Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 How powerful is Manshoon? Fzoul Chembryl?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Firestorm
Senior Scribe

Canada
826 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2007 :  03:05:29  Show Profile Send Firestorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Comparatively speaking. How does Manshoon stack up against others, like say, each of the chosen(Other than Elminster, who always beat him easily), Szass Tam, Priamon Rakesk and other liches of the rune, The princes of Shade(individually), etc etc. Or are they closer to weaker Wizards, such as Vangerdahast(Weaker lol), or even less strong wizards like Gromph Baerne, etc

Same with Fzoul Chembryl.
Both of these cats are supposed to be big bad guys who started the Zhentarim. Im just trying to figure out who they are comparable to.

I know stats often do not reflect Canon. Vangerdahast is not much higher than 19-21CR, but he handled Rivalen Tanthul in ROTA, and Rivalen is over 30CR

You can quote stats and explain, or simply books an explain.

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2007 :  03:12:05  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As with all of the other threads of this sort. I would say it all depends and it would be difficult to compare them together.
Go to Top of Page

Charles Phipps
Master of Realmslore

1419 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2007 :  03:40:35  Show Profile  Visit Charles Phipps's Homepage Send Charles Phipps a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Manshoon is supposed to be, according to Ed Greenwood, the only man in the world that Elminster doesn't want to have a showdown with mano-a-mano. It's been implied by Ed that all of the dead Manshoons to this point were just puppets on a string to the REAL Manshoon. This isn't canon, possibly, but its quite likely the real Manshoon is pulling strings from a safe distance. So, basically Top Ten Wizards in the world who aren't ancient sleeping Archmage maguffins (in no particular order): Manshoon, Elminster, Larloch, Ssass Tam, The Simbul, Khelban, Halastar, Larael, Alustriel, and Sylune.

Fzoul, on the other hand, is pretty much the most powerful cleric in the world for all intents and purposes. The only Cleric who rivals him in power is, curiously, Cadderly. You wouldn't think DENEIR would have such a ridiculously powerful Chosen but maybe he believes in quality over quantity.

This may not be perfectly accurate canon wise. However, it fits very much the perception of the average Faerungoer who knows something about famous Clerics and wizards.

My Blog: http://unitedfederationofcharles.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Charles Phipps on 11 Oct 2007 03:46:56
Go to Top of Page

Firestorm
Senior Scribe

Canada
826 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2007 :  10:29:50  Show Profile Send Firestorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since no source book or Canon novel writing even implies that Manshoon is really a puppet master directing his clone puppets, I cannot accept that as an answer without seeing links to this so called quote of Greenwood's. Can you provide a link? The only puppet master I have ever heard of Ed talking about in this manner is Larloch.

Elminster has fought Manshoon several times, and dealt with him rather easily each time. Elminster even mentions to Storm that he has killed Manshoon over 20 times and just doesn't have the patience to go find all his clones.
But then again, Elminster is a level above everyone else as likely THE most powerful NPC. The simbul personally admits she is no match for him in any way in "Spellfire", and in ROTA, Khelben makes a show of jealousy over how Elminster is the only wizard in the world who can easily break his wardings and teleport directly into Blackstaff tower.

Its too bad Matron Baerne is no longer a choice. Her 25 levels of pure cleric were sicker than any other cleric. Rivalen Tanthul would have to be another choice for an extremely powerful cleric.

Is it safe to say at this point that Clerics can not really become as powerful as some wizards? I have never even heard of a cleric who's stats are comparable to any of the chosen(Outside of Rivalen, who is also a shadow adept)

Edited by - Firestorm on 11 Oct 2007 10:32:18
Go to Top of Page

Marquant Volker
Learned Scribe

Greece
273 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2007 :  10:31:47  Show Profile Send Marquant Volker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Firestorm

Vangerdahast is not much higher than 19-21CR, but he handled Rivalen Tanthul in ROTA, and Rivalen is over 30CR

Vanderdahast didnt know that, i doubt he owns any sourcebooks. Compering characters stat-wise isnt very Realmish
Go to Top of Page

Charles Phipps
Master of Realmslore

1419 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2007 :  13:37:13  Show Profile  Visit Charles Phipps's Homepage Send Charles Phipps a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thus far are the only quotes I can find that allude to Manshoon's true power but I recall this answer very well because he gave it to me on the Boards.

