Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Gleemax forums down?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wenin
Senior Scribe

585 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2008 :  03:11:50  Show Profile Send Wenin a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Anyone else able to get to the Gleemax forums? I've not been able to all day.

Session Reports posted at RPG Geek.
Stem the Tide Takes place in Mistledale.
Dark Curtains - Takes place in the Savage North, starting in Nesmé. I wrapped my campaign into the Hoard of the Dragon Queen, but it takes place in 1372 DR.

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2008 :  03:14:51  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wenin

Anyone else able to get to the Gleemax forums? I've not been able to all day.

The thrid time the charm.

WotC posted that the site, furums and main site, would be going down on three different dates. Today is the thrid date, the last two dates they canceled the planned outage.

Do not worry, unless site is not working 24 hours from now.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Wenin
Senior Scribe

585 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2008 :  03:26:24  Show Profile Send Wenin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wierd, a friend of mine made a post this morning and I wasn't able to get to the site all day. Another friend is able to get there now, but it is really slow.... I can't even get a partial page to load. Thanks for the info Kentinal, I can at least feel that I'm not insane. =)

Session Reports posted at RPG Geek.
Stem the Tide Takes place in Mistledale.
Dark Curtains - Takes place in the Savage North, starting in Nesmé. I wrapped my campaign into the Hoard of the Dragon Queen, but it takes place in 1372 DR.
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2008 :  03:35:28  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*nods* I got timed out when I posted so I thought planed outage was taking place.

However now I can access the forum, so outage is not the problem.

It might be either your system or routers.

It also is likely the IT team is in process of reconstruction as well and you tried at the wrong time.

The WotC servers do appear often to get overloaded as well.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2008 :  15:16:07  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was logged on and able to send a PM this morning, got logged out (only at the boards, not the main site) at noon and have not been able to log on since. A fellow boarder just said that he treid to retrieve his password, only to get told that his e-mail wasn't registered.

Don't we all love the new gleemax thing?

Cave quid dicis, quando et cui!

Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel!

In memory of Alura Durshavin.

Visit my "Homepage" to find A Guide to the Drow NPCs of Faerûn, Drow and non-Drow PrC and much more.
Go to Top of Page

Venger
Learned Scribe

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2008 :  15:24:54  Show Profile Send Venger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ZananDon't we all love the new gleemax thing?

No.

Oh, wait. That was sarcasm. Nevermind.

"Beware what you say when you speak of magic, wizard, or you shall see who has the greater power."
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2008 :  16:28:07  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I couldn't get on either. Oh well.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 18 Jan 2008 16:28:52
Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2008 :  16:54:33  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

I couldn't get on either. Oh well.

Was just about to PM you to see whether you, as one of the prominent WizBoarders, were still on and could harass the WizOs about it.

Well well.

Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel!

Visit my "Homepage" to find A Guide to the Drow NPCs of Faerûn, Drow and non-Drow PrC and much more.
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2008 :  17:23:14  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just tried logging in because I remember there being a note saying that it should be back up by 9:00 AM today (WotC time, which happens to be the same timezone I live in ). After a very long time, it finally loaded the log-in screen, and after I logged in it told me that there had been some sort of error, and that I should close and reopen my browser. So it may be up for some now.

All hail Gleemax, our introduction into the Illithid collective! Assimilation is imminent, resistance is futile.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2008 :  18:36:31  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HawkinstheDM

I just tried logging in because I remember there being a note saying that it should be back up by 9:00 AM today (WotC time, which happens to be the same timezone I live in ). After a very long time, it finally loaded the log-in screen, and after I logged in it told me that there had been some sort of error, and that I should close and reopen my browser. So it may be up for some now.

The same thing happened to me. I tried several times (in several different ways) to log on, with no luck.

So...I guess I'll try again later, guys.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2008 :  19:10:00  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
2 hours later an I logged in with no problems. Has anyone else noticed that after one of these "maintenance" down times Gleemax seems to run a bit more sluggishly? And all around more sluggishly after the move from boards1.wizards.com to forums.gleemax.com?

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2008 :  19:43:25  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I have just checked the site and for some reason, I was already logged in, no problems whatsoever. Well, well.

Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel!

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2008 :  20:46:43  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I guess I'll try myself then...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000