27:16  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm a fiddler for details, the proverbial ripple in the surface of a pond when you throw a stone in. Hence my love for the Realms in general.

I'm not angry at 4e D&D, it is something that was bound to happen.

Things that make no sense, like the cancellation of the Firefly-TV-series , or this so called new and improved Realms, and thinking Ripper Owens could replace Rob Halford in Judas Priest, these are things that do make me to various degrees angry.

Before anyone say Ripper joined Priest after Halford left, yea, I know, still it wasn't the wisest of choices...from my point of view, as I was one of those who janked the earphones right off when that guy started singing on Jugulator... I merely shrugged and moved on, not buying the CD.

If you see the changes in the Realms as good, I envy you, for I cannot. As I said before, I'm a fiddler with details, and pretty cold and calculating when I think stuff through. When events have no consequences, why bother to create them at all?

Why do I rant here? Because not one in my groups is so familiar with the setting and love it as deeply as I do, so I let steam off when people who understand can hear me...

Regarding 4e FR... *shrug* let's just say they blew it

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2008 :  00:04:07  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mace Hammerhand
When events have no consequences, why bother to create them at all?

That's one thing (out of many) that I've disliked about many RSEs for a long time--they come, they go, and they don't seem to have much of an affect on the setting once their gone, because by then it's time for an all NEW RSE to step up.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2008 :  02:40:05  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

quote:

That's one thing (out of many) that I've disliked about many RSEs for a long time--they come, they go, and they don't seem to have much of an affect on the setting once their gone, because by then it's time for an all NEW RSE to step up.

Just like superhero comic books... "We've got to save the Universe!" "Again? We saved it five times last week, and twice yesterday!"

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2008 :  02:44:30  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

quote:

Just like superhero comic books... "We've got to save the Universe!" "Again? We saved it five times last week, and twice yesterday!"

You mean its like Grant Morrison's run on Justice League and X-Men?

(Which, btw, for me both started out great, but ended up escalating into more and more over the top dire threats to the entire universe, as well as every escalating bizarre interpersonal developments as well . . . but I'll leave it at that for now)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000