Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Sorceror Princes of Athalantar
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2003 :  22:47:19  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I need all the information anyone can find on the Sorceror Princes of Athalantar. I know that some information might be available in Ed Greenwoods novel series on Elminster. Elminster: Making of a Mage and so on. However I don't have the books and it took me about 2 months to finish reading Evermeet, with my schedule.

So I was hoping to avail myself of my fine scribe friends' talents.

What do you say folks, can you help out an old, tired scribe?

Edited by - Alaundo on 23 May 2003 09:13:39

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2003 :  07:08:14  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Artalis, I may be able to assist you with this.

Try this site

It details a lot about Elminster and the Realm of Athalantar. It may be just what you are looking for.

Good learning...

- The Sage of Perth: For all your Realms Lore needs

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 23 May 2003 12:59:09
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2003 :  08:27:09  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe Ed Greenwood did two or three features in Dragon Magazine on Athalantar lore. No idea what issue numbers they are though, sorry and I dont have my Dragon index to hand at the moment.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2003 :  15:24:22  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just one article -- "The Athalantan Campaign" in #228.
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2003 :  20:18:40  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sage of Perth

Try this site

It details a lot about Elminster and the Realm of Athalantar. It may be just what you are looking for.

Good learning...

Thanks Sage that info is key!

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2003 :  18:15:16  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And as a very obscure sidelight, if you read up on the Runemasters of the Twisted Rune in Empires of the Shining Sea, you'll note that one of them (Rhangaun?) was a mage assassin for hire way back then, and killed one of the Princes of Athalantar. Interesting ...

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2003 :  02:51:18  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And Athalantan gold crowns are still circulated in the modern Realms, as seen in Hand of Fire.
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2018 :  22:38:38  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Sage,

Is there by chance an updated URL to that site you linked to? It appears to now be defunct.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Try this site

Good learning...

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7974 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2018 :  22:55:11  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@cpthero2 - You can try searching the Wayback Machine and/or other internet archive sites.

Quite a lot of immensely popular (A)D&D content has fallen offline, especially pre-4E (pre-2008) stuff which is now "incompatible", replaced by WotC's published canon or simply abandoned by disenfranchised (A)D&D fans. There are still some private forums which maintain their own wikis/lore/campaigns, although membership of new contributors tends to be restricted and selective - (A)D&D grognards now come in many flavours, each of which stubbornly prefers to interact primarily with their own kind.

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 25 Sep 2018 23:01:51
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2018 :  01:51:40  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great Reader Ayrik,

Thank you for letting me know about that. I have quite a few sites marked (my god......a lot now that I am looking), but there can never be enough Realmslore out there.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

@cpthero2 - You can try searching the Wayback Machine and/or other internet archive sites.

Quite a lot of immensely popular (A)D&D content has fallen offline, especially pre-4E (pre-2008) stuff which is now "incompatible", replaced by WotC's published canon or simply abandoned by disenfranchised (A)D&D fans. There are still some private forums which maintain their own wikis/lore/campaigns, although membership of new contributors tends to be restricted and selective - (A)D&D grognards now come in many flavours, each of which stubbornly prefers to interact primarily with their own kind.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2018 :  01:53:19  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great Reader Ayrik,

Hot damn, it worked beautifully! Thank you kindly good sir!

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000