June 8, 2005: Remember the clever words of Richard Lee Byers, at last year's GenCon Indy FR seminar: "In my father's house, there are many Manshoons."

quote:
In other words, there are MORE Manshoons than 3e lore currently admits (as Ed will reveal in the fullness of time). And I'd say he's far more powerful than Fzoul, because he has fall-back plans and caches and plans set in motion far beyond Fzoul's capacity to anticipate. He may have suffered a personal setback within the Zhentarim, temporarily, but (to quote Ed of the Greenwood, hereafter):

"He's MUCH more cunning and better prepared than Fzoul has ever been. Fzoul always plays the "Hi, God of the Moment, I'm Yours!" card, and that's like juggling a flaming sword: no matter how good you are, sooner or later you're going to get badly cut and burned. My money is always on Manshoon - - and remember, I created Fzoul, Manshoon, and the Zhentarim, but haven't really had the chance to properly tell any of their stories, yet. Just fragments."

And

quote:
And yes, I'd certainly say that one of the early Manshoons (even when there "was only one," his 'cloning around' was such that he'd died several times over, so none of those we know now are even close to the original) is still lurking, and working with certain powerful Zhentarim wizards to bring about Fzoul's eventual downfall (and most of the rest of the priests, so the wizards end up 'on top' again), only VERY subtly this time, so that once Fzoul and his fellow priests notice something is wrong, the slow process will have reached the 'inevitable' stage. We'll all just have to see if they ever succeed. :}

Mmm-hmmm. So saith Ed, indeed.

Go to Top of Page

Firestorm
Senior Scribe

Canada
826 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2007 :  14:43:23  Show Profile Send Firestorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That quote doesn't make sense to me mostly because when Manshoon died and came back as a clone, he was exactly as powerful as he was when he died. All it did was transfer his consciousness to a clone body, complete with all the same powers.
Now, what hapened during the Manshoon wars could be different since several clones came alive at once, but even the original Manshoon used to get his butt handed to him by Elminster regularly.

The only guy Ed has mentioned as a puppetmaster who Elminster would not want to go after is Larloch the lich king. The guy is 46cr with 60 Powerful archwizard liches and 3 demiliches under his complete control after all.
Go to Top of Page

Charles Phipps
Master of Realmslore

1419 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2007 :  15:50:53  Show Profile  Visit Charles Phipps's Homepage Send Charles Phipps a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Manshoon's role as a manipulator is a tremendous one. His clones existed at once during their wars to gather individual power bases and grow in strength. If a single Manshoon existed controlling them all, it makes much more sense to me. Especially since we know the Manshoon of Westgate is only 12th level.

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2007 :  17:02:31  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I disagree on the Fzoul being the ultimate priest thing. There's also Quilue, Naneatha Suaril of Selune in Waterdeep, the Sharran Death Knight in Undermountain, and probably a dozen others in various sourcebooks who are at least in the 20's. Fzoul just has had more air time.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2007 :  17:20:26  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Charles Phipps

Especially since we know the Manshoon of Westgate is only 12th level.

The last I checked, he was at least level 18. I'd like to know where you got 12th level from...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Charles Phipps
Master of Realmslore

1419 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2007 :  17:32:51  Show Profile  Visit Charles Phipps's Homepage Send Charles Phipps a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Charles Phipps

Especially since we know the Manshoon of Westgate is only 12th level.

The last I checked, he was at least level 18. I'd like to know where you got 12th level from...

*shrugs* All that matters is he's significantly less powerful than the real one is my point. It's been awhile since I've read my copy of Lords of Darkness. But yeah, that was a bit of a blunder.

quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

I disagree on the Fzoul being the ultimate priest thing. There's also Quilue, Naneatha Suaril of Selune in Waterdeep, the Sharran Death Knight in Undermountain, and probably a dozen others in various sourcebooks who are at least in the 20's. Fzoul just has had more air time.

I don't quite get your point. I think I alluded to those in my posts. They don't matter though because it's Fzoul's role to be the most powerful Cleric that the PCs are likely to ever encounter.

Edited by - Charles Phipps on 11 Oct 2007 17:34:24
Go to Top of Page

Firestorm
Senior Scribe

Canada
826 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2007 :  20:29:53  Show Profile Send Firestorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its far more likely that when Manshoon was killed, and all his clones activated at once, that his power decreased in each. Not that there is a puppet master Manshoon controlling each. The fact that each Manshoon tried killing each other uncontrollably backs this logic up. Only 3 Manshoons survived as far as canon goes.

In any case, I checked it out, and Ed greenwood has never ever mentioned anything about there being a puppet master Manshoon much more powerful than the rest. If he said it, it would be on the net somewhere, and it is not. The closest thing I can find to puppet master with many dopplegangers that Elminster would not want to fight was his reference to Larloch, and how you would kill a lich, only to find it was not the real larloch.
Go to Top of Page

AlorinDawn
Learned Scribe

USA
313 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2007 :  21:29:56  Show Profile  Visit AlorinDawn's Homepage Send AlorinDawn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Manshoon is indeed a great deceiver. He obviously has all us confused ><.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2007 :  22:04:30  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Its far more likely that when Manshoon was killed, and all his clones activated at once, that his power decreased in each. Not that there is a puppet master Manshoon controlling each. The fact that each Manshoon tried killing each other uncontrollably backs this logic up. Only 3 Manshoons survived as far as canon goes.

