Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Aghazstamn's Lair
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aspen Willowleaf
Acolyte

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2007 :  08:51:23  Show Profile  Visit Aspen Willowleaf's Homepage Send Aspen Willowleaf a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've found this listed on numerous maps and have checked quite a few books. Does anyone know where to find or what is actually in the lair. It is between spiderhaunt woods and the desertmouth mountains.

steven wolff

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2007 :  08:52:27  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is that "thing" listed in Dragons of Faerūn?

Cave quid dicis, quando et cui!

Gęš a wyrd swa hio scel!

In memory of Alura Durshavin.

Visit my "Homepage" to find A Guide to the Drow NPCs of Faerūn, Drow and non-Drow PrC and much more.
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2007 :  10:30:27  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Spoiler warning for Spellfire (highlight to read):

I believe Aghazstamn is dead - killed by Shandril Shessair. This info can be found in Cult of the Dragon, p. 24, but presumably its also in the novel Spellfire. So it cannot be Aghazstamn himself.

As to what can now be found in his lair.... mmmh - no idea. An abonend treasure maybe? Or as can be read on the NOrthern Journey Campaign home page: "Aghazstamn’s lair reportedly contained a rich load of sparkling, flickering glowstones, known as beljuril."

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."

Edited by - Ergdusch on 10 Oct 2007 10:43:11
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2007 :  11:07:56  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since he was a dracolich of the Cult, I'd say one of two things happened upon his destruction. His lair was either abandoned, or given to another dragon (alive or undead). Either way, the Cult would have cleaned it out before doing anything else with it.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2007 :  12:57:06  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Since he was a dracolich of the Cult, I'd say one of two things happened upon his destruction. His lair was either abandoned, or given to another dragon (alive or undead). Either way, the Cult would have cleaned it out before doing anything else with it.

That does make sense. Could be a possibility to exploit as nifty dungeon master...

Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2007 :  14:30:56  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
On a sidenote ... I think I remember that passage in the novel, but as with normal liches, dracoliches are not that easily destroyed. Maybe you asked Mr. "FR-Dragons"* Eric L. Boyd whether he is still about?

*;-)

Cave quid dicis, quando et cui!

Gęš a wyrd swa hio scel!

In memory of Alura Durshavin.

Visit my "Homepage" to find A Guide to the Drow NPCs of Faerūn, Drow and non-Drow PrC and much more.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2007 :  16:38:47  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zanan

On a sidenote ... I think I remember that passage in the novel, but as with normal liches, dracoliches are not that easily destroyed. Maybe you asked Mr. "FR-Dragons"* Eric L. Boyd whether he is still about?

*;-)

Or just check the Roll Call of Dragons, which lists him as "disembodied".

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2007 :  16:43:05  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The info in Dragons says he is disembodied, so he's not technically deceased.

Edit: Wooly got it first but I checked my NPC file instead. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 10 Oct 2007 16:43:39
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2007 :  16:52:05  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Still slumbering in his phylactory than, I suppose.......? That leaves even more possibilities....

Go to Top of Page

Aspen Willowleaf
Acolyte

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2007 :  17:52:06  Show Profile  Visit Aspen Willowleaf's Homepage Send Aspen Willowleaf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What type of dragon was he (age), before he attained draco-lich? I have not found him on the dragon roster?

steven wolff

Edited by - Aspen Willowleaf on 10 Oct 2007 18:12:42
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2007 :  18:20:35  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Blue and Great Wyrm size.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2007 :  18:42:12  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Willowleaf

What type of dragon was he (age), before he attained draco-lich? I have not found him on the dragon roster?

If you look on the spreadsheet, he's listed on row 7.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2007 :  18:43:11  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

Wyrm, according to the Roll Call.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2007 :  18:47:39  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

Wyrm, according to the Roll Call.

You're right, guess I need to fix that on my NPC file. Dunno where I got the great from.

Edit: Actually I have wyrm on my NPC file. Guess I went brain dead and added great to that for no reason. Ah well.

Edited by - Kuje on 10 Oct 2007 18:48:43
Go to Top of Page

Aspen Willowleaf
Acolyte

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2007 :  04:01:50  Show Profile  Visit Aspen Willowleaf's Homepage Send Aspen Willowleaf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank You one and all

steven wolff
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000