Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Blue Bear Uthgardt
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2003 :  20:26:53  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I was so impressed with the information i got on the Sorcerer Princes I figured I would give our senior scribes in attendance a shot at helping me out again.

Who has information on the Blue Bear Tribe and it's breakup? Lay it on me guys. I might have the resources but I'm not sure and I sure don't have much time to read, so any helpd would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Artalis

Email

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2003 :  18:18:17  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The best source for the 'story' of the Blue Bear uthgardt tribe and their "sister" tribe (the Tree Ghosts) is Eric Boyd's "Grandfather Tree" and "Hall of Mists" write-ups in his Mintiper's Chapbook articles featured on the WotC FR website. Awesome realmslore - a shame he didn't do more.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2003 :  08:19:22  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agreed George.

Eric's articles were great material. I incorporated a large portion of the material from all ten articles into a FR campaign I ran when the column was a regular feature.

Anyway, Artalis, the articles George mentioned are here and here.

Hope that helps,

Good learning...

- The Sage of Perth: For all your Realms Lore needs

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2003 :  16:28:02  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you greatly this information has proved to be most enlightening and usefull. Once again George, Sage, I am in your debt.

Artalis

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2003 :  06:53:46  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A pleasure, Artalis. If you are interested in the North in general, you might consider downloading the following North Timeline which I did late last year.

Go here:http://www.rkuty.com/downloads.htm

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2003 :  07:35:48  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Artalis. I take pride in my abilities as a Sage, to be able to help people with any FR lore they may need.

I am always happy to assist.

Good learning...

Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2003 :  20:48:33  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

A pleasure, Artalis. If you are interested in the North in general, you might consider downloading the following North Timeline which I did late last year.

Go here:http://www.rkuty.com/downloads.htm

-- George Krashos

The link is dead...:-(

Thanks anyway though.

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2003 :  08:31:06  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually Artalis, the link worked for me, and it had all the information George was talking about. You may be experiencing trouble with your web browser, if the page is not loading up properly.

Good learning...

Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2003 :  12:08:03  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I modified the url in the link to something that made more sense and I was able to get the file. Very strange behaviour. Thanks for making me look more closely.

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2003 :  13:18:39  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Glad to be of service .

May your learning be free and unfettered

Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2018 :  12:46:41  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Senior Scribe Artalis,

As it happens, here are a few sources, and a reply as well to the question proper. Ironically enough, on the FR Wiki, the page only cites
quote:
Storm King's Thunder
, which is very unexpected.

I wanted to toss out there that in The Year of Shadows Fleeting, -330 DR, is when the tribes of Uthgar were really established, so this would be their point of establishment, and it would be 1,643 years later in 1313 DR, The Year of the Shattered Oak, when they split in two during a fight that saw the formation of a new tribe: The Tree Ghost Tribe.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Artalis

I was so impressed with the information i got on the Sorcerer Princes I figured I would give our senior scribes in attendance a shot at helping me out again.

Who has information on the Blue Bear Tribe and it's breakup? Lay it on me guys. I might have the resources but I'm not sure and I sure don't have much time to read, so any helpd would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000