I disagree with the splitting power idea... We know that the vampire one was just as powerful as the original. And there were more than forty clones that activated -- with that many, if there was a power-sharing thing going on, each of them would have been hard-pressed to toss a cantrip a week. Instead, they were still happily disintegrating each other.

And the killing each other thing is something that was part of the original clone spell. When Manshoon came up with the stasis clone, he either couldn't figure out how to beat that, or he didn't bother.

Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2007 :  23:03:02  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote

As powerful as your campaign needs them to be
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  00:26:54  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Only 3 Manshoons survived as far as canon goes.
Though, as Ed did say, there are actually more than the "official three" Manshoon clones running around. They've just yet to be referenced in the Realmslore.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2007 :  15:22:11  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
With respect, folks, some of the discussion here is founded on incomplete understandings. The lower levels of various Manshoon clones aren't "mistakes." Manshoon's clones aren't created by the PHB clone spell, but rather by Manshoon's stasis clone spell (which has been detailed by Ed in 2nd Ed sources, and remember: FR lore isn't trumped by rules edition changes, so just because 3e and 3.5e have come along since then, it DOESN'T mean there isn't still a "stasis clone" spell used by Manshoon. Several scenes in Ed's novels detail the "awakening" of Manshoon's clones, which normally occurred only when the "previous" Manshoon died. The multiple clones, hidden all over the Realms (El has threatened Manshoon in published Realmslore that he knows where they all are), each have the levels, memories, etc. they had when created . . . so some of them are of FAR less power than 'more modern' Manshoons (so killing Manshoon DOES harm him). Manshoon adds new clones from time to time, but what happened with the Manshoon Wars was that all (or almost all) of the clones were awakened at once. Hence all the different levels, etc. To reiterate: there is no "transfer" of existing spells, memories, etc. to a newly awakened clone.
And yes, Manshoon IS the ultimate puppet master among non-liches and non-zulkirs, although there's something going on with Hesperdan that Ed hasn't revealed to us all, yet.
Not trying to rain on the parade here, just to correct things before too many assumptions in reasoning are made based on the wrong clone spell.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2007 :  18:34:48  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here, for reference, are parts of the spell description, from page 124 of the Campaign Book of the Ruins of Zhentil Keep boxed set:

quote:
This spell creates a duplicate of a human, demihuman, or humanoid creature from any scrap of bone, hair, tissue, or at least six drops of blood from that being. If the caster is not the being to be duplicated, that living creature must touch the duplicate body, as it forms, to give it life.

This clone is identical to the original being in memories, skills, experience level, and appearance at the time the organic tissue was obtained from the being. It has one less point of Constitution than the original being, and it cannot form at all if the original being has a current Constitution of 1. All other ability scores are identical.

(snip)

Whenever the original being touches the stasis clone, the clone's memories, skills and experience levels are updated to match the original being's. Purely physical differences, such as aging, a wound, or an amputation the original being has gone through, are not mirrored by the clone in this process.

(snip)

Manshoon has used this spell both to escape a final death and to remain young. As he ages, he can update his stasis clone, get himself slain (usually in a reckless attack that destroys an enemy, such as a powerful Red Wizard), and return as a physically younger clone. Several wizards have offered him fantastic sums for a copy of this spell and reportedly have been refused. Others (including apprentices) have perished quite messily at Manshoon's hands when they attempted to steal the spell.

Manshoon's stasis clones are obvious targets for those who wish him dead, permanently. Several times his enemies or his rivals in the Inner Circle of the Zhentarim have gone to a great deal of trouble to kill him and destroy all of his stasis clones, only to find that Manshoon had squirreled away one or two they had missed. One reason that Manshoon has not advanced to a higher level as a wizard is undoubtedly the cumulative loss of a great deal of experience because of the lag between newly activated clones that had not been recently updated and previous, now-dead Manshoon incarnations.

