Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Volo's Guides
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Faediira
Acolyte

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2014 :  21:17:51  Show Profile Send Faediira a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Better yet are any of the volo's guides in red available anywhere as well and if so where can i find them
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2014 :  23:54:48  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Faediira

Better yet are any of the volo's guides in red available anywhere as well and if so where can i find them

They were never written, so far as I know, and are thus unavailable to be read. Note that Volo's Guide to All Things Magical is listed in both red and black; the original version was suppressed (in canon), and then was later re-written and released.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2014 :  00:11:39  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Volo's Guide to the Dragon Coast & Westgate? Bet that would be a fun ride and read!
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2014 :  00:42:11  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Eilserus

Volo's Guide to the Dragon Coast & Westgate? Bet that would be a fun ride and read!

I would snatch up such a book in a heartbeat!

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2014 :  05:55:41  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd rush right out to buy any new Volo's Guide. Those were some of the best Realms books we ever got.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2014 :  07:20:14  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They sure were. Ahh, the good old days. I really hope they let Ed release Volo from that Imprisonment spell I know he's been under so he can continue his journeys!
Go to Top of Page

Gustaveren
Learned Scribe

Denmark
197 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2015 :  18:34:22  Show Profile  Visit Gustaveren's Homepage Send Gustaveren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brunswick

The Volos guide series were my favourite Realms books - I only wish they made more of them...

+1
Go to Top of Page

Rymac
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2015 :  04:20:15  Show Profile  Visit Rymac's Homepage Send Rymac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Eilserus

If more had come, Westgate and the Dragon Coast, Lands of Intrigue, or the Shining South would have been the next Volo's Guides. To wish what might have been..
Go to Top of Page

Swordsage
Learned Scribe

149 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2015 :  04:56:16  Show Profile  Visit Swordsage's Homepage Send Swordsage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sadly, I don't think I'd want any for the 5E Realms. They'd be a shining jewel of detail and realmslore in a vista of bland, generic setting that would just highlight how badly the Realms has been treated since the Spellplague. If Ed Greenwood was allowed to write them for the pre-Spellplague era, that would be amazing.

The Swordsage
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2015 :  07:56:39  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
On page 186 of "Volo's Guide to Cormyr", Volo promised to give a complete entry on the growing village of Redspring in a future edition of his Cormyr guide.

I'd love to see that book published.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000