Notate that the part about updating a clone does not contradict the Lovely Lady Hooded One's words: awakened clones don't get updated, but a clone still in stasis can be updated with a touch from the original.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 16 Oct 2007 18:36:23
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2007 :  18:47:37  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One more thing I should add here: Elminster easily beats Manshoon repeatedly not purely due to a power inbalance, but because El knows things about Manshoon (his truename, many of his "hanging" spells, his shieldings and mantle, how to activate many of his usually-worn items; many of the Chosen can use the Weave to "see" such things, and turn the items and spells of an opponent gainst them), and thus "has his number." See Ed's "So High A Price" story in REALMS OF INFAMY for why El hasn't just wiped out Manshoon years ago.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2007 :  23:36:03  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skeptic
As powerful as your campaign needs them to be

This is one of the few cases when 'do what you want' isn't an uninformative non-answer: it represents a central truth about how the Realms has been conceived and published from the start.
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One
Elminster easily beats Manshoon repeatedly not purely due to a power inbalance, but because El knows things about Manshoon (his truename, many of his "hanging" spells, his shieldings and mantle, how to activate many of his usually-worn items; many of the Chosen can use the Weave to "see" such things, and turn the items and spells of an opponent gainst them), and thus "has his number."
And there's another thing, as a general point about the Realms, I've explained and re-explained on the Wizards boards until I lost track of which paraphrases I'd used.
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2007 :  00:07:43  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Faraer
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One
Elminster easily beats Manshoon repeatedly not purely due to a power inbalance, but because El knows things about Manshoon (his truename, many of his "hanging" spells, his shieldings and mantle, how to activate many of his usually-worn items; many of the Chosen can use the Weave to "see" such things, and turn the items and spells of an opponent gainst them), and thus "has his number."
And there's another thing, as a general point about the Realms, I've explained and re-explained on the Wizards boards until I lost track of which paraphrases I'd used.

** Cough cough Kuge should stop reading at that point **

That's really cute, but not D&Dish
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2007 :  00:14:51  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

UH? What the hell does that mean?

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 17 Oct 2007 00:15:35
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2007 :  00:21:20  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:

It means that IMHO, Ed's answer doesn't fit the "official" D&D game and that I know you don't like me talking about such thing.
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2007 :  00:30:13  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The original World of Greyhawk boxed set included a preface that was told from the point of view of scholars looking back on the history of Oerth who had created a mathematical model to simulate the battles and abilities of those people and events of the past. The point was then made that no theoretical model could perfectly simulate the reality that was being discussed. So I guess 1st edition Greyhawk wasn't "official" D&D either, by that standard.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2007 :  00:33:18  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:

It means that IMHO, Ed's answer doesn't fit the "official" D&D game and that I know you don't like me talking about such thing.

There's no need for that Skeptic. And it's just plain nasty. I've already cautioned you about such discussions, twice as I recall. Rein your comments in, or I'll refer the matter to Alaundo directly.

This is your LAST warning!

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Charles Phipps
Master of Realmslore

1419 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2007 :  01:32:54  Show Profile  Visit Charles Phipps's Homepage Send Charles Phipps a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You know, I think it'd be pretty damn funny if there's like a hundred and fifty Manshoons living in the Wall of the Faithless because all of them were atheists. Then your player offers to set them free.

;-)

Yes, too bad that Manshoon wouldn't really reward you for it. He's not the honorable type.

Go to Top of Page

Wandering_mage
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2007 :  02:26:00  Show Profile  Visit Wandering_mage's Homepage Send Wandering_mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What a fascinating debate! I learned a lot from you all. Thanks for the lore.

Illum
The Wandering Mage
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2007 :  05:19:29  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
The Realms doesn't always exactly fit the rules, which are not the same as the game, and it needn't (but by all means argue otherwise). But I think even the basic rules of D&D (whatever version) offer scope for the effect of such knowledge, even if DMed as unimaginatively as you prefer, contrary to almost all 'official' DMing advice -- let alone with a little creativity and some Realms sourcebooks, unless you think Volo's Guide to All Things Magical defies the nature of D&D.
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR
The original World of Greyhawk boxed set included a preface that was told from the point of view of scholars looking back on the history of Oerth who had created a mathematical model to simulate the battles and abilities of those people and events of the past. The point was then made that no theoretical model could perfectly simulate the reality that was being discussed. So I guess 1st edition Greyhawk wasn't "official" D&D either, by that standard.
Yes, it's interesting to compare Ed and Gary's framing. Different men as they are, their gaming philosophies have more in common than a lot of people realize.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2007 :  19:23:22  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

For goodness's sake, the FR was a STORY setting before it was a game setting.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2007 :  19:41:53  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

quote:

For goodness's sake, the FR was a STORY setting before it was a game setting.

I'm not saying that the way Ed handled it is "bad", I'm saying that it may not work for the average D&D campaign.

BTW, I won't discuss this anymore until some things are cleared up with the mods.

Edited by - Skeptic on 17 Oct 2007 19:46:19
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2007 :  19:55:56  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm not saying that the way Ed handled it is "bad", I'm saying that it may not work for the average D&D campaign.

Then I don't think your words matched your intended meaning